CHA-POR-IND

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

CHA-POR-IND 

Post#1 » by Telfaire » Sat May 9, 2009 8:48 pm

Pacers trade Tinsley, Rush for Mohammed, Outlaw - dump Tinsley, clear logjam at SG. Get a backup center and a 6th man in Outlaw.

Bobcats trade Wallace, Mohammed for Rush, Webster, 10 million dollars TPE - save lots of money, get their two wing players for the future.

Blazers trade Webster, Outlaw for Wallace, Tinsley - get their starting PG and SF while keeping Bayless and Batum for the future. Also keep Blake as backup PG, unless they want to sign a banger (if they wont draft one). This trade will eat about 6.5 million of Portland's capsapce.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Re: CHA-POR-IND 

Post#2 » by Billy » Sat May 9, 2009 8:49 pm

Tinsley as a starting PG is quite stretch. While the Blazers may be far enough ahead of the old Jail Blazer days to take on a player of questionable character, Tinsley's behavior isn't questionable, but rather downright atrocious.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#3 » by JD45 » Sat May 9, 2009 11:06 pm

Billy wrote:Tinsley as a starting PG is quite stretch. While the Blazers may be far enough ahead of the old Jail Blazer days to take on a player of questionable character, Tinsley's behavior isn't questionable, but rather downright atrocious.

Yah, I can't see any chance the Blazers actually take Tinsley. They might be willing to take his contract and waive him if it allowed them to get a player they badly wanted.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#4 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat May 9, 2009 11:13 pm

Billy wrote:Tinsley as a starting PG is quite stretch. While the Blazers may be far enough ahead of the old Jail Blazer days to take on a player of questionable character, Tinsley's behavior isn't questionable, but rather downright atrocious.

I understand you not wanting Tinsley, but he is definitely a starting PG.

Also, this deal is turrible for the Pacers, not going to happen. We don't have a logjam at SG, in all likelihood we will let Daniels' go. We might try to sign him at a cheaper price, but whatever happens, Brandon Rush is our starting SG next year.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#5 » by CB-Blazer » Sat May 9, 2009 11:20 pm

I would do this from Portland in a heartbeat.

But I don't see either of the other two teams doing it. Rush won't be used to dump tinsley and Wallace > Outlaw/Rush.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 9, 2009 11:57 pm

Take out the Rush for Outlaw part and it's fine for Indy.

Plus, I'm sure if Portland is eating up a lot of salary in Gerald Wallace, and then taking on Tinsley (who we all know for many reasons they don't want, and rightly so), they'd rather hold onto Travis Outlaw as well.

Indy would do Tinsley for Mohammed. You could work that in somehow.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:10 am

The Pacers will not trade Rush just to move Tinsley! There's not a log jam at SG Rush will start, Daniels is gone maybe gonna resign Graham and Dunleavy proble won't play til jan 2010.
August Us Seazr
Pro Prospect
And1: 0
Location: Somebody tell me something really funny. I NEED a good laugh!

Post#8 » by August Us Seazr » Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 am

Rush = No Traction in Charlotte.

See previous stint of his brother, Kareem, with the Bobcats.

Deal shot down with a howitzer from the Bobcats!

Nuff said.
In loving memory of Barbara Hickman Taylor 07/20/1955-11/27/2010. Rest in Peace Sweet Lady!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#9 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:00 am

Excuse me but Brandon is way better than Kareem! And Kareem wasn't that bad, but Brandon is gonna be a stud!
chatard5
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#10 » by chatard5 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:

I understand you not wanting Tinsley, but he is definitely a starting PG.

Also, this deal is turrible for the Pacers, not going to happen. We don't have a logjam at SG, in all likelihood we will let Daniels' go. We might try to sign him at a cheaper price, but whatever happens, Brandon Rush is our starting SG next year.

Was going to say the exact same thing. Tinsley is definitely a good PG and can start. He just wore out his welcome in Indy.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#11 » by spectre_ » Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Excuse me but Brandon is way better than Kareem! And Kareem wasn't that bad, but Brandon is gonna be a stud!

Crash is already a stud...and we need to win NOW.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony

Return to Trades and Transactions