Yao for Chris Bosh

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KingLeoric
Banned User
And1: 0

Yao for Chris Bosh 

Post#1 » by KingLeoric » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Straight up. The salaries work. Both expire after 2009-2010 with ETO's.

Toronto has probably the largest Chinese community in North America. Bosh is from Texas and would feel relatively at home in Houston (yes I know Dallas is far from Houston but it is sure as hell of a lot closer than Toronto). Bosh is rumored to be disgruntled in Toronto.

Talentwise, it's close, I think Yao makes a higher impact on the game, but he is an injury risk.

Assume that the Rockets can subsequently find a big stiff to "do the dirty work" and the Raptors slide Bargnani to PF.

Yes I know Yao is a cash cow, suppose that didn't matter.

Comments?
tradedmascot_14
Senior

Re: Yao for Chris Bosh 

Post#2 » by tradedmascot_14 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 pm

I've heard much worse trade proposals than this one. As far as salaries and actual impact it's not bad, but I am pretty sure it is not the direction the Raptors want to go in. Yao can't have much longer left on those tree trunks and the Raptors are too far away from contending so this definately wouldn't put them over the top, but it would give them a chance to see how Bargs does with all those PF minutes. Bottom line: Raptors would much rather trade for potential than immediate impact. I would probably say no.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#3 » by john2jer » Mon May 11, 2009 9:50 pm

As a Wolves fan I'd do it just so Al Jefferson can start at center for the West in the all-star game. ;-) Or at the very least make the roster.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
tradedmascot_14
Senior

Post#4 » by tradedmascot_14 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 pm

john2jer wrote:As a Wolves fan I'd do it just so Al Jefferson can start at center for the West in the all-star game. ;-) Or at the very least make the roster.

Nice :lol:
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#5 » by Agenda42 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:39 pm

The Rockets almost certainly decline for non-basketball reasons.

Anyway, Yao would veto the trade.
gurkang
Freshman

Post#6 » by gurkang » Mon May 11, 2009 10:53 pm

I would love it from the Raps perspective but I doubt HOU would agree
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am

KingLeoric wrote:Toronto has probably the largest Chinese community in North America.

You are aware that Houston is a city of 4-5 million people with one of the most diverse populations in the nation, right? It's not like Yao, Ye and his parents are the only Chinese people in the city. and even if so, if that was the biggest driving factor then that's a pretty close-minded way to look at things. By your reasoning Pau Gasol should only play in cities with a large Spanish (not hispanic) population, and all Cuban players should be sent immediately to Miami.

Of course, it also shows a lack of knowledge of current happenings in the business world, as well as the shape of things to come. Houston is probably more closely tied to China at this point than any city in this hemisphere. No - it has nothing to do with Yao, but rather two major economic powers finding a fit. For those who don't know, Houston has one of the largest ports in North America, and it has an associated petrochemical community that is simply grand in scale. One of the biggest blocks of business comes from China. For one thing, the majority of oil that China buys from Venezuela is processed here (neither China nor even Venezuela have the capability to mass-refine heavy South American Crude) and they are major players in the TOPS project off of Freeport, TX. One of the biggest driving factors in their massive expansion of the Panama Canal Zone is so that they can have more immediate access to the Port of Houston and the associated refineries. Houston is easily the most business-friendly major city in North America, and the Chinese have picked up on that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is quite the Chinese presence here in Houston as well.

Oh, and we're also OK with our Power Forwards with Scola & Landry (tho we may have to ship out Scola to whichever NBA city has the highest Argentinian population).
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#8 » by Young_Star11 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:52 am

We need the center. Bosh is a PF.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#9 » by Scorpion King » Tue May 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Actually San Franciso ( Warriors ) have the biggest Asian population in North America Followed by Los Angeles, Toronto, New York and Chicago....

r there any asians in houston ? poor yao must feel out of place with white, black and hispanics....

Back to this trade neither team does this trade... both of them are too valuable for their teams to be traded....

Return to Trades and Transactions