Kings / Nets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Kings / Nets 

Post#21 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Carter is old, Nets won't compete for a ship while Carter is in his prime. Martin creates a future with lopez, Yi, Anderson and whatever PG they'd end up with.

But why in gods name would you trade AWAY a PG, for a comparable SG, when PGs are much harder to come by?

VC and Kevin Martin are relatively close in terms of effect on the game, ANY PG VC could nab wouldn't come close to getting a PG of Harris' caliber.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#22 » by KF10 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:From a Net's perspective, I would consider

Harris
Carter
Anderson

for

Martin
J.Thompson
K.Thomas (expirer)
Houston 2009 #1

NETS
#1 / Dooling
Martin / Hassell
CDR / Hayes / Simmons
J.Thompson / Yi / Najera
Lopez / Swat / Boone

KINGS
Harris / Urdih
Carter / Garcia
Nocioni / D.Greene
Griffin (?) / Anderson
Hawes

Nah, a Harris/Carter backcourt didn't succeed in New Jersey. Why would it succeed in Sacramento? And of course, the Kings wouldn't give their main player, their best rookie prospect, and a semi-large expiring for Harris and co. These types of deals are kinda unrealistic anyways.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#23 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:37 pm

"best rookie prospect"

haha, he doesn't have much competition now does he. :wink:
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#24 » by KF10 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:"best rookie prospect"

haha, he doesn't have much competition now does he. :wink:

haha

just trying to sweeten the pot. :lol:
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#25 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:47 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:Nah, a Harris/Carter backcourt didn't succeed in New Jersey. Why would it succeed in Sacramento? And of course, the Kings wouldn't give their main player, their best rookie prospect, and a semi-large expiring for Harris and co. These types of deals are kinda unrealistic anyways.

A Harris/Carter backcourt worked pretty well about half the season. But Harris was injured, and it's hard to rate the play of the backcourt when they had the worst frontcourt to work with. Their SF and PF position had the worst starters in the NBA, and while Lopez has been great, he's still a rookie who only started once Boone was injured.

Compare

Simmons
Yi
Lopez

to

Nocioni
Griffin
Hawes

and you can see why, Harris and VC might fare much better with that frontcourt.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#26 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Change the #24 to your first pick (if outside of the top 2) and the Nets would do it.

I'm fine with NJ not liking this deal, but if you really think Najera, Dooling and CDR would jump you to the #3 or #4 pick in the draft, you're insane.

Of course I don't, but I thought I would send an equally insulting offer back.

Even a more objective one such as

2009 NJ 1st (#10 or #11)
Ryan Anderson
GS #1 from M.Will deal

for

2009 Sacramento 1st (#3 on)

I don't think would be worth it for the Nets, since I really think this draft outside of Griffin and Rubio (if he declares) is a crapshoot and will not have many immediate impact players.

:roll:

Even though the draft, outside of Griffin/Rubio, is a serious drop after pick #2, I would think the #3 or #4 pick in the draft would have more value than that.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#27 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:43 pm

I suddenly want to trade for Stoudemire. It's a gamble but so was trading for Webber. I say we ship a package based around Thompson, Thomas, Hou pick for Amare.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#28 » by CB-Blazer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:I suddenly want to trade for Stoudemire. It's a gamble but so was trading for Webber. I say we ship a package based around Thompson, Thomas, Hou pick for Amare.

I think it will take a bit more than that. JT/expirings/SAC 1st and it gets done.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Haha funny, I thought I posted this on the Sac boards. Woops.

anyway I don't think our top 3 pick (I'm just assuming) would need to be included for HIGH flight risk in Amare. I was thinkin of buying low and hoping to resign him in year vs. buying high and for sure keeping him.

For kicks lets look at the lineup:

Rubio/Udrih
Martin/Mccants
Nocioni/Greene
Amare/Nocioni
Hawes/Amare

That looks promising to say the least.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#30 » by CB-Blazer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Bah, I was basing the SAC 1st on the assumption that Amare was resigned. You did not haha.....

JT/Expirings/Hou 1st for an unsigned Amare is good return for PHX
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#31 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:59 am

But Amare would never resign on a Kings team that is (most likely) going to finish with the worst record in the NBA...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#32 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:01 am

The original trade is kicked in the nuts on television bad for NJ.

Amare on the Kings is an interesting idea. He wants to be the man and get paid and with owners like the Maloofs he knows they will spend to try and make the Kings year in, year out contenders and even if Sacto had to give up their pick and Thompson they still have a lot of talent on the roster and a lot of youth, so he very well may have a lot of desire to resign. Phoenix would have to seriously look at that deal as well if they are gonna trade Amare.
Very interesting, especially if Rubio doesn't declare and the Kings are picking anywhere from 2nd overall and up.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#33 » by deviljets7 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:This is either going to be brilliant or terrible

Nets do this as a cost cutting move, since they can't move Vince Carter
Kings move up in the draft and get some on court filler.

Kenny Thomas (Expiring) & #24
for
Chris Douglas-Roberts(expiring), Keyon Dooling, E. Najera & #11

Who pulls the trigger?
Who passes?

Way too sweet of deal for SAC. Since Dooling has just a $500K buyout on his contract, he is not a bad contract. Saving $3 mil in 2010/11 isn't worth a very productive bench guard, a prospect and 13 picks in the first round.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:35 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:The original trade is kicked in the nuts on television bad for NJ.

Amare on the Kings is an interesting idea. He wants to be the man and get paid and with owners like the Maloofs he knows they will spend to try and make the Kings year in, year out contenders and even if Sacto had to give up their pick and Thompson they still have a lot of talent on the roster and a lot of youth, so he very well may have a lot of desire to resign. Phoenix would have to seriously look at that deal as well if they are gonna trade Amare.
Very interesting, especially if Rubio doesn't declare and the Kings are picking anywhere from 2nd overall and up.

Ya they said Webber wouldn't resign in Sac and look what happened with that. Amare would be a "KING" in Sacramento (no pun intended). He would be "the man" and the maloof's would treat him like royalty. Assuming my deal which does not involve our pick goes through, and the Kings draft Rubio, Martin, Rubio, Amare, Hawes is just a scary good, young team imo.

Return to Trades and Transactions