Would you trade Bosh and 9th for Roy?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Would you trade Bosh and 9th for Roy?

YES
38%
NO
62%

Total votes: 149

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Re: Would you trade Bosh and 9th for Roy? 

Post#41 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
cosmostein wrote:Also moving Bargnani over to the PF spot would do nothing but create the same nightmare we had in 2005–06 season with endless debate about which scrub should start at center.

What's Eric Montross doing these days?

I try to make the exact same point whenever someone says we should trade Bosh for any shooting guard.

I think Eric is steering clear of baby gates,

Trading Bosh straight up for a SG, and also giving away our top ten pick pretty well means we will spend next season debating if Jawai has the size to play and start at the five, and spending days analyzing every aspect of our starting center Patrick O'Bryant's game.

Maybe Loren Woods is free? Or Aaron Williams.
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#42 » by mapko81 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Maybe Bosh being the best PF in the league is debatable... but he is the most VALUABLE PF in the league... Boston, Dallas and San Antonio would all rather have the 25 year old Bosh than Garnett, Nowitzki, Duncan... and Phoenix and the Lakers would trade Amare and Gasol, respectively, to get Bosh too
bipolar raptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by bipolar raptor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm

in a heartbeat...no shot in hell portland makes that trade though

pipe dreams once again
Apollo33
Pro Prospect

Post#44 » by Apollo33 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Blazers wouln't do it. They already have their C/F position filled anyway with Outlaw, Aldridge, Oden, Pryzbilla.
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#45 » by Mikestro » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Trax416 wrote:
Hendrix wrote:Yes. I think Roy's more well rounded as a player. Let's just say for arguments sake that Bosh's rebounding, and Roy's playmaking cancel each other out. If someone is a "scorer" and a franchise player then I want one that can be a go to guy at the end of games. Regardless of position.

Bosh
22.7, 10, 2.5 ,1 BPG, 1 SPG, on 1,263 shots

Roy
22.6, 4.7, 5.1, 0.3 BPG, 1 SPG, on 1,318 Shots

Bosh is averaging better or the same numbers in every single category save for one. Bosh is a **** PF, and is averaging overall better numbers then an all-star guard. Guards are suppose to average at least more PPG then PF's.

Bosh is also the more efficient scorer. As he took less shots to average more PPG. If he was taking 2 extra shots per game, since the start of the season, he could be averaging 24-25PPG

If I was Bosh, I would leave Toronto ASAP. How can Toronto fans be this stupid, and take Bosh for granted this much. Guess what, chances of us every getting another PF as good as Bosh on the Raptors is slim to none. Players like Bosh don't come around often.

+infinity

Thank you for bringing up actual numbers to back your opinion in comparison to the Bosh-haters here who base their opinions on absolutely nothing.

Some of ya'll are either ignorant or have no knowledge of basketball at all to not see that Bosh is worth keeping on this team. While I disagree that he is the BEST PF in the league, he is definitely in the top 3.

A part of me actually wants to see Bosh leave so that he comes back to drop huge numbers on us and makes everyone realize how great of a player he is.
hksazn
Sixth Man
And1: 36

Post#46 » by hksazn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 pm

no, not a chance
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#47 » by AfricanSensation » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:44 pm

So Bosh should leave because TO fans are stupid? Go to the main board with this same pool and see the results, we would be lucky if Bosh gets 3 votes.

I am one of those that think that Bosh is severely underrated and that just like Gasol now, would be getting much more respect had we drafted Roy or find a way to get a Joe Johnson. But I would still pick Roy over him, because I think that Bargs is pretty close to Lamarcus, and if that duo can win 50+ in the West, I would take my chance with a Roy-Bargs duo in the East. That’s just the way the league is right now, ball handlers are king. And if you can pair one with a solid big man, you can go a long way.

Here’s hoping that we draft Evans or Harden and that the pick turns into a stud.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#48 » by bballsparkin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Trax416 wrote:
Volcano wrote:Dirk is probably better than Bosh as well. Bosh is definitely not the best PF in the league.

Dirk averaged worse stats in every single catagory except for PPG this year. Dirk is also a much worse defender.

Bosh is a better player then Dirk.

He is arguably the best PF in the NBA right now. The only guy you could put above him is Tim Duncan when healthy, simply because of Duncans defense. If Bosh improves his defense, he is without question, without anyone close, the best PF in the NBA.

This year he was

-The only PF and one of only three players to average 20-10 for the season (23-10)
-Led the league in 30-10 games.
-Led all PF's in FTA/FTM and would have finished third in the number if it was not for missed games
-Was the only PLAYER in the NBA who was top 10 in PPG and top 10 in RPG.

