Toronto-Philadelphia

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Toronto-Philadelphia 

Post#1 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:40 pm

Spell that right? But anyways can you Sixer fans tell me if this is fair value?
Toronto Sends:
Jose Calderon
Jason Kapono

Philly Sends:
Willie Green
Royal Ivey
09 First Rounder
Reggie Evans

Toronto can draft a point guard and they also have two capable back-ups at the point guard spot and they get an additional first rounder they could should use on Williams and get Willie Green as the new starter for the small forward, Evans can back up Bargnani and Bosh and be the 10th man in the rotation.

Philly gets outside shooting and they get someone to replace Andre Miller since they probably won't be able to keep him because of the luxury, or they can sign and trade him for a better option for the two guard. Kapono gives them something they needed since Korver left, three point shooting which can help them imensely.
michaelc204
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Re: Toronto-Philadelphia 

Post#2 » by michaelc204 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:27 pm

I'd rather have Calderon, seeing as he has experience, and we wont even know whos available for us in the draft.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#3 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:45 pm

no, calderon is worth more
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#4 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 2, 2009 4:49 pm

Calderon + Kapono = 14.4M next year
Evans + Green + Ivey = 9.6M

I certainly like the value for the Sixers, but the trade doesn't work financially.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#5 » by Foshan » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:53 pm

would it work if the sixers drafted someone for Tor, then traded them? or signed them and traded them 30 days later?

I like the value as a sixer fan, which means that the raptors can't, unless someone like Ty Lawson or Maynor is still available at 16... and if thats the case, i'll cry inside trading that pick.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#6 » by elitehunter99 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:20 pm

no, if im trading Calderon, it is for another point guard who plays D and gets into the paint...... say something like

Jose Calderon + Humphries
Sessions + Mbah Moute

Bargnani/Free agent (Etan Thomas, Rasho)
Bosh/Pops
Marion/Mbah Moute
09 pick/Delfino/Kapono
Sessions/Ukic

Sessions gives us D, someone who drives into the paint, Mbah Moute is similar to Marion, younger, athletic finisher, shotblocker, rebounder.. we could resign Delfino and have him play backup minutes at SG...
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 2, 2009 8:09 pm

Toronto says hell no to that deal with the addition of Pops I don't think we would really want to take on Evans at this price. Sure Reggie is a better rebounder then Pops but he is not worth moving Jose for.

How the hell is Willie Green a small forward? The guy is 6-3 inches tall he's a combo guard not a swing man. If we move Jose I would look elsewhere and try for Dre Miller this offseason
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#8 » by CB-Blazer » Thu Apr 2, 2009 8:13 pm

elitehunter99 wrote:no, if im trading Calderon, it is for another point guard who plays D and gets into the paint...... say something like

Jose Calderon + Humphries
Sessions + Mbah Moute

Bargnani/Free agent (Etan Thomas, Rasho)
Bosh/Pops
Marion/Mbah Moute
09 pick/Delfino/Kapono
Sessions/Ukic

Sessions gives us D, someone who drives into the paint, Mbah Moute is similar to Marion, younger, athletic finisher, shotblocker, rebounder.. we could resign Delfino and have him play backup minutes at SG...

Mil would be crazy to do that

Return to Trades and Transactions