Amare to NJ, Vince & Jamison reunite with Suns,Wiz/Suns/Nets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

GMF
Senior
And1: 9

Re: Amare to NJ, Vince & Jamison reunite with Suns,Wiz/Suns/Nets 

Post#21 » by GMF » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:21 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
yungal07 wrote:MHD why don't you work on a trade that lands Amare in DC instead of helping another EC team get him for pennies on the dollar?

Pennies on the dollar?
VC and a future top 3 center is pennies?

I had no idea that Nets fan valued Brook that highly.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#22 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

GMF wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
yungal07 wrote:MHD why don't you work on a trade that lands Amare in DC instead of helping another EC team get him for pennies on the dollar?

Pennies on the dollar?

I had no idea that Nets fan valued Brook that highly.

Yes, we do.
We wouldn't trade him for less than a guy like Aldridge, Bosh, Granger, Wade, Dwight, Duncan, etc.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ZackMc72
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by ZackMc72 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

brook is good but you need to wake up and smell the roses and know that if he is as good as the cavs andy v. you should be happy
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#24 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:51 am

ZackMc72 wrote:brook is good but you need to wake up and smell the roses and know that if he is as good as the cavs andy v. you should be happy

What?
There aren't even remotely similar players.
He's already better anyway.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ZackMc72
Banned User

Post#25 » by ZackMc72 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:00 am

wow he isnt even close to andy.... andy is one of the best bigs that play D in the NBA maybe DH and shaq daddy are better and big ben but not many more. brook wont even be as good as his brother
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#26 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:03 am

ZackMc72 wrote:wow he isnt even close to andy.... andy is one of the best bigs that play D in the NBA maybe DH and shaq daddy are better and big ben but not many more. brook wont even be as good as his brother

You're not very smart are you.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#27 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am

^either that or he is very young. I would guess fresh in high school.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#28 » by SideSwipe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:11 am

Two things. Brook Lopez still has tons to prove to put him in the same sentence with Howard or Shaq, and you guys in NJ have zero understanding of basketball to rate Barbosa the way you guys have on this thread. To even think that Brook would be as good as Amare in NJ's rotation is not a good look at things. Amare plays with other 2 Hall-of Fame players and has made himself an All-NBA PF or center averaging 14-15 shots a game and still gets his number. He hit 55% of his shots, and somehow is able to wrestle 8.5 boards away from Shaq every night. When Barbosa gets consistent minutes at the wing spot with a good PG he will scor 18-20 points night in and night out, hands down. He does it while increasing the pace for a team, because he is in the top 5 speedsters in the league.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#29 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 am

Who is directly comparing him to Shaq or D Howard?

And Barbosa is a liability on defense.

And when is Barbosa gonna play with a good PG?
That Nash guy is terrible!

It sucks that he doesn't get many minutes either(rolls eyes).

NJ also really needs another one man fast break as well, cause our's isn't enough.

It's freakin' amazing how STAT(I love when guys give themselves nick names, it's the cool thing to do) WRESTLES away that astoniishing amount of rebounds from his own teammate in 38 mpg, AMAZING!

And who would have imagined that playing with 2 other HOFers that demand so much attention from the defense would help your FG% rise?!

See, it is true what they say, you really do learn something new everyday!
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#30 » by deviljets7 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:33 am

SideSwipe wrote:Two things. Brook Lopez still has tons to prove to put him in the same sentence with Howard or Shaq, and you guys in NJ have zero understanding of basketball to rate Barbosa the way you guys have on this thread. To even think that Brook would be as good as Amare in NJ's rotation is not a good look at things. Amare plays with other 2 Hall-of Fame players and has made himself an All-NBA PF or center averaging 14-15 shots a game and still gets his number. He hit 55% of his shots, and somehow is able to wrestle 8.5 boards away from Shaq every night. When Barbosa gets consistent minutes at the wing spot with a good PG he will scor 18-20 points night in and night out, hands down. He does it while increasing the pace for a team, because he is in the top 5 speedsters in the league.

