CHI/PHX/CHAR/NY...Who Needs More (Phoenix EDIT)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

CHI/PHX/CHAR/NY...Who Needs More (Phoenix EDIT) 

Post#1 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:04 am

To Chicago
Amare Stoudamire, Jason Richardson, Nazr Mohammed, Jared Jefferies, Goran Dragic
From Chicago
Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Andres Nocioni, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, 2009 #1

Rose/Dragic
Richardson/Gordon
Deng/Sefalosha
Stoudamire/Noah
Noah/Mohammed

Why for the Bulls: They get Amare and don't give up Deng or Rose. They take on a TON of future salary though. But they replace Gordon at the 2 with Richardson and Jefferies/Mohammed expire when Noah needs to be extended. This team is kinda locked in for a few years but Rose doesn't need a raise until Richardson expires and Jefferies/Mohammed expire the same year Noah needs to be resigned.

To Phoenix
Drew Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Malik Rose, David Lee, Chicago #1 2009
From Phoenix:
Amare Stoudamire, Jason Richardson, Alando Tucker, Goran Dragic, Jared Dudley

Nash/Hinrich
Barbosa/Hinrich
Hill/Barnes
Lee/Thomas
O'Neal/Gooden

Why for Phoenix: They save A TON of long term salary and by 2010 they have very little salary commitments and Tyrus could be a starting level PF by then. Add to it they clear Richardson off the books and you have to assume Phoenix jumps at that savings. And they get bird rights and RFA to Lee, a perfect player next to Shaq.

Charlotte Out
Nazr Mohammed, Sean May
Charlotte In
Andres Nocioni, Alando Tucker

Felton/Augustin
Bell/Augustin
Wallace/Nocioni
Diaw/Howard
Okafor/Diop

Why for Charlotte: They take on a bigger salary commitment in terms of years for Nocioni, but he gives them the kinda of guy they want. Can play the 3 or 4 (as great insurance for Wallace), can shoot the three and is a Larry Brown type of guy. Charlotte is only three games out of eighth, maybe Nocioni can move them into the eight spot.

New York Out
Malik Rose, Jared Jefferies, David Lee
New York In
Larry Hughes, Sean May, Jared Dudley

Why for New York: The Knicks make a big deal where they risk the playoffs and making the team worse to get cap space for 2010. No one in this deal runs past that and they run a small ball lineup now.

EDIT: Trying to give Phoenix more
Togo
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: CHI/PHX/CHAR/NY...Who Needs More 

Post#2 » by Togo » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:06 am

Um, no.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,772

Re: CHI/PHX/CHAR/NY...Who Needs More 

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:07 am

Phoenix needs A LOT more...
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Re: CHI/PHX/CHAR/NY...Who Needs More (Phoenix EDIT) 

Post#4 » by jlove_26 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:04 am

Phoenix needs more, PLUS the fact that we ship out a PG, 2 SG, SF, PF we get back a PG and 4 PF's?

Yeah, that doesn't work.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#5 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:18 am

jlove_26 wrote:Phoenix needs more, PLUS the fact that we ship out a PG, 2 SG, SF, PF we get back a PG and 4 PF's?

Yeah, that doesn't work.

Holy crap on the positions. Basically Phoenix trades 1 G and 1 F/C from the rotation and takes back 1 G and 3 F/C for the rotation. Sorry, trading Jared Dudley+Goran Dragic+Alando Tucker and not getting back true SF isn't a concern when Phoenix still has Barnes and Hill at the 3. Its not like I trade their starting SF and they back Tyrus as their starting three.

And what is more? They get imense cap savings (something Sarver would want), Lee/Thomas (young prospects) and a first round pick. I mean if they want more than they shouldn't trade Amare but if they do, I HIGHLY doubt they get a better package than pure expiring deals+two young players+a first and a player of Hinrich caliber (starting level).
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:25 pm

:lol: There is no way NY move Lee for that crap. Hell I would take Jefferies over the three you
have incoming. NY is trying to move some cap to reup Lee. I don't think anyone wants Larry,
you can keep him.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.

Return to Trades and Transactions