HOU/LAC: Baron Blasts Off

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

HOU/LAC: Baron Blasts Off 

Post#1 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 am

Hou out: Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier
Hou in: Baron Davis, Zach Randolph

LAC out: Baron Davis, Zach Randolph
LAC in: Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier

Why for Hou? They won't get any help from Tracy this year so Baron could really help them playoff time. He could play the PG or SG. They also get a very talented PF. A lineup of Alston, Davis, Artest, Randolph, Yao looks pretty competitive.

Why for LAC? They get an exp for their mistake in Davis and an excellent SF in Battier.

Concerns: Hou doesn't want to pay Davis and Randolph.
LAC gets too thin at the PG spot.

Trade ID: 5027644

Please no death threats.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,890

Re: HOU/LAC: Baron Blasts Off 

Post#2 » by ejftw » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:05 am

smh.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 am

Im sorry Im not too hip on the countless abbreviations.

YWHMO?

(you wanna help me out?)
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by KM44 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 am

I'm going to kill you because you said YWHMO.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 am

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Please no death threats.

:wavefinger:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 am

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Im sorry Im not too hip on the countless abbreviations.

YWHMO?

(you wanna help me out?)

Shake or shaking my head. That pretty much sums up this trade.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 am

Please shed some light.

Clips take a hit due to McGrady basically being done but the Rockets take a hit with losing Battier.

I just don't see the flaw.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:06 am

The Rockets take on a ton of salary for players who quite frankly aren't close to worth it. Now McGrady isn't close to being worth his contract, but at least he's expiring next year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 am

Well I guess this is purely based on if the Rockets want to win right now.

Artest isn't getting younger, neither is Yao, they're too old to let Tracy exp and start over.

I think they do this and keep the window open a little longer.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#10 » by kombayn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 am

Baron Davis for Luther Head & Ron Artest and you have yourself a deal. No way the Clippers take on T-Mac unless they get a Future 1st Round Pick out of the deal.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#11 » by red96 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 pm

kombayn wrote:Baron Davis for Luther Head & Ron Artest and you have yourself a deal. No way the Clippers take on T-Mac unless they get a Future 1st Round Pick out of the deal.

Kombayn both Baron and Zach have negative value and you want us to add a pick + a talented expiring that is playing better than Baron? No way. And to the OP. Like I said earlier they both have negative value and Baron is just as injury pron as T-Mac. T-Mac wont play this year but if he was healthy it wouldnt help the Clips this year anyway. But if T-Mac was healthy no combination of players would get him on the LAC anyways. Its just because hes injured that makes this a thought. Period. If anything the LAC have sweeten the pot for HOU. Baron + Camby for T-Mac should do it. And the reason Ilike that is because we would still have the peices to get V.Carter. Without Carter I dont want nothing to do with Baron let alone the cancerous Z.R.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Post#12 » by Crackfool » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 pm

It would have to be more like Baron/Camby/1st for McGrady. Baron's contract is just that long and that bad. Clippers, on the other hand, get a nice contract that expires in 2010. They can let it expire and enjoy major cap relief, and they can deal it away at the 2010 deadline for practically whatever they want.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#13 » by SportsFan215 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Deal from Clips. I love that idea.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#14 » by RoxFan08 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Houston lols and asks if you are serious.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 pm

This is obviously a talent move, not a financial one. Honestly this is your best shot at a title before you have to completely start over. If your team doesn't try to win now, what is it doing? Waiting for a medical miracle and McGrady's clock to turn back 4 years?
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#16 » by SportsFan215 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 pm

How about B-Diddy/Z-Bo/'09 First from MIN via LAC (Top 10 Protected thru 2011) for McGrady/Alston?
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by red96 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:This is obviously a talent move, not a financial one. Honestly this is your best shot at a title before you have to completely start over. If your team doesn't try to win now, what is it doing? Waiting for a medical miracle and McGrady's clock to turn back 4 years?

No I think the glory days of T-Mac are over. I think he will come back like C-Webb did. Not a star but as an above average player. But his expiring is worth more than Baron and Z-Bo's negitive value. And it will be more valuable this offseason. I rather have players that contribute to a winning(and playoff) team than a team in the runnings for a Top 3 draft pick. How many teams have turned down LAC(Baron) in only 6 months into his contract?
SportsFan215 wrote:How about B-Diddy/Z-Bo/'09 First from MIN via LAC (Top 10 Protected thru 2011) for McGrady/Alston?
Better but I dont want Z-Bo anywhere near my team. He is a known overpaid cancer throughout the league. Find me 2 players in the league that have worst contracts than these 2. And you want to trade both of them and get good value? You act like they are important parts for a contending team or something. Like I said Z-Bo can rot in LA and Baron is not really usefull to use without another trade(Carter). And why do we need Z-Bo? We have Scola and Landry(for cheap, good fits, and no headaches) This trade is terrible for HOU.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by red96 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:35 pm

T-Mac for Camby+Baron is the best you will get from HOU. Maybe even a T-Mac + Alston for Camby + Baron + (cheap, short)filler. If you dont think that is enough for your superstars, take 1 of the many great offers the LAC are geting from around the league for Baron. :)
-baki "the Rockets fan"
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by red96 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Scratch that Alston trade. Oh well.
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to Trades and Transactions