GS & TOR - Crawford gets out of town

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: GS & TOR - Crawford gets out of town 

Post#21 » by old rem » Wed Apr 1, 2009 8:09 pm

TiKusDom wrote:
old rem wrote:
There is no $8 million. GSW "saves" 3.8 mill in salary..total plus the $3 dump fee. If we want to be a waste dump we could get a better payoff. I don't consider spending over $15 mill on a couple of DNP guys,and wasting roster spots any gain.

3.8million savings + 3 million in cash = net gain of 6.8 million , lets round up to 7 million ooh big difference from 8 million

It's still under $4 mill for each year saved and at $4 nill per I'd rather have Craw available and that extra roster spot than 2 bench bunnies who only suit up half the time. We put Craw in and maybe get a 30 pt game. That's worth it. That other roster spot..might be another Morrow we discover. It's really a VERY easy no. Trading Crawford for a zero like Kenny Thomas would be better than this.
CENSORED... No comment.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#22 » by yehyeh82 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 1:46 am

Do you guys actually think Warrior fans care if Cohan can get $3M for his pockets? Hahaha. I just don't get what's so hard to realize that as bad as Nelliee wants to get rid of Crawford, he is not going to trade him for Marcus Williams type talent so that they can sit on the bench in a suit. He is going to find some kind of value or sit on him, like he did with Al Harrington. Getting Craw for Al is a lot better than Marcus frickin' Banks. Good Lord.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:16 am

St.Nick wrote:Crawford, even unwanted as he may be in GS, is worth way more than those guys.

Pass on the deal.

Yeah even Crawford is worth more then 2 overpriced role players and one of which who has had major surgery and missed 30+ games this year.

Toronto would do the deal if it was this cheap. Toronto fans need to realize Golden State is not trading a productive player for their system for trash to save a few million dollars. I mean why the **** would they?
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#24 » by giberish » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:45 am

This is much more fair than most posters are claiming. Humphries is being underrated and Crawford overrated. The catch is that GS really doesn't need to save salary the next two years - in fact they can add some while staying under the lux tax. And GS draws enough fans even when they suck to afford to pay up to the lux tax. What GS needs to do is reduce salary post 2011 to clear room to comfortably resign Wright/Randolf.

This deal is best made into a 3-team deal with NO.

GS trades: Crawford, Maggs for Daniels, Peja NO 1st
Tor trades: Banks, Humphries, Cash for Crawford
NO trades: Daniels, Peja 09 1st for Banks, Humphries, Maggs, Cash

For Toronto it's the same deal. For NO, they save ~$4M in salary immediately (more counting the pick) and add depth (Humhpries is a big improvement at backup PF for them). They take on long-term salary but there has to be some cost to staying competative while saving money now.

For GS, Daniels is a better PG than Crawford - and as GS doesn't need Craw at SG at all a better player for the team. Peja is a better team player than Maggs, both on offense and defense. And while Peja is overpaid the next two years, his contract won't be a long-term problem for GS. The pick doesn't look to be that useful, but might be filler in another deal.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#25 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:47 am

GSW say no easy
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
old rem
RealGM

Post#26 » by old rem » Thu Apr 2, 2009 4:17 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:GSW say no easy

This time we agree.
CENSORED... No comment.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#27 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 4:24 am

surprise eh, Crawford is a hard player to move because he can score but yet his coach doesnt want him and he has 3 years left. Its difficult for him to go to toronto it would need a 3rd team sending something of value either expiring or a prospect or late pick for crawford because he isnt worth a lottery pick for sure and hes worth more than banks+kapono
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#28 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 4:43 am

Toronto says yes and runs with this, great deal and Toronto takes it in seconds.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#29 » by turk3d » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:30 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:surprise eh, Crawford is a hard player to move because he can score but yet his coach doesnt want him and he has 3 years left. Its difficult for him to go to toronto it would need a 3rd team sending something of value either expiring or a prospect or late pick for crawford because he isnt worth a lottery pick for sure and hes worth more than banks+kapono

Craw only has two years left.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#30 » by don nelson » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:42 am

old rem wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:GSW say no easy

This time we agree.

+2.

Crawford expires in 2011 which means he only has 2 seasons left. I would rather keep Crawford who's owed $20 million than trade for Peja whose contract pays him almost $30 million.
Mufasa_BenLinus
Senior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by Mufasa_BenLinus » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:45 am

As a Raps fan I turn this down

I hate Crawford that much
Ettore Messina says all he needs is a point guard, a defensive stopper, a scorer, and a center.

Raptors draft board:
Ricky Rubio (the PG)
Gerald Henderson (the defensive stopper)
Hasheem Thabeet (the center)

It's time to fill the holes
old rem
RealGM

Post#32 » by old rem » Thu Apr 2, 2009 9:54 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:surprise eh, Crawford is a hard player to move because he can score but yet his coach doesnt want him and he has 3 years left. Its difficult for him to go to toronto it would need a 3rd team sending something of value either expiring or a prospect or late pick for crawford because he isnt worth a lottery pick for sure and hes worth more than banks+kapono

he has 2 yr left and his coach likes him enough to play him 30 min a game ( unlike Banks + Hump) and likes him enough to tell him the truth which is he's a lot of $ for a guy who won't start here.

You are correct. He's not worth a lotto or a star. He is a guy good enough to start on 3 different NBA teams most of his time with those teams and that is better than being a guy who never started for any team unless the team bus caught fire .

Most always started>>>>Mostly never started. Mostly never started X 2 may be worth less than mostly never started. We'd be happy with Started sometimes, if the guy ain't another damn SG.

