Kings/Pistons/Wizards

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Kings/Pistons/Wizards  

Post#1 » by yungal07 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Kings trade: Salmons, Miller, Thomas
Kings receive: Iverson

Pistons trade: Iverson
Pistons receive: Jamison, Miller, Stevenson

Wizards trade: Jamison, Stevenson
Wizards receive: Salmons, Thomas

Why for the Kings: They dump a ton of contract in one fell swoop.

Why for the Pistons: They answer their frontcourt issues by adding two trustworthy solid vets in Jams and Miller. They add backcourt depth by adding a defender in Stevenson.

Why for the Wizards: They add a talented 2-guard in Salmons, and a short contract in Thomas.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: Kings/Pistons/Wizards  

Post#2 » by princeofpalace » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Detroit declines. They simply add far too much salary and players who are getting up there in age when they are trying to get younger to build around Stuck/Tay. Jamison doesnt play defense and will be getting 15 million when he is 35 years old, Detroit has ZERO interest in him,
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by yungal07 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:17 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Detroit declines. They simply add far too much salary and players who are getting up there in age when they are trying to get younger to build around Stuck/Tay

That's understandable, but Prince isn't that young. He's turning 29 a few days. Rip is 31 and was just extended to a long contract (longer than Jamison). I'd say the Pistons window for winning with this current team is closing soon. This deal would help them immensely IMO, although i do understand the salary issue. The age issue...I'm not so sure I agree with that one.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 pm

yungal07 wrote:
princeofpalace wrote:Detroit declines. They simply add far too much salary and players who are getting up there in age when they are trying to get younger to build around Stuck/Tay

That's understandable, but Prince isn't that young. He's turning 29 a few days. Rip is 31 and was just extended to a long contract (longer than Jamison). I'd say the Pistons window for winning with this current team is closing soon. This deal would help them immensely IMO, although i do understand the salary issue. The age issue...I'm not so sure I agree with that one.

I think the thought is to get younger while building around those guys, not get older. This trade shortens any window that Tay and Rip have. Only way I see Detroit making a trade is if it leaves them with cap space in the near future.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#5 » by princeofpalace » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 pm

john2jer wrote:
yungal07 wrote:

I think the thought is to get younger while building around those guys, not get older. This trade shortens any window that Tay and Rip have. Only way I see Detroit making a trade is if it leaves them with cap space in the near future.

This is what Im talking about. Detroit isnt looking to add a 32 year old PF espeically with that big a contract especially to put around Stuck/Tay especially when they could potentially get a younger one in FA with their capspace (Boozer)

Return to Trades and Transactions