Iverson goes to New Orleans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Re: Iverson goes to New Orleans 

Post#21 » by HeroicKennedy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:04 pm

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:HK you really gotta get Boozer out of your head. He will not make us a better team. He is a terrible defender and won't play 30 games a season. He is in no way worth the money, were going to go after him, anyone who pays him is incredibly stupid.

You know, I used to think this way, but in all honesty the fact of the matter is that we're not going to land Bosh or Amar'e, and anyone that can give you 20-10 at 50% or higher is going to help this team at this point, and defense is usually infectious. Was Pierce or Allen know as good defenders before they joined Boston? No, not really. I figure if he's surrounded by players committed to playing defense, he will at the very least improve.

There are some injury questions with Boozer, obviously, but prior to this season he only missed 9 games over the past two seasons, which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Now, we can either take Boozer or simply watch Bosh go to Texas and Amar'e go wherever the hell they run. We can then blow our load on some over the hill players or something of that nature. Or, we can take Boozer, who'll be 28, have Kander work with him (I mean, he pretty much revived Dice's dead career) and then get back to winning.

Boozer isn't going to get much in the ways of offers. No one is going to give him a max contract because most of the teams that are that far under the cap aren't looking to add a deal like that. So we're the frontrunners and I doubt he'd turn down a 5 year, 75 million dollar deal similar to what Mr. Brand got, and really, that isn't that bad considering guys like Bosh and Amar'e could command somewhere around 6 years, 120 million dollars.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#22 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm not saying we'll get Bosh or Amare, but Philly is already regretting the Brand contract.

Allen still isn't regarded as a good defender and Pierce was always regarded as a decent defender, Garnett just improved the help defense and makes them look a lot better, like Ben Wallace did here.

Boozer is already surrounded by solid defenders. Williams, Brewer and Kirilenko are all very good defenders and it hasn't helped him.

Boozer had only 2 solid years. In a possible 541 games, he's only played in 419 of them. He is extremely injury prone and the only miracle Kander has done was on Dice and Dice is regarded as one of the hardest working guys in the league. Boozer isn't half that. So we'll be stuck in a massive contract for a guy who isn't worth it at all.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#23 » by princeofpalace » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:31 pm

I agree with HK and Boozer is paired with another no defense playing bigman in Okur so ofcourse Utahs interior defense is going to be weak. When you have a big that doesnt play D, you have to pair him up with one that does. Detroit desperately needs a bigman, especially one as good in the P&R and as good a rebounder as Boozer. He is worth the risk; waiting for Bosh isnt.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#24 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Wed Feb 4, 2009 11:25 pm

Well who are we gonna pair him with, most Pistons fans are positive Sheed is gone, so the big defensive center he's gonna be paired with is Kwame?
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#25 » by princeofpalace » Wed Feb 4, 2009 11:29 pm

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:Well who are we gonna pair him with, most Pistons fans are positive Sheed is gone, so the big defensive center he's gonna be paired with is Kwame?

I actually don't think Sheed is out especially not if Dumars gets Boozer. Also, I'm in the Sheed will be easy to acquire camp because most teams only have the MLE (around 5 mil) and Sheed will be 35 at start of next season and teams are penalized for signing free agents on deals that extend past 36
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#26 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:40 am

Yeah but Sheed really isn't that great defensively anymore. Utah's had a glaring problem on the defensive end of the ball and they also go through offensive droughts occasionally because other then Boozer they are a jumpshooting team, so my fear is that if we sign Boozer, we become the Jazz of the East with a slightly better jump shooters but with a much worse pick and roll offense and its become obvious the last two years the Jazz have been exactly what were rebuilding from, just good enough not to win.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#27 » by princeofpalace » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:16 am

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:Yeah but Sheed really isn't that great defensively anymore. Utah's had a glaring problem on the defensive end of the ball and they also go through offensive droughts occasionally because other then Boozer they are a jumpshooting team, so my fear is that if we sign Boozer, we become the Jazz of the East with a slightly better jump shooters but with a much worse pick and roll offense and its become obvious the last two years the Jazz have been exactly what were rebuilding from, just good enough not to win.

I dont see how Detroit would be the Jazz of the East; they have a borderline all star SG- Jazz don't have that, they have a C that can actually play good defense (Sheed hasn't declined defensively all that much)- jazz also dont have that and they have a slashing PG ) . Detroit wont be anymore of a jumpshooting team than they are now, and to be frank given Boozers post abilities I think they will be less of a jumpshooting team.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#28 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:14 am

Yeah but I think your undermining the value of D. Willams by a lot. The guy is the best player in the league to never make an allstar game. He is arguably the 2nd best point guard in the league and makes everyone on there a lot better. We don't have that, Stuckey is good, but he's not Williams.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#29 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 5, 2009 7:11 am

BDM22 wrote:Not sure why Pistons fans are complaining. I'd do this in a second. We get a solid youngish C, a deadly 3-point shooter (who would come off the bench), a backup point. Rip moves back to the starting 2.

