Looking for a legit athletic backup pf/c

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JR_SMITH_23
Junior
And1: 0

Looking for a legit athletic backup pf/c 

Post#1 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:51 pm

The Hornets need one REALLY bad and I think with acquiring one that can come in to the can and bring INSTANT energy off the bench EVERY time as well as score, rebound/defend and can get to the lane I think that along with our other players STEPPING up and they know who they are, we get back to being a great team that has as just as much the same shot at winning it all as the Celtics, Lakers (pre-injured Bynum), Cavs and Spurs. Maybe even the Magic (seriously) That being said who would your team offer and what would you want from us, considering these guys are off limits. Paul, West, Chandler and Peja.
killbuckner
RealGM

Re: Looking for a legit athletic backup pf/c 

Post#2 » by killbuckner » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:57 pm

there was a player who brought instant energy, athleticism, could score, rebound, defend, and drive then why the hell would they be a backup? You can find an energy/rebounding guy. You could find someone who can score. You could find a defender. But you are asking for the whole package and teams just aren't going to give players like that up
JR_SMITH_23
Junior

Post#3 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:59 pm

They are out there. Brandon Bass (shoulda kept) Paul Millsap and Jason Maxiell. Not really sure about these guys penetrating game but I know they have the rest.
flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#4 » by flash22 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:17 pm

Julian Wright,Hilton Armstrong,Rasual Butler,Morris Peterson, 2009 1st for Antawn Jamison, DeShawn Stevenson

Chris Paul, Antonio Daniels
DeShawn Stevenson, Devin Brown
Peja Stojakovic, Antawn Jamison
David West, Antawn Jamison
Tyson Chandler, Melvin Ely
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by sonic-ben » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:24 pm

JR_SMITH_23 wrote:The Hornets need one REALLY bad and I think with acquiring one that can come in to the can and bring INSTANT energy off the bench EVERY time as well as score, rebound/defend and can get to the lane I think that along with our other players STEPPING up and they know who they are, we get back to being a great team that has as just as much the same shot at winning it all as the Celtics, Lakers (pre-injured Bynum), Cavs and Spurs. Maybe even the Magic (seriously) That being said who would your team offer and what would you want from us, considering these guys are off limits. Paul, West, Chandler and Peja.

Chris Wilcox for Butler, Armstrong and 2011 #1
Go cougs
JR_SMITH_23
Junior

Post#6 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:43 pm

Thats too much for Wilcox...and I'd rather keep my big. We those big bodies for the playoffs. How about Mo Pete/1st/Bowen still a little off salaray wise by 1,166,631 for Wilcox/Weaver. Another team could get involved to make the monies work.
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by lurkingobeiscity » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:44 pm

Josh Boone for Julian Wright? He could provide some rebounding and D in a new setting. He's a good cutter but can't shoot.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#8 » by RTM » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:47 pm

How about Maxiell for Wright?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,424

Post#9 » by shrink » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:51 pm

I just don't think NO has the trade assets to go get someone like Milsap, Bass, or probably even Maxiel.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#10 » by RTM » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:54 pm

^ They do if they're willing to move Wright. I love his potential.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#11 » by Crimson King » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:57 pm

Mikki Moore would be nice for the Hornets, but I don't see a fair offer for both teams: Rasual Butler isn't enough for the Kings, and Julian Wright is too much for the Hornets.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#12 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:04 pm

Nocioni is a SF/PF but he’s yours for a shorter deal.
KDiddy
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#13 » by KDiddy » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:12 am

zar wrote:Mikki Moore would be nice for the Hornets, but I don't see a fair offer for both teams: Rasual Butler isn't enough for the Kings, and Julian Wright is too much for the Hornets.

Mikki Moore for Butler/Bowen and 1st would be fair. A 1st for Mikki sounds like too much, but the Hornets sold theirs last year for 3 mil, and with Mikki's buyout they would save 4 million next season by moving Butler, considering they will be in the luxury tax. Depends on if the Kings are going to try and make a move to get under the cap this year, if they are the extra 2 mil would hurt them, otherwise that's good value for another 1st for a rebuilding team.

Return to Trades and Transactions