PHI/LAC: Davis for Miller+Filler

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Padawan
Junior
And1: 2

Re: PHI/LAC: Davis for Miller+Filler 

Post#21 » by Padawan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Is the pick that important? Sixers are a young team and everyone keeps saying this is a weak draft so why add some salary? I'd be willing to send the pick to the Clippers.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#22 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:05 pm

That's more or less my opinion as well, Padawan. I can understand wanting to hold onto your assets but the pick figures to be between 16 and 20 (more likely on the 20 side). If anyone here ever pays attention to the draft, the #20 pick usually yields a career bench player and it is a pick that can be acquired on draft night for $.60 on the dollar.

It's not a make or break to me especially since we will have Jason Smith coming back from injury next season anyway AND have the MLE to sign a player. As it is right now, we're struggling to find minutes for our guys.
ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#23 » by ClipperEric » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 pm

The Guilty Party wrote:
ClipperEric wrote:I'll take this deal. But Philly shouldn't have to give up the 1st. Just include some average joe to make the salaries match and its fair.

The salaries match as it is and no filler is needed for these two to be traded for each other....

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4957971

I was talking about the 3 way deal with Sacramento being the one I'd accept. The salaries do match as is, but I think SAC may want more value in return. The 1st may be fair afterall, since Philly will be mid to late 1st round.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4958261
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm fine with that and throwing in the mid-late first to the Clips. So sign me up for that 3-way. You may want to make a separate thread to see if we can get some Sac fans to comment on this.
Padawan
Junior

Post#25 » by Padawan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm

That Sacramento trade is kinda unfair to the Kings, unless they think Udrih is a burden...

I think that the Sixers have 4 positions with nice options for the future, the exception is the point guard position. I don't know if Baron Davis is the real answer here but he sure is a better player than Andre Miller. The thing with Baron is that he wants the ball and he'll shoot it finishing the break before looking for an open man. Even knowing that Baron loves the ball in his hands ( jeeezzzz ) he may be the answer and at a small cost imo and the risk is not that high too.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#26 » by SportsFan215 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:44 pm

I'd rather go with something like this. I've heard Miller for Hinrich rumors, and I know Portland would rather have Hinrich than Miller.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Clippers Get: LaFrentz/Bayless/'09 First from PHI (Top 10 Protected)
Clippers Give: B. Davis/Hart

Sixers Get: B. Davis
Sixers Give: Miller/'09 First (Top 10 Protected)

Bulls Get: Miller
Bulls Give: Hinrich

Blazers Get: Hinrich/Hart (just for salary purposes)
Blazers Give: LaFrentz/Bayless
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#27 » by sec-106 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 pm

The Guilty Party wrote:With the deadline coming and Andre Miller Trade talk picking up as well, I figured I'd throw this out there (I think it's been done many times before)

To PHI: Baron Davis

To LAC: Andre Miller + 2009 1st Rd Pick OR Marreese Speights

Done!!!!
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:06 am

SportsFan215 wrote:I'd rather go with something like this. I've heard Miller for Hinrich rumors, and I know Portland would rather have Hinrich than Miller.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Clippers Get: LaFrentz/Bayless/'09 First from PHI (Top 10 Protected)
Clippers Give: B. Davis/Hart

Sixers Get: B. Davis
Sixers Give: Miller/'09 First (Top 10 Protected)

Bulls Get: Miller
Bulls Give: Hinrich

Blazers Get: Hinrich/Hart (just for salary purposes)
Blazers Give: LaFrentz/Bayless

Me and you are speaking the same language, SportsFan. Again... DONE for the Sixers now get on the horn and make it happen!
Padawan
Junior

Post#29 » by Padawan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 am

That's not a good deal for the Bulls though. The Bulls need to trade a guard ( + a prospect if needed ) for a C or PF, they have no need for Andre since he would play 25min at most.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#30 » by SportsFan215 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm just trying to find a 3rd team for Andre MIller where the Clippers could get an expiring that isn't as productive as MIller plus either a pick or a prospect.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#31 » by doctor him » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:41 pm

sec-106 wrote:
The Guilty Party wrote:With the deadline coming and Andre Miller Trade talk picking up as well, I figured I'd throw this out there (I think it's been done many times before)

To PHI: Baron Davis

To LAC: Andre Miller + 2009 1st Rd Pick OR Marreese Speights

Done!!!!

Undone. I want no part of B-Diddy's contract with that injury history.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#32 » by Foshan » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:43 am

^ yeah gotta agree with that.

Miller is playing great basketball right now, Davis is always injured. If Philly is going to bail the Clips out of there 5 year mistake with an easy-out expiring, they should be sending the "thank-you" pick to Philly, no vise-versa.

Return to Trades and Transactions