Bulls and OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

london sonic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Bulls and OKC 

Post#1 » by london sonic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:27 pm

BULLS TRADE
PG-K.Hinrich and PF-C.Simmons
BULLS REC
PF-J.Smith,C-J.Petro and SG/SF-D.Wilkens

OKC TRADE
PF-J.Smith,C-J.Petro and SG/SF-D.Wilkens
OKC REC
PG-K.Hinrich and PF-C.Simmons

Reasons Bulls finally rid themselves of Hinrichs contract which OKC can afford and would fit in nicely with OKC.Also adding solid expiring vet in Smith and prospect big expiring in Petro.This could allow them to resign ben gordon and Wilkens contract comes off next season ready for the 2010 free agency frenzy.
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Re: Bulls and OKC 

Post#2 » by london sonic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:40 pm

How about another option PG-Hinrich and PF-Simmons for PG-Watson and PF-Smith.Watson is up for grabs and his contract also comes off at the right time.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#3 » by VintaGe36 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:41 pm

I'd imagine this is something CHI has to at LEAST consider, and do if I was them.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#4 » by Hoops23 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:49 pm

Bad trade for the Bulls!
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#5 » by VintaGe36 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:56 pm

You don't think a productive expiring is worth Hinrich? IF I'm CHI, I than flip him or Gooden to whoever I can for a late pick in this draft and call it a day.
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by london sonic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 3:00 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Bad trade for the Bulls!

Be nice to explain why.Hinrichs a very expensive backup point they cant afford unless they want Ben Gordon to skip for nothing and that contarct also runs past 2010 free agency.Hinrichs a good player but what do the Bulls expect to get in return.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#7 » by coldfish » Sun Jan 4, 2009 3:03 pm

At this point, we really don't know what direction the Bulls are going. A lot of fans want to go 2010, but we haven't seen that from the organization at all.

To that end, I really don't think they want to shed salary.

If the Thunder wants a Bulls guard, just sign Gordon for 5.50 this summer. He is a lot better than Hinrich. Westbrook is a near perfect complement for him.

Draft Thabeet, sign Boozer too and away you go.

Westbrook
Gordon
Durant
Boozer
Thabeet
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by london sonic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 8:23 pm

coldfish wrote:At this point, we really don't know what direction the Bulls are going. A lot of fans want to go 2010, but we haven't seen that from the organization at all.

To that end, I really don't think they want to shed salary.

If the Thunder wants a Bulls guard, just sign Gordon for 5.50 this summer. He is a lot better than Hinrich. Westbrook is a near perfect complement for him.

Draft Thabeet, sign Boozer too and away you go.

Westbrook
Gordon
Durant
Boozer
Thabeet

Considered Ben Gordon but how much would he cost wasnt he asking for 10mill plus over six years.5.5mill seems a bit cheap and dont think his salary demands would have dropped that much.Hinrichs contract is shorter,reduces and has PG skills with good defense which would fit in nicely with Presti and his defensive minded team.

considered
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by coldfish » Sun Jan 4, 2009 9:53 pm

london sonic wrote:Considered Ben Gordon but how much would he cost wasnt he asking for 10mill plus over six years.5.5mill seems a bit cheap and dont think his salary demands would have dropped that much.Hinrichs contract is shorter,reduces and has PG skills with good defense which would fit in nicely with Presti and his defensive minded team.

That was 5 years $50M, which is what you were thinking. The defensive difference between Gordon and Hinrich recently is marginal.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#10 » by boogydown » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:13 pm

coldfish wrote:
london sonic wrote:Considered Ben Gordon but how much would he cost wasnt he asking for 10mill plus over six years.5.5mill seems a bit cheap and dont think his salary demands would have dropped that much.Hinrichs contract is shorter,reduces and has PG skills with good defense which would fit in nicely with Presti and his defensive minded team.

That was 5 years $50M, which is what you were thinking. The defensive difference between Gordon and Hinrich recently is marginal.

I am sure Ben Gordon would love to move to a city 1/20 the size of Chicago.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#11 » by coldfish » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:33 pm

boogydown wrote:
I am sure Ben Gordon would love to move to a city 1/20 the size of Chicago.

Ben maintains his home and contacts in NYC. I'm not sure that where he plays matters that much.
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by london sonic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:26 pm

coldfish wrote:

Not sure OKC would throw that much at him Bulls didnt.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#13 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:44 pm

I dont see why the Thunder take on Hinrichs huge contract with Westbrook looking like their PG of the future?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Trades and Transactions