DEN/ATL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

DEN/ATL 

Post#1 » by berserker » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:24 pm

Horford and Flip Murray for Kleiza, Hunter, OKC 2nd.....

Thoughts?
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: DEN/ATL 

Post#2 » by qclakers » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:26 pm

IS this a joke?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#3 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:30 pm

IBTL
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#4 » by loserX » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:30 pm

Thoughts: unbelievably bad for Atlanta.

Horford has considerably more value than Kleiza (even if Kleiza weren't going to be RFA this year, which he is), Murray has more value than an injured Hunter, and a 2nd rounder doesn't come close to making it up.
berserker
Rookie

Post#5 » by berserker » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:31 pm

Gee...........um, no, no joke. I threw in the early 2nd from OKC to make it more viable.

I'd appreciate hearing WHY you think it's a joke. That was the intent of me asking what other's thoughts were about this.

Jeezus, what the hell is wrong with people?
berserker
Rookie

Post#6 » by berserker » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:32 pm

thx, loser x. I appreciate your opinions, even if we don't always agree.

So what would it take to get Horford, in your eyes? I like his game and think his tenacity would be a perfect fit for Denver....

Also, keeping in mind that the OKC second is an early pick, yet not guaranteed.....that's why it's got some value....
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:34 pm

berserker wrote:Also, keeping in mind that the OKC second is an early pick, yet not guaranteed.....that's why it's got some value....

The only thing you guys have that could even compare to Horford in value is Melo.....

Granted Melo would command more from Atlanta in a trade, theres nothing you could get Horford for outside of him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
berserker
Rookie

Post#8 » by berserker » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:36 pm

Understanding that Horford is more valuable than Kleiza, I still think that Kleiza has a decent trade value as well, and that his ability to light it up is being overlooked. Perhaps a 1st rather than a 2nd?
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:38 pm

berserker wrote:thx, loser x. I appreciate your opinions, even if we don't always agree.

So what would it take to get Horford, in your eyes? I like his game and think his tenacity would be a perfect fit for Denver....

Horford is starting at C, cheaply, for a team that is in the upper half of the Eastern playoff bracket. The only way they're likely to give him up is if they get a better centre without massively screwing up their salary structure. Denver can't offer them that.
berserker
Rookie

Post#10 » by berserker » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:44 pm

At 6'9", Horford is valuable as a PF, but he's not a true center. You have a true PF in Josh Smith, a couple of nice SF's (assuming the kleiza trade) with Kleiza and Williams, Joe Johnson at the two, and Bibby at the one. Atlanta won't get by the better teams without, IMO, having a true center.

IF, and this is a big if, Hunter is healthy and can contribute, I'd be willing to throw a future protected first AND the OKC second to get the trade done....would that be "fair?

It all depends on Hunter. Frankly, if he's healthy and can play at a decent level off the bench in Denver, I wouldn't mind keeping him. Just looking for ways to improve my Nuggets.....

Return to Trades and Transactions