Oden for Jeff Green???

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Oden for Jeff Green??? 

Post#41 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm

killacalijatt wrote:
Malapropism wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:Hell No from Thunder

Maybe throw in a pick and then they can talk

You forgot the green font.

No I didnt from the flashes iv seen from Oden and Green Id easly take Green

Its this gut Feeeling I have that says Odens gonna be a bust and its gonna go down in history

In 2 seasons so far All Oden has done is
1. Get injured Twice
2. Nothing Else

You cant add any positives to that list, he isnt dominateing even with that huge frame, he doesnt have the moves down low, he just trys to over power guys hes not gonna be nothing more then a role player starter not Shaq Dwight Mutambo Robinson

Greg Oden is the leader among rookies in double-doubles.This despite missing two weeks with a sprained ankle.As he gets in better shape his numbers are increasing and he is becoming more effective.Portland is also only now starting to use him on offense more
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
SayHeyKid
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#42 » by SayHeyKid » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:55 pm

killacalijatt wrote:
Malapropism wrote:

Its this gut Feeeling I have that says Odens gonna be a bust and its gonna go down in history

1. Get injured Twice
2. Nothing Else

You cant add any positives to that list, he isnt dominateing even with that huge frame, he doesnt have the moves down low, he just trys to over power guys hes not gonna be nothing more then a role player starter not Shaq Dwight Mutambo Robinson

Well we all now know how little you know about basketball and developing players - virtually nothing. Have fun living in your dream world.
SayHeyKid
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#43 » by SayHeyKid » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 pm

killacalijatt wrote:
Malapropism wrote:

1. Get injured Twice
2. Nothing Else

Well we all now know how little you know about basketball and developing players - virtually nothing. Have fun living in your dream world.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#44 » by wiff » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:23 pm

4ho5ive wrote: Green is like a better Ryan Gomes, in that he is best off the bench splitting minutes at the 3 and 4.

I really don't care that you wouldn't pull the trigger on the trade but this is simply wrong about Green.

Once Green moved to the PF and Durant slid up to the SF their numbers have gone through the roof.

For the month of Dec Green averaged 18pts and 7rebs. So why does he need to come off the bench?

I like Green and Durant as "forwards" together. I think as time goes on and Durant adds on a few more pounds they will create a ton of mismatches. Plus they both play "D".

Return to Trades and Transactions