The guy tends to score 20,get 5-6 assists and he's a good guy. He's not much on D...especially in our "SYSTEM" which has 4 undersize guys chase around trying to double team everyone while leaving nobody open. The tall guy, then blocks the shot when plan A fails.

By next deadline I want us to trade one of JacksonMaggetteCrawford for a badass Rebounding wide body or a decent PF/C. An old School passing PG would be good if he's mid size and good on d.

I don't BUY the notion that nobody has a use for a shooting guard who shoots (or a SF) since that's their JOB. You get bigs to block and board and point Gs to dribble and pass and wings to run and score. Score 20>> score 12 ....so the score 20 guy gets paid more since theres a supply and demand thing. We don't NEED 5-6 wings who can score 20...so we're receptive to MUTUALLY beneficial offers. It's not so complex.

Toronto needs wings, but Toronto's big trade chip, is TOO big of a trade chip (if signed) and if not signed..he's Pro-Rated,like a car battery that ALMOST makes it to the warranty. If Tor was to trade Bosh to team X and got back pieces good for GSW's needs...Tor can get a deal on a wing.

GSW has ...like 10 guys who avg at least 8 ppg. We are the NBA's young team. We don't have any deadweight,guys who are peaked out 3rd stringers. We have a couple of end of the roster PF's who may not make the cut next year but can make a team. Everyone else is pretty decent and has at least 5+ starts this year. That's why a Humphries or Kapono is a problem......they are no upgrade over the guys who are #12 and #13 on our depth chart now....and we have a lotto pick soon that pushes them lower.

So....that's how it is.
CENSORED... No comment.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#33 » by Avenger » Thu Apr 2, 2009 1:36 pm

this is way too much for Crawfull, like i proposed in the other thread, Kapono+Banks+2010 second rounder for Crawfull is a fair deal, that's better than nothing which is exactly what crawfull will get you
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#34 » by gswhoops » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:33 pm

Avenger wrote:this is way too much for Crawfull, like i proposed in the other thread, Kapono+Banks+2010 second rounder for Crawfull is a fair deal, that's better than nothing which is exactly what crawfull will get you

Actually, it's worse then nothing. We end up taking on MORE money and wasting a roster space for two 3rd stringers. We'd be better off parking Crawford on the bench for two years.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#35 » by Avenger » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:35 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Avenger wrote:this is way too much for Crawfull, like i proposed in the other thread, Kapono+Banks+2010 second rounder for Crawfull is a fair deal, that's better than nothing which is exactly what crawfull will get you

Actually, it's worse then nothing. We end up taking on MORE money and wasting a roster space for two 3rd stringers. We'd be better off parking Crawford on the bench for two years.

two small bad contracts are easier to move than one large one, that counts for something right? :D
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by gswhoops » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:42 pm

Avenger wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

two small bad contracts are easier to move than one large one, that counts for something right? :D

Maybe (although a productive $10M expiring shouldn't be difficult to move at all, which is what Crawford becomes in a year), but that's not enough for the Warriors to bite.

What about a Marcus Banks for Crawford deal, since the Raptors have enough cap space to absorb the difference in their salaries? We save a little cash, you guys get an upgrade for cheap. It's not a perfect solution for either team but it could be a fall-back plan in case BC strikes out in free agency and we can't find a better deal for Craw.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#37 » by Avenger » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:50 pm

gswhoops wrote:What about a Marcus Banks for Crawford deal, since the Raptors have enough cap space to absorb the difference in their salaries? We save a little cash, you guys get an upgrade for cheap. It's not a perfect solution for either team but it could be a fall-back plan in case BC strikes out in free agency and we can't find a better deal for Craw.

What about Krapono for Crawfull and Bellinelli. You guys save some money and i don't think Marco has a future with Golden State anyways
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by gswhoops » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:10 pm

Avenger wrote:
gswhoops wrote:What about a Marcus Banks for Crawford deal, since the Raptors have enough cap space to absorb the difference in their salaries? We save a little cash, you guys get an upgrade for cheap. It's not a perfect solution for either team but it could be a fall-back plan in case BC strikes out in free agency and we can't find a better deal for Craw.

What about Krapono for Crawfull and Bellinelli. You guys save some money and i don't think Marco has a future with Golden State anyways

I'd think about Kapono for Crawford as a plan Z, but the addition of Belinelli kills it. Beli's played well for us and he does have a future with the Warriors.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#39 » by Avenger » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:25 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Avenger wrote:

I'd think about Kapono for Crawford as a plan Z, but the addition of Belinelli kills it. Beli's played well for us and he does have a future with the Warriors.

i have a soft spot for Golden State and i follow them every now and then. I don't see how he can develop under the logjam that you guys have, Stephen Jackson, Corey Maggette, Monta Ellis, Azubuike and Morrow. You have to develop Brandan Wright and Randolph too, so you can't play Maggette at the 4 too much to get him his minutes.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by gswhoops » Thu Apr 2, 2009 5:32 pm

Avenger wrote:i have a soft spot for Golden State and i follow them every now and then. I don't see how he can develop under the logjam that you guys have, Stephen Jackson, Corey Maggette, Monta Ellis, Azubuike and Morrow. You have to develop Brandan Wright and Randolph too, so you can't play Maggette at the 4 too much to get him his minutes.

Well, Belinelli can play some PG (he gets spot minutes there), which helps. Plus, Maggette and Azubuike play the 3 pretty much exclusively, so they're really not an issue. Next year, it projects that Jackson will be our starting SG with Morrow and Belinelli splitting minutes as his backup, with Beli also maybe playing <5 mpg at point. I don't think it will be an issue.

Return to Trades and Transactions