CLEV/WAS/TOR - If Cleveland doesn't win a title

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Re: CLEV/WAS/TOR - If Cleveland doesn't win a title 

Post#41 » by Worm Guts » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:43 pm

john2jer wrote:
Westfo3 wrote:
john2jer wrote:I never said Hickson wasn't a top recruit out of high school. I said nothing about high school. What I said was it was predicted he'd be a mid-late 1st round pick and ended up going 19th. Griffin was slated in the top 5 last year had he come out. Griffin stayed in school and answered a lot of questions. Hickson came out and answered none.

If you're 15 like Boobie suggests, I think America's future loses.

FInd me one link where Griffin would have been a top 5 pick in the 2008 draft.

Searched the draft forum, but it's tough to find anything there, especially since Griffin said early on he was going back. This isn't exactly a link, but it's a quote from Cammo who's considered one of the better posters on the draft.

Cammo101 wrote:
Pugsley_2491 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

wait he's deff coming back? cuz if he is im gonna be pissed i want him on the Nets and i just dont see us in position to get him next year.

Rumor is he will go back for one more year at Oklahoma, but nothing is official yet. If it makes you feel any better, the Nets are not in position to get Griffin this year either, as he is pretty likely a top 8 pick.

That was in March I believe, I lost the thread. About the same time Hickson was projected to go 25-35 before guys started pulling out of the draft.

Draft Express had Griffin at 7 most of last year.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bla ... t-history/
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#42 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Now that's nifty Worm Guts. I know I've seen legit mocks with him top 5, but the link from DX is the only thing I've seen recently about the 2008 mocks, I was going off memory. So 7th.

Now I'm not sure how accurate this is, or what they're saying here...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/J.J ... t-history/

The highest they had Hickson in 2008 was 24th, and I think they're saying he'd be 11th if he came out this year. So if that's the case, there we go.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#43 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Hickson would go higher this year since

a. He would be older and theoretically more polished
b. This draft is relatively weak. Griffin is the consensus #1, Rubio is the consensus #2 (assuming he's in) and after that it's a crap shoot with players like Monroe and Aminu not here. I could see Hickson top 10.

Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Derozen
Hill
Thabeet
Jennings
Evans

all arguably better prospects, but he JJ could really go anywheere in that mix after the first 2.
But IMO, a pick after 1 or 2 is the equivalent to its double in another draft (ex. #3 pick is a #6 pick in another year's draft)
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#44 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:56 pm

As for the original trade, I agree that Washington is getting an awful lot for a #2 pick that may or may not be Rubio, dumping Jamison's contract and dumping Stevenson's contract.

If it were Butler instead of Jamison, it gets warmer, and it were Thomas or an expirer instead of Stevenson that makes it better too.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Westfo3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Westfo3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Hickson would go higher this year since

a. He would be older and theoretically more polished
b. This draft is relatively weak. Griffin is the consensus #1, Rubio is the consensus #2 (assuming he's in) and after that it's a crap shoot with players like Monroe and Aminu not here. I could see Hickson top 10.

Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Derozen
Hill
Thabeet
Jennings
Evans

all arguably better prospects, but he JJ could really go anywheere in that mix after the first 2.
But IMO, a pick after 1 or 2 is the equivalent to its double in another draft (ex. #3 pick is a #6 pick in another year's draft)

Thanks, I think its fair to say Hickson would be the 2nd big took in the draft by far. Thabeet is nice but has alot of questions about his offence. So on how the balls fall hickson could go from 2-8 IMO. Rubio looks like he wont be in the draft and after that there isnt a solid guy after Griffin.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#46 » by EventHorizon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:46 am

It seems nate33 really wants Bosh. It's OK. Just give us fair value like 1st overall for Bosh, or 2nd overall and Young.

You will say Griffin is too much for a resigned Bosh, but yourself in our shoes, most people will say its fair.
Westfo3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#47 » by Westfo3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:52 am

Oh and about this trade. NO WAY IN HELL the cavs help the wiz land Bosh. First off all waz are scum bags and same with there fans. They are the cavs get out of the first round free pass and they think they belong with the upper part of the NBA when they have a roster full of fail and losers.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#48 » by miller31time » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:32 am

EventHorizon wrote:It seems nate33 really wants Bosh. It's OK. Just give us fair value like 1st overall for Bosh, or 2nd overall and Young.

You will say Griffin is too much for a resigned Bosh, but yourself in our shoes, most people will say its fair.

Most of my fellow Wizards fans wouldn't trade the 1st for Bosh, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one.

I think having Bosh being a complimentary player instead of "the man" would be great for him. His efficiency would rise and he could probably pay more attention to defense since he's not the focal point of the offense.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,327

Post#49 » by nate33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:14 pm

EventHorizon wrote:You will say Griffin is too much for a resigned Bosh, but yourself in our shoes, most people will say its fair.

Whether or not it's "fair" from Toronto's standpoint is irrelevant.

If the Wizards had a choice between Blake Griffin at $5M a year for 4 years, or Chris Bosh at $20M a year for 5 years, they're going to take Blake Griffin. It's that simple.

In this new, fiscally responsible era, any team who lands Griffin with the #1 pick is going to come to the same conclusion. Therefore, Bosh is not worth the #1, not unless Toronto absorbs a fair amount of filler contracts in the deal.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#50 » by The Duke » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:44 pm

The original deal.... Toronto easily reject...

Everything else in this thread is useless

Return to Trades and Transactions