A couple of things.

1. I agree with you about Barbosa. I'll admit he's a questionable fit in NJ's system (him and Harris are probably too small to play together). That said, my fellow Net fans who talk about him as if he has negative value are crazy.

2. Lopez isn't on the same level as a Howard, Shaq, etc.

That said, this whole Lopez/Amare stuff, has overshadowed the fact that the Nets would also be dealing an All-Star guard. I know people like to kill Vince here, but him and Brook is a very high price to pay, especially when Amare can easy bolt in a year and a half.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by lurkingobeiscity » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 am

No NBA team would trade for Amare without knowing he would resign with them.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#32 » by flash22 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I don't see how lopez will be a top 3 center in this league.

I would take Howard, Ming, Bynum, Oden, and Biedres over him.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#33 » by rsavaj » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm

This is terrible for Phoenix.
ZackMc72
Banned User

Post#34 » by ZackMc72 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Still thanks his brother is better :D

Still think he isnt even in the top 3 of bigs in his own draft maybe not even top 5
GSWfAnViNnY
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#35 » by GSWfAnViNnY » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:47 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:
GSWfAnViNnY wrote:i like the trade but since when did vince and antwan play toghther

Seems strange that a Warriors fan is asking this.

Yeah, I didn't even catch that, he must be young.

I knew the warriors tradeed twan for carter but I thought u meant they played on an nba team together. my bad
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#36 » by SideSwipe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:34 am

Vince for Pres, it is plainly apparent you haven't seen the Suns play much, and maybe not even New Jersey either. Barbosa does not play with Nash as much because right now he is backing him up, and the key to the phrase in my earlier statement was getting starters minutes. He is good enough to start on many teams in the league, and can easily average the points I mentioned. As far as one man fast break is concerned, Harris is great, but he needs a running mate. PG's usually start the break, not finish it. You intimated that Amare was not having a good year this year. He is averaging less touches than last year, but still being very efficient (55%) with his opportunities, and the rebounding going down, is because Shaq's minutes are going up, and Shaq is still a good rebounder, whih means every shot that goes up, Amare has to "Wrestle" with Shaq to get his boards. Amare has said at the beginning of the season that Shaq would get the boards and Amare would release on the break. Amare could easily average 25 and 10 in NJ, no problem, maybe more. If you give him 16-17 touches a game he will get there, easily. While I don't think Amare is as good a shot-blocker as Brook, he could probably get 2 per game in NJ. Brook looks like he'll average 3+ once he gets his minutes up.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#37 » by Avenger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:

Pennies on the dollar?

in what league?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#38 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Barbosa is not good enough to start.
He is a SG in a PG's body with horrid defense.
You're focusing on #'s too much.
Every statement you make you back up with, "he would average....blah, blah, blah".
Just cause Barbosa could average 20 a game starting does not make him a good starter or make a team a winner.
Just cause Amare supposedly could average 2 blocks a game doesn't make him a good defender.
Etc, etc, etc.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#39 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:12 pm

ZackMc72 wrote:Still thanks his brother is better :D

Still think he isnt even in the top 3 of bigs in his own draft maybe not even top 5

And this is why you are not a scout, or even very smart for that matter.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#40 » by SideSwipe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm

VC for Pres,
You're right, too much focus on numbers.... 8-) Barbosa is definitely good enough to start in a league where Damien Wilkins, Anthony Parker, Stephen Graham, Marco Bellinelli, Eric Gordon, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer and Ronnie Price start (check the starting lineups of games in the las few days). Also, nobody ever said that Barbosa, or Amare are good defenders, I simply stated the truth, both of the guys I mentioned are VERY capable of averagining exaclty what I stated. Lopez will probably be a good center, but don't go making assinine statements when there is still a lot to prove. Building a team is about what your goals are and when you want them to happen. If a team has a desire to be a premier destination for free-agents in 2010, then having somebody who is already at that level can only help attract and retain talent.

Return to Trades and Transactions