2 Perfect Rap Trades

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Qdogg17
Junior
And1: 20

2 Perfect Rap Trades 

Post#1 » by Qdogg17 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:32 pm

Trade 1:

To Miami-
Jermaine O'Neal, Jamario Moon
To Toronto-
Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks, 2nd round pick(2010)

Trade 2:

To Sacramento-
Chris Bosh, Jason Kapono
To Toronto-
John Salmons, Brad Miller, Jason Thompson, 1st round pick(2009)

Roster:

C- Bargnani/Miller/Voskuhl
PF- Thompson/Humphries/Jawai
SF- Marion/Graham
SG- Salmons/Parker
PG- Calderon/Ukic/Banks

These trades give the Raps Thompson, who IMO, will be a good player in this league. We also get Salmons for 3 years, plus 17 mil in capspace in the offseason(re-sign Graham or Delfino, plus whoever) and 12 mil the season after.
We also get to tank for the remainder of the season. This gives us 2 good draft picks in the upcoming draft.

IMO, this is the perfect rebuilding plan.
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Re: 2 Perfect Rap Trades 

Post#2 » by endo » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:49 pm

Trade #1

Considering the way O'neil is playing of late, I don't see why Toronto should have to take on Banks salary. Especially considering that Marion could bolt this summer.

Trade #2:

Salmons did not want to play in Toronto so why trade for him now given that you're trading Bosh for "supposedly" wanting the same thing.

Thompson and Miller are nice pieces, but the only way I do a trade with Sac-town involving Bosh is where the Raps get Kevin Martin in return
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#3 » by flipside21 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:58 pm

Is there a Miller for '09 Capspace trade somewhere? If so - I'd make this. If not - I don't really see enough value.
whiterasta80
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#4 » by whiterasta80 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:18 pm

flipside, there is- but its for Marion. If the Heat keep on insisting on Banks in the O'Neal deal that's exactly what will happen.

In this trade scenario we've already taken Marion so I don't actually think there's a Miller for capspace deal (unless the Lakers get stupid and move Odom for him).
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#5 » by Scorpion King » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:39 pm

toronto should not take on that garbage know as banks if they trade bosh... if toronot takes on banks miami needs to take on kapono..... this way bad deal for bad deal... T.O. doesn't get screwed over.... jason thompson is nice but toronot can do much better.....

Return to Trades and Transactions