NJ/MIN

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NEWJer-zNets
Ballboy
And1: 0

NJ/MIN 

Post#1 » by NEWJer-zNets » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:05 pm

New Jersey Nets recieve:
Jason Collins (expiring)
Mike Miller

T-Wolves recieve:
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Stromile Swift (Expiring)
Muarice Ager (Expiring)
Bobby Simmons

As a Nets fan, the only player in this deal that I wouldnt really want to give up is CDR....
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Re: NJ/MIN 

Post#2 » by sunshinekids99 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I see no reason for Minnesota to do this deal. They don't get a whole lot in return, so there is really no reason to move Mike Miller.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#3 » by john2jer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:10 pm

NEWJer-zNets wrote:New Jersey Nets recieve:
Jason Collins (expiring)
Mike Miller

T-Wolves recieve:
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Stromile Swift (Expiring)
Muarice Ager (Expiring)
Bobby Simmons

As a Nets fan, the only player in this deal that I wouldnt really want to give up is CDR....

You realize this is absolutely HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE for the Wolves, right?

The incentive to trading Mike Miller would be to clear cap space in 2009, yet you managed to make the Wolves cap situation even worse. Congrats. Fail.

No New Jersey and Minnesota trade should include Bobby Simmons, unless he's being spun to a third team.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Howler21
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Howler21 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Liar, you just love the thought of getting Collins back :lol:

At is a turrible turrible deal...
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:25 pm

So we trade an expiring contract that is exactly equal to what Swift is getting and give up the best player AND we get Bobby Simmons?? I cant sign on the dotted line fast enough
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:31 pm

I was gonna say, it'd probably be in the Nets best interest to keep Simmons and you guys keep Collins. Gives the Wolves more cap relief this offseason and gives the Nets more cap space when we actually need the space which is in 2010.

Honestly, why are so many people complicating this deal. Miller For Swift/Young player both sides can agree on/1st rounder (not Dallas's, try to get a lotto restriction on it if it makes you sleep better at night in Jersey). Done deal. If my fellow Net fans don't like that, demand Minny's 2009 2nd round pick. It'll be an early pick, we can hope a guy we liked (see: CDR who we were torn between when we selected Ryan Anderson) falls to us, and we're not locked into the guy for a few years. Done deal in my opinion.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 141

Post#7 » by schaffy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 pm

^ I think the problem you run into there is that Minny wants to unload Cardinal if they are trading Miller. And Minny doesnt have their own 09 2nd, the pistons do. However, they are getting a couple of 2nds from Miami.
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:26 pm

imlbj23 wrote:^ I think the problem you run into there is that Minny wants to unload Cardinal if they are trading Miller. And Minny doesnt have their own 09 2nd, the pistons do. However, they are getting a couple of 2nds from Miami.

I'd take one of Miami's 2nd rounders.

Return to Trades and Transactions