People need to stop sleeping on Bosh.

Aside from points and rebounds their stats are practically identical. Add to this Dirk is playing on a team that is not garbage I disagree that Bosh has been better. And they both are lousy at defense.

08-09 TOR 77 77 38.0 0.487 0.245 0.817 10.0 rb 2.5 ast 0.9 stl 1.0 blk 22.7 pt

08-09 DAL 81 81 37.7 0.479 0.359 0.890 8.4 rb 2.4 ast 0.8 stl 0.8 blk 25.9 pt

mapko81 wrote:Maybe Bosh being the best PF in the league is debatable... but he is the most VALUABLE PF in the league... Boston, Dallas and San Antonio would all rather have the 25 year old Bosh than Garnett, Nowitzki, Duncan... and Phoenix and the Lakers would trade Amare and Gasol, respectively, to get Bosh too

this is a more realistic position. Although Al Jefferson is more valuable IMO as he has a much better contract. although I'm not sure about his injury concerns.

I wouldn't do the trade. adding the 9th is too much. and how happy would Roy be leaving Portland, a team on the rise to come to Tdot? Not happy at all me thinks.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#49 » by elitehunter99 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:30 pm

noooo, i would rather keep that 9th pick AND Bosh, and see who we draft before giving up the pick.

As my sig shows, Evans is my choice, and IMO has a good shot at being an above average starting SG in the NBA. Bottom line, again this is my opinion, a guy with Evans skills should average 12-15 ppg initially, and Bosh is a 20-10 guy. So why trade Bosh and Evans when both will likely have a combined higher scoring average than Roy, more impact (2 players > 1 player), better rebounding, and probably better D. The only edge Roy might have is his ability to make plays in crunch time...
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#50 » by bballsparkin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm

^^^I would be happy on draft night walking away with Evans. At worst I'd be stoked for 2 years as I think he will be good too.
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#51 » by jay632 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 pm

i would do it, the rule dosn't apply here, trading small for big. roy is more clutch, and he wins games. when the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh. Bosh can rebound and score, but still, in the clutch, can't depend on him. The fact on the final shot, we do not know who should take the final shot, that just shows bosh is not the one.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#52 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 pm

jay632 wrote:When the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh. Bosh can rebound and score, but still, in the clutch, can't depend on him.

Let me ask this, more of a general question.
If Bosh had Portland's supporting cast, and Roy had Toronto's support cast around them

Do you think Roy's numbers would still be as impressive?
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#53 » by Dennis P » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 pm

jay632 wrote:i would do it, the rule dosn't apply here, trading small for big. roy is more clutch, and he wins games. when the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh. Bosh can rebound and score, but still, in the clutch, can't depend on him. The fact on the final shot, we do not know who should take the final shot, that just shows bosh is not the one.

That's my belief too and this whole big for small thing only applies when you big plays like a big CV and CB4 are not prototypical bigs, they play as big SF's.

I think Roy is a guy that can close out games well and also makes his teammates better. Bosh is a special piece but hard to build around, you need a post presence next to him and someone in the backcourt who can get their own shot. That is just too much to ask right now. All we really have is draft picks to get it right...
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#54 » by Dennis P » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:58 pm

cosmostein wrote:
jay632 wrote:When the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh. Bosh can rebound and score, but still, in the clutch, can't depend on him.

Let me ask this, more of a general question.
If Bosh had Portland's supporting cast, and Roy had Toronto's support cast around them

Do you think Roy's numbers would still be as impressive?

Hard to say. I would think yes just because he has the ability to get others involved and not worry so much about his offense. He also makes those around him better.
O'DEAN_MAGNUM
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by O'DEAN_MAGNUM » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Dennis P wrote:Some of you need better reading comprehension skills I wasn't asking if you thought Portland would even consider the trade, I am simply asking if you are BC do you make that trade?

Roy is the player BC had a very good look at back in 2006, before picking Bargs

Having had the option to choose him outright, he passed on him then......so I'd don't see him all of a sudden having a change of heart so much that he'd go out and give the the teams best player/pick.

Yes Roy is the prototypical SG we've lacked since VC's departure, but I wouldn't give up a top 10 player just to fill a hole on the team.

lets say hypothetically we trade Bosh for Roy, it would just leave another glaring hole in our team, and we'd be left looking for scoring in the post. Look at Chicago, they've been looking for player like Bosh for years now, and still haven't been able to aquire one.

trading Bargs/9th for Roy might be a little more interesting, but as many mentioned, Portland has no interest in moving him.
Canadian Troops out of Afghanistan, NOW!
mappiah19
Analyst
And1: 1,139

Post#56 » by mappiah19 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 pm

elitehunter99 wrote:noooo, i would rather keep that 9th pick AND Bosh, and see who we draft before giving up the pick.

