May not be enough, but a better Utah/Det/GS deal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

May not be enough, but a better Utah/Det/GS deal 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Sat May 9, 2009 6:52 pm

This was edite from a GS/Utah deal which didn't get much traction. Detroit has now been added to the deal.

Trade 1AK + Harpring + #1 pick for Crawford + Maggette + Wright (makes sense for Warriors is they get AK).
Good deal for Utah (Wright >> anything Utah's draft pick). Wright gives Utah some additional youth with promise at the 4 spot and takes the pressure off them to have to resign Boozer. We get an additional pick and help to relieve the logjam at the 4 position if we acquire AK.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5068646

AK + Harpring = Maggette/Crawford
Wright > Utah pick.

Seems to be pretty reasonable and would work on trade checker. May need to be tweaked a little to satisfy Utah.

Williams/Price/Crawford
Crawford/Brewer/Miles
Maggette/Korver/Almond
Milsap/Wright/Fesenko
Okur/Collins/Koufos

Trade 2:
Detroit Trades Hamilton to Utah for Boozer.
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5068835
This would require Boozer's permission to complete.
Detroit could sign Rasheed to as an inexpensive backup which would get them back in contention. It's possible that Crawford could be swung over to Detroit to replace Rip (if necessary). That would be a decision to be made by Utah and Detroit and would hence require another player or players to be added.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Utah/GS AK47 another version 

Post#2 » by Telfaire » Sat May 9, 2009 7:03 pm

I think taking both Crawford and Maggette might be too much for Sloan to handle...but OTOH, Crawford could be gone in a year.
turk3d
RealGM

Re: May not be enough, but a better Utah/Det/GS deal 

Post#3 » by turk3d » Sat May 9, 2009 9:22 pm

Changed name of post.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#4 » by RTM » Sat May 9, 2009 9:29 pm

Again, DET has no incentive to trade Rip for Boozer unless we get Brewer back (we'd include more), or we REALLY love Ben Gordon.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#5 » by vege » Sat May 9, 2009 10:00 pm

RiP for Boozer is dumb for Detroit. We can get Boozer for free so why the hell give up RiP or anything to get Boozer?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 9, 2009 10:59 pm

vege wrote:RiP for Boozer is dumb for Detroit. We can get Boozer for free so why the hell give up RiP or anything to get Boozer?

The Jazz can give Boozer 10% increases on his salary, no other team can. If he wants that and Detroit really wants to have Boozer then there is going to be a sign and trade, and if Detroit is not going to give us anything we will find a team that will. Don't fool yourself thinking you can get him without giving anything up, the Jazz have the advantage in any negotiations because we can give him a better salary and do a S+T to whatever team he wants to play for and we can get the best value from. If it is not Detroit, so be it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 am

Harpering's career is pretty near done and AK is vastly overpaid and at best..unreliable. This is GSW boosting a West Rival for the future with the only gain being several years down the line when AK expires sooner than Maggette. All togather....may be worth the downgrades if Wright isn't involved or if
Utah replaced Harpering with Millsap. I consider it to the Warriors advantage that Utah is stuck with AK a couple more years. We get them out of that, give them wing scorers and a real promising PF? Pretty stupid.
CENSORED... No comment.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#8 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 am

Harpring's career is indeed over. He's still valuable as an expiring though.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Post#9 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun May 10, 2009 5:15 am

babyjax13 wrote:
vege wrote:RiP for Boozer is dumb for Detroit. We can get Boozer for free so why the hell give up RiP or anything to get Boozer?

The Jazz can give Boozer 10% increases on his salary, no other team can. If he wants that and Detroit really wants to have Boozer then there is going to be a sign and trade, and if Detroit is not going to give us anything we will find a team that will. Don't fool yourself thinking you can get him without giving anything up, the Jazz have the advantage in any negotiations because we can give him a better salary and do a S+T to whatever team he wants to play for and we can get the best value from. If it is not Detroit, so be it.

But... we really don't want Boozer that much. If he wants a huge increase in salary then he can stay in Utah.