I don't see the what's bad for Detroit. I also don't see why NOH gives up on the playoffs right after they got a gift from the basketball gods in the form of an injured Laker.

are you referring to andrew bynum???
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#30 » by CB-Blazer » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:36 am

vege wrote:Peja Stojakovic $12,528,000 $13,392,000 $14,256,000
Antonio Daniels $6,200,000 $6,600,000
Rasual Butler $3,630,000 $3,945,000
+ we give up Max.

If you still can't see i am sorry for you.
With that money Detroit can sign Boozer or Millsap and Ariza if you think Rasual Butler + Daniels + Peja > Boozer/Millsap + Ariza lol ok.
If you want to pay 40 millions for a guy to shoot 3's and nothing much more lol.

The only thing i would want from that deal is Chandler and i would say more than half of Detroit fans don't like him because they say he is a "CP3's product."

Because Chris Paul has such a huge effect that it spills over to Chandlers great post D/shot-blocking and rebounding abilities? Chandler won't amaze you with his offense, but he can grab boards and convert the bucket and would play awesome with Stuckey because he is a driver than can easily dish it off to Chandler when the offense collapses on him....

Tyson Chandler would make the Pistions a much more feared team than Carlos Boozer would. Boozer cares about Boozer and Boozer only and then add into the fact that he is literally allergic to defense.....then add into the fact that he is pretty injury prone....

I don't know why but Chandler seems like the tough Piston defensive player to me....

As to Peja, yea you pay alot for him but you get a top 10 center in the leauge pretty dang cheap.

Stuckey/Rip/Prince/Johnson/Chandler is one of the best starting line-ups in the league and have affalao/Peja/Sheed/Dice coming off of the bench.....pretty dang good team.

I dono, I just don't see the reasoning behind nixing the trade due to Pejas contract or the possibility of signing Boozer.

Maybe you could try and swing Peja to a 3rd team or find a way to take him out of the deal due to the fact that he is probably worth more to NO than majority of the teams in the leauge.....

Oh BTW, NO giggles and waits to say you are joking.........
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#31 » by vege » Thu Feb 5, 2009 9:01 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
+ we give up Max.

With that money Detroit can sign Boozer or Millsap and Ariza if you think Rasual Butler + Daniels + Peja > Boozer/Millsap + Ariza lol ok.
If you want to pay 40 millions for a guy to shoot 3's and nothing much more lol.

The only thing i would want from that deal is Chandler and i would say more than half of Detroit fans don't like him because they say he is a "CP3's product."

Because Chris Paul has such a huge effect that it spills over to Chandlers great post D/shot-blocking and rebounding abilities? Chandler won't amaze you with his offense, but he can grab boards and convert the bucket and would play awesome with Stuckey because he is a driver than can easily dish it off to Chandler when the offense collapses on him....

Tyson Chandler would make the Pistions a much more feared team than Carlos Boozer would. Boozer cares about Boozer and Boozer only and then add into the fact that he is literally allergic to defense.....then add into the fact that he is pretty injury prone....

I don't know why but Chandler seems like the tough Piston defensive player to me....

As to Peja, yea you pay alot for him but you get a top 10 center in the leauge pretty dang cheap.

Stuckey/Rip/Prince/Johnson/Chandler is one of the best starting line-ups in the league and have affalao/Peja/Sheed/Dice coming off of the bench.....pretty dang good team.

I dono, I just don't see the reasoning behind nixing the trade due to Pejas contract or the possibility of signing Boozer.

Maybe you could try and swing Peja to a 3rd team or find a way to take him out of the deal due to the fact that he is probably worth more to NO than majority of the teams in the leauge.....

Wrong. I don't care about Boozer. My point is. Peja kills any future possibility. And he SUX i wouldn't want him for the MLE imagine for the money he is making.

Want another possibility? NO is in the Luxury next season. Detroit might nab Chandler cheap like LAC did with Camby. Or another deal like that might appear. Peja kills all and any possibility of good trades/FA or anything for the next 3 years. And at the top of that HE SUX
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#32 » by princeofpalace » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:25 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
+ we give up Max.

There is absolutely zero offense from those bigmen so Detroit woudl still have no post scoring- that is something that they need. I love Chandler & Amir, but Detroit needs to pair him with a bigman that can play some offense. This is a bad deal for Detroit because of Peja and Peja will be very hard to move because of his terrible salary, you know Dumars typically doenst offer/take on bad salary I dont' know why hed make an exception for Peja. Boozer provides a different look for Detroit because he excels in the P&R, and has a jumper, having Chandler and Amir would be redudant.

If Detroit could grab Chandler and swing a Rip for Boozer deal than that would be much better option that pairing Tyson up with a Amir.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#33 » by CB-Blazer » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:49 pm

vege wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:
+ we give up Max.

Wrong. I don't care about Boozer. My point is. Peja kills any future possibility. And he SUX i wouldn't want him for the MLE imagine for the money he is making.

Want another possibility? NO is in the Luxury next season. Detroit might nab Chandler cheap like LAC did with Camby. Or another deal like that might appear. Peja kills all and any possibility of good trades/FA or anything for the next 3 years. And at the top of that HE SUX

There is NO WAY that you will get Chandler cheap like Camby, that is laughable that you would even suggest that.

Return to Trades and Transactions