As my sig shows, Evans is my choice, and IMO has a good shot at being an above average starting SG in the NBA. Bottom line, again this is my opinion, a guy with Evans skills should average 12-15 ppg initially, and Bosh is a 20-10 guy. So why trade Bosh and Evans when both will likely have a combined higher scoring average than Roy, more impact (2 players > 1 player), better rebounding, and probably better D. The only edge Roy might have is his ability to make plays in crunch time...

+ A million. People don't realize that Evans is a solid rebounder and is quite good on D. I really hope Bosh pushes BC to draft Evans.

It would be nice for Philly native Alvin Williams to join the Raptors staff and possibly mentor his fellow hometown boi Tyreke. I am pretty sure Tyreke knows Alvin and would definitely give him his utmost respect.
O'DEAN_MAGNUM
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by O'DEAN_MAGNUM » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 pm

jay632 wrote:roy is more clutch, and he wins games. when the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh.

you mean you'd rather have the ball in the hands of a guard than a big in the final minutes! :D

no offense, but duuuhhh!

guards are always given the ball in crunch time! but since TJ left, our guards suck, can't create for themselves or others so the Raps are forced to give Bosh the ball, a role he is not really suited for.
Canadian Troops out of Afghanistan, NOW!
mappiah19
Analyst

Post#58 » by mappiah19 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:29 pm

AfricanSensation wrote:So Bosh should leave because TO fans are stupid? Go to the main board with this same pool and see the results, we would be lucky if Bosh gets 3 votes.

I am one of those that think that Bosh is severely underrated and that just like Gasol now, would be getting much more respect had we drafted Roy or find a way to get a Joe Johnson. But I would still pick Roy over him, because I think that Bargs is pretty close to Lamarcus, and if that duo can win 50+ in the West, I would take my chance with a Roy-Bargs duo in the East. That’s just the way the league is right now, ball handlers are king. And if you can pair one with a solid big man, you can go a long way.

Here’s hoping that we draft Evans or Harden and that the pick turns into a stud.

This is why I want Evans over DeRozan anyday because he is a dynamic ball handler. We don't need the two scoring punch inside because it is not effective as an inside(PF)-Outside(SG/PG) combination.

If Raptors draft Evans, watch out for the Bosh/Evans dynamic duo. Evans ability to penetrate will create plentiful of easy opportunities for Bosh to just cut and get easy dunks/layups.
mappiah19
Analyst

Post#59 » by mappiah19 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 pm

O'DEAN_MAGNUM wrote:
jay632 wrote:roy is more clutch, and he wins games. when the game is on the line, i rather have roy have the ball then bosh.

you mean you'd rather have the ball in the hands of a guard than a big in the final minutes! :D

no offense, but duuuhhh!

guards are always given the ball in crunch time! but since TJ left, our guards suck, can't create for themselves or others so the Raps are forced to give Bosh the ball, a role he is not really suited for.

Good point. Yet so many posters forget the need for the Raptors to have a guard who can create a shot out of nothing with 10 seconds to go.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#60 » by Dennis P » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:39 pm

O'DEAN_MAGNUM wrote:
Dennis P wrote:Some of you need better reading comprehension skills I wasn't asking if you thought Portland would even consider the trade, I am simply asking if you are BC do you make that trade?

Roy is the player BC had a very good look at back in 2006, before picking Bargs

Having had the option to choose him outright, he passed on him then......so I'd don't see him all of a sudden having a change of heart so much that he'd go out and give the the teams best player/pick.

Yes Roy is the prototypical SG we've lacked since VC's departure, but I wouldn't give up a top 10 player just to fill a hole on the team.

lets say hypothetically we trade Bosh for Roy, it would just leave another glaring hole in our team, and we'd be left looking for scoring in the post. Look at Chicago, they've been looking for player like Bosh for years now, and still haven't been able to aquire one.

trading Bargs/9th for Roy might be a little more interesting, but as many mentioned, Portland has no interest in moving him.

What I'm trying to weigh is Roy's value to Bosh's. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN I know but putting everything aside(ego included) if you were BC would you do it?

We had a chance to draft Iggy or Granger and selected Hoffa, you don't think the GM would swallow his pride and acquire one of these two for hoffa and a pick? of course these are different circumstances but you will see why ego can't factor in.

And stop kidding yourself Bosh does NOT score in the post; he draws fouls with his quickness but he rarely operates in the post.

Return to Trades and Transactions