And what if Boozer calls your bluff and we don't want him enough? You're not going to get Dumars to overpay Boozer, regardless of how much he wants him. You'll end up signing him to a contract you don't want at a price too high.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#10 » by azwfan » Sun May 10, 2009 5:50 am

Why does Wright and Detroit need to be involved. Toronto seems to want Crawford, and Utah Maggette.

AK to the W's
Maggette + crap Toronto wants to give us to the Jazz
Crawford to the Raptors.

Everyone is happy.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#11 » by don nelson » Sun May 10, 2009 2:32 pm

azwfan wrote:Why does Wright and Detroit need to be involved. Toronto seems to want Crawford, and Utah Maggette.

AK to the W's
Crawford to the Raptors.

Everyone is happy.

+1
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#12 » by vege » Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

The Jazz have 0 advantage over him. Nobody will give him a big contract so the Jazz 10% raises means nothing since he will get a deal no where near the max.

If Detroit wants to sign Boozer they offer him a contract and that's it. They won't give up **** for him.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#13 » by turk3d » Sun May 10, 2009 3:33 pm

You guys need to recognize that it's really in Boozer's court (in terms of who he plays with). The only advantage that Utah has is a S & T but I don't think they're going to likely be giving him more money. The best he can hope for is an extension imo, but I doubt it will be much more than what he's currently making per season (due to his recent injury history and Utah's cap problems). The thing a S & T does is allow Utah to bring back a valued player in return (which a player such as Hamilton could be). It also facilitates a trade somewhere that would be attractive to Boozer.

Boozer (with just one year remaining) will be looking for some security (which and extension would provide) and with the existing economy and his current stock having gone down might very well be willing to settle for something like a 3 year 36 Mil deal if he feels he's going to be in better circumstances. Of course he'd prefer more, but I am not sure if he'll be able to get it from anyone. Sure, Detroit will have the cap space to sign him outright, but is that the move they really want to make? They could try and sign Bosh or Amare instead. Who would you rather have, Bosh, Amare or Boozer?

It also will be determined by how bad Detroit wants to keep Rip. There's been rumors since last offseason that Dumars wants to move him (as well as Prince) and he's already moved Billups (who probably was the best of the 3). It's really up to Dumars. If he wants to rebuild, who does he want to rebuild with? That's the question. Maybe he wants to cut salary and if so, he doesn't get anyone, takes a hit for a year or two and gets a young stud out of the draft and builds a team revolving around him, holds onto his cap space and at some point makes a move for a superstar. Detroit fans, what is Joe really planning, do you even know? He seems to keep things pretty close to the cuff when it comes what he's planning to do.

These trade ideas are just ideas and there's a lot of factors involved here. Boozer just seems as though he'd be a nice fit in Detroit to me, that is for the right price (one thing about Dumars, I'm pretty sure he won't be overpaying). Now in the state of the economy we're in, I don't see guys getting big money thrown at them too readily (as we've seen in the past) as fiscal responsibility seems to have become one of the top priorities for most GMs and owners.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by old rem » Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 pm

don nelson wrote:
azwfan wrote:Why does Wright and Detroit need to be involved. Toronto seems to want Crawford, and Utah Maggette.

AK to the W's
Crawford to the Raptors.

Everyone is happy.

+1

I would at least say...sucks less. I suspect we'll regret getting AK,but at least he's not here long. I guess as a backup tweener F we can play him when he seems focused and park him when he's apathetic. The good part is with Wright and our pick not sacraficed we can get a REBOUNDER...which AK isn't any more.
CENSORED... No comment.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#15 » by azwfan » Sun May 10, 2009 4:44 pm

old rem wrote:
don nelson wrote:

AK to the W's
Crawford to the Raptors.

Everyone is happy.

+1

I would at least say...sucks less. I suspect we'll regret getting AK,but at least he's not here long. I guess as a backup tweener F we can play him when he seems focused and park him when he's apathetic. The good part is with Wright and our pick not sacraficed we can get a REBOUNDER...which AK isn't any more.

This is true. I'd prefer getting Marion in a S&T for some of our reduncancy, but in the end i'd still make this trade. Having AK come off the bench to play 20 mpg or so would not be terrible. Worst case his contract ends in a 2 yrs (i think) and we'll have 17 million in capspace to waste on more redundant talent.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Trades and Transactions