KINGS - RAPTORS [BLOCKBUSTER]

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: KINGS - RAPTORS [BLOCKBUSTER] 

Post#21 » by Smills91 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Storm Surge wrote:KINGS TRADE - Kevin Martin, Beno Udrih

RAPTORS TRADE - Jose Calderon, expiring filler, #9

Now you may be getting somewhere.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#22 » by Assassin_1 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Smills91 wrote:
Storm Surge wrote:KINGS TRADE - Kevin Martin, Beno Udrih

RAPTORS TRADE - Jose Calderon, expiring filler, #9

Now you may be getting somewhere.

Yea getting further to no where.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#23 » by gswhoops » Tue May 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Scorpion King wrote:Kevin Martin - too weak and gets injured all the time stats are inflated because he plays on a bad team
Jason Thompson - good player but not all star potential especially in western conference
Beno Udrih - is worse than calderon in defence and has one of the worst contracts in NBA
Donte Greene - Unproven rookie

Andrea Bargnani - Good Player all star potential in eastern conference
Jose Calderon - Solid 20/8 guy and will improve his defence as he was injured a lot last season.... future all star material in east (maybe one as a reserve)
Jason Kapono - bad contract at least it ends two years before udrih... can play a pivotal role in a championship team a la Miami
# 9 pick - can be anyone from evans, to being traded for a star....

Therefore, Martin = Bargnani
Calderon < Thompson
Kapono > Udrih
# 9 >>>>>> Donte Green

This is a no from TO ....

Well, these are clearly unbiased and accurate judgments. Where to begin...

Martin is one of the most efficient wing scorers in the NBA, something Toronto NEEDS if they hope to keep Bosh past next year. He can't do much else, but he at least has that one rare skill that the Raps need desperately. I find it hilarious that you try to drag down his value by citing injury concerns, then cite the same injury concerns as a reason that Calderon will improve.

Speaking of Calderon, could you point me to the year in which he averaged 20/8? Because he's a career 14/8 guy and at age 27 he's unlikely to increase his scoring by 6 ppg without a horrible impact on his efficiency. He's a solid starting PG, but not ever likely to be an All-Star. I can't see him passing Rondo, Harris, Nelson or a healthy Arenas, and in the future he's also going to have to compete with guys like Stuckey and Augustin for the spot.

To compare Thompson and Bargnani is roughly fair. Currently Bargs has the edge because of his production late in the season and more unique skill set, but his year numbers are not that much more impressive then the ROOKIE JT. It's a stretch at all to say Thompson may be better then Bargnani in 2-3 years.

I agree that Kapono > Udrich just based on # of years left in contract.

Since you're going to dismiss Greene as an "unproven rookie," then I should remind you that the #9 pick is an even less proven rookie. The #9 is worth more then Greene for sure, but when you see the caliber of prospects potentially available, the gap is not as big as you make it seem.

So really, your chart should look more like this:

Martin >>>>> Calderon
Thompson < Bargnani
Udrich < Kapono
Greene << #9
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#24 » by RonaldArtest » Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 pm

gswhoops wrote: He's a solid starting PG, but not ever likely to be an All-Star. I can't see him passing Rondo, Harris, Nelson or a healthy Arenas, and in the future he's also going to have to compete with guys like Stuckey and Augustin for the spot.

Dont forget Rose!

C'mon Rap fans, lets not get (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Calderon 20 & 8? Hasn't happened. Martin too weak and has inflated stats? Well I for one would love to have his weak ass in Toronto averaging 10 FTA per game, 22-26 PPG and over a steal as well for good measure. He's their franchise guy right now, you wont get him for anything short of a package around Bosh.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#25 » by gswhoops » Tue May 12, 2009 3:29 pm

^^ How did I forget Rose? D'oh!
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#26 » by timdunkit » Tue May 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Scorpion King wrote:Kevin Martin - too weak and gets injured all the time stats are inflated because he plays on a bad team
Jason Thompson - good player but not all star potential especially in western conference
Beno Udrih - is worse than calderon in defence and has one of the worst contracts in NBA
Donte Greene - Unproven rookie

Andrea Bargnani - Good Player all star potential in eastern conference
Jose Calderon - Solid 20/8 guy and will improve his defence as he was injured a lot last season.... future all star material in east (maybe one as a reserve)
Jason Kapono - bad contract at least it ends two years before udrih... can play a pivotal role in a championship team a la Miami
# 9 pick - can be anyone from evans, to being traded for a star....

Therefore, Martin = Bargnani
Calderon < Thompson
Kapono > Udrih
# 9 >>>>>> Donte Green

This is a no from TO ....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#27 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Thats a pathetic trade for the Kings
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#28 » by Storm Surge » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Well obviously since homers from both teams say this trade is horrible for them it cancels out. Therefore this trade is even value for both teams.

Oh and Donte Greene was the 26th pick in the 1st round and considering he hasn't even played much this year for SAC the 9th pick has much much more value than Greene.

Martin>Bargnani
Thompson<Calderon
Udrih<Kapono
Greene<<#9

In terms of value TOR gives more than Kings do and this trade is definitely not pitiful for SAC.

Return to Trades and Transactions