DET - PHX - NY (6 player shuffle)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

DET - PHX - NY (6 player shuffle) 

Post#1 » by RTM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 pm

DET Receives: Amare Stoudemire, Jared Jeffries

Stuckey/Bynum
AI/Rip/Afflalo
Prince/Herrmann/Sharpe
McDyess/Maxiell/Jeffries
Amare/Kwame

PHX Receives: David Lee, Amir, Johnson, Malik Rose

Nash/Dragic
Richardson/Barbosa
Hill/Barnes/Dudley/Tucker
Lee/Johnson/Amundson/Rose
O'Neal/Lopez/Sims

NY Receives: Rasheed Wallace

Duhon/Roberson
Richardson/Robinson
Chandler/Gallinari
Harrington/Thomas
Wallace/Curry

WHY?

Detroit gets a young star in Amare to help this team as it transitions and (hopefully) remains going forward. There are no picks are assets involved (Amir aside), and the only cost in Jeffries' deal.

Phoenix gets two productive young bigs to replace Amare in the lineup. Both are unselfish, hustle players who should fit into a lineup with plenty of shooters and Shaq down low. Rose is and expiring filler.

NY trades Lee (who they wouldn't be able to resign and keep 2010 cap space) for Sheed, who will be very productive for Mike D'Antoni this year, and could resign for less this summer. They also get more cap for 2010 by shedding Jeffries.

Not perfect for any side involved, but it's certainly feasible. Thoughts?
nadiroo13
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Re: DET - PHX - NY (6 player shuffle) 

Post#2 » by nadiroo13 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm

surprised no body gave feedback...but...
I like the trade for the Pistons and Knicks, not sure if Phoenix would bite, but if they would, we would be dancing in detroit
lol, i guess it's been a while.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Post#3 » by bishnykfan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 pm

NY isn't going to move Lee just to get rid of JJ. Maybe Curry, but definitely not Jeffries. Then throwing in Rose's expiring contract makes this a deal NY would pass on. And again, I don't see the Suns doing this either, but if that is what it would take to get Amare, NY would just cut Detroit out and take Amare for themselves.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am

knicks dont want a declining player.. and the knicks CAN resign david lee and still sign a max FA, they just cannot resign him and sign TWO max FA's unless they can dump curry +

and phx gets rapppped as much as i like lee and amir, their value <<<<amare (who i dont like at all but its the reality of it)
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#5 » by RTM » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:46 am

bishnykfan wrote:NY isn't going to move Lee just to get rid of JJ. Maybe Curry, but definitely not Jeffries. Then throwing in Rose's expiring contract makes this a deal NY would pass on. And again, I don't see the Suns doing this either, but if that is what it would take to get Amare, NY would just cut Detroit out and take Amare for themselves.

If you doubt that Amir, Lee and Rose are close enough, than you surely realize how much worse Rose, Lee and Jeffries is for PHX. The inclusion of DET is necessary for the deal as structured to work.

Also, I'd like to point out that throwing in Rose's expiring is not the least bit harmful to NY's cap plans. Sheed is an expiring contract nearly double that of Rose's, and he can still play at a high level (he, like many other bigs with range, would blow up in the SSOL offense.

I realize this deal would probably require more incentive for PHX, so I've got no problems with including a 1st from Detroit.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#6 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:50 am

RTM wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:NY isn't going to move Lee just to get rid of JJ. Maybe Curry, but definitely not Jeffries. Then throwing in Rose's expiring contract makes this a deal NY would pass on. And again, I don't see the Suns doing this either, but if that is what it would take to get Amare, NY would just cut Detroit out and take Amare for themselves.

If you doubt that Amir, Lee and Rose are close enough, than you surely realize how much worse Rose, Lee and Jeffries is for PHX. The inclusion of DET is necessary for the deal as structured to work.

Also, I'd like to point out that throwing in Rose's expiring is not the least bit harmful to NY's cap plans. Sheed is an expiring contract nearly double that of Rose's, and he can still play at a high level (he, like many other bigs with range, would blow up in the SSOL offense.

I realize this deal would probably require more incentive for PHX, so I've got no problems with including a 1st from Detroit.

I honestly don't think a non lottery 1st rounder will be enough to seal the deal. Wallace means nothing to the Knicks, sure he is an expiring but that is all he is. He would not be resigned and the Knicks could find a much better deal IMO for Lee.

PHX won't do it either. Lee, Amir, an expiring and a late 1st isn't worth Amare, especially when PHX would still have to turn around and give Lee and Amir extensions at the same time they could have been giving Amare an extenstion.

You won't get Amare when you don't send out Stuckey, AI, Prince as the centerpieces. IMO there is just not going to happen. I know that majority of DET fans are very high on Amir, but he just doesn't hold much value on realgm, don't ask me why, it just seems that way.

If you think a Lee/Amir/Exp package can net you Amare NYK can deffinately throw a package out there to match it. They have Gallarini, Lee, Chandler, Robinson, Harrington, and 30+ mil in expirings to play with. But like I said, if you are willing to part with Stuckey, AI, or Prince, it might be a different story.

PHX is still in a win now mode and this wouldn't happen until atleast this offseason when/if they decide to blow it up........

Return to Trades and Transactions