Raptors Address Every Need (Bucks, Warriors, 76ers)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Raptors Address Every Need (Bucks, Warriors, 76ers) 

Post#1 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:08 am

Draft Day:

Raptors Trade:
Marcus Banks $4,553,793
Patrick O'Bryant $855,189 (Cut salary would be 300,000)
#22 bought with Cash (Jrue Holiday Hornets Pick) or earliest possible pick bought

Bucks Trade:
Luke Ridnour $6,500,000

Bucks save some money as POB would be cut and they get cap space in 2011 since a 2010 expiring does nothing for them as they would still be over the cap if they renounce Ridnour in 2010. This way they get a 2011 expiring where they have all cap space structured to expire so give them room for 2 max FA that season. Holiday gives them a young PG and this trade would hinge on the raptors buying a pick and trading its rights on draft day to the bucks.

Raptors get their backup PG who would be a great addition.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
July 1st Deal:

Raptors Trade:
S&T Shawn Marion $7,500,000 3 years

Warriors Trade:
Stephen Jackson $7,650,000

Warriors get the perfect rebounding SF to fit into their offense he would fit right into a uptempo system and they would save years on Jacksons deal. Ive seen some warrior fans agree to this and some not like it so its somewhere in between.

Raptors get their defender on the wing and add toughness something BC mentioned Jackson would fit right into this offense
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Raptors Trade:
Jason Kapono $6,212,960
Kris Humphries $2,900,000

76ers Trade:
Reggie Evans $4,960,000
Willie Green $3,682,000

Deal agreed upon by many on this board, 76ers get a shooter and a young PF to fill evans shoes

Raptors get toughness in Evans and a SG in Green who could provide more defense something Triano mentioned in his press conference today.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
- Sign Delfino 3.3 million
- Sign Rasho 1.2 million
- Resign Parker 1.65 million
- Draft Derozan
- Sign Sheldan Williams 1.2 million

Calderon/Ridnour/Roko
Delfino/Parker/Green
Jackson/Derozan
Bosh/Evans/Williams
Bargnani/Rasho/Jawai
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Re: Raptors Address Every Need (Bucks, Warriors, 76ers) 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 am

Kohl would probably rather just buy the pick himself for $3 million then take on Banks' deadweight. They'd end up paying less for Ridnour (who actually plays unlike Banks would), buying the pick for $3 million and Holidays rookie contract rather then taking on Banks.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#3 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:27 am

well the thing is Ridnour if renounced next season would leave you at 59 million in committed salaries in 2010 and since all your contracts are basically expiring in 2011, this deal puts your committed salaries in 2011 to 17 million. Maybe 18 million with Holidays contract, i doubt he would buy the pick for 3 million since this is going to be a tough offseason with Sessions/CV but this deal does save you some money but its about feeing up 2011 cap space for two max FAs. Or better yet you could use those expiring contracts that year to completely revamp your roster it was an idea if not theres other options at backup PG thats not the the big part of the deal but it would give you room for two max FA in 2011.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 am

Again, I doubt the Warriors are interested in a Jackson/Marion swap.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#5 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:30 am

you have said no but ive seen numerous warrior fans agree to it such as old rem, azwfan and some others i cant remember but some feel how jackson chucks wouldnt be missed because of your numerous amounts of guards and marion would add a nice skill of rebounding and could give you 15+ PPG in a running system and 10 RPG.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#6 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:well the thing is Ridnour if renounced next season would leave you at 59 million in committed salaries in 2010 and since all your contracts are basically expiring in 2011, this deal puts your committed salaries in 2011 to 17 million.

Not dealing Ridnour for Banks puts our salary exactly the same in 2011.....

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Maybe 18 million with Holidays contract, i doubt he would buy the pick for 3 million since this is going to be a tough offseason with Sessions/CV but this deal does save you some money but its about feeing up 2011 cap space for two max FAs.

What I'm saying is it would actually cost less to keep Ridnour, buy the pick and sign his rookie contract then it would to trade it for Banks so if they want Holiday that bad they could just pay for the pick and get him for themselves without the extra year on Banks' deadweight.

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Or better yet you could use those expiring contracts that year to completely revamp your roster it was an idea if not theres other options at backup PG thats not the the big part of the deal but it would give you room for two max FA in 2011.

See the first response.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
azwfan
RealGM

Post#7 » by azwfan » Tue May 12, 2009 4:22 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:you have said no but ive seen numerous warrior fans agree to it such as old rem, azwfan and some others i cant remember but some feel how jackson chucks wouldnt be missed because of your numerous amounts of guards and marion would add a nice skill of rebounding and could give you 15+ PPG in a running system and 10 RPG.

Dont get me wrong, Jackson's a really good player, and some aspects of his game WILL be missed, especially on defense (when not complaining to a ref)... but, Marion brings us some rebounding, a good defender in is own right, and at likely the same $ (if not less than) Jax. Not to mention he's not a "volume shooter".

We're absolutely stacked with SG's of either the same talent level or potential to be really good players. We will still have a glut of SG's even after making this trade. This trade simply evens out our roster a bit.

I'd prefer to get Marion at 3 yrs 22.5 million. (8, 7.5, 7). Heck i'd even go 8.5,8,7.5 (i know i'm easy). Its still cheaper then Jackson, and at a position of need.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#8 » by azwfan » Tue May 12, 2009 4:25 am

Also I wouldnt do this if a Maggette & Crawford for AK47 trade (which i would prefer) went down.
RaptorsBoy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by RaptorsBoy » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 am

I like the Raptors roster but I would rather have Pops than Sheldon Williams. He should be playing in the WNBA, and his girl should be in the NBA.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Tue May 12, 2009 5:27 am

azwfan wrote:Also I wouldnt do this if a Maggette & Crawford for AK47 trade (which i would prefer) went down.

...and you'd be wrong.

Raps Obsessed deserves an ovation for this as he's methodically evolved a plan for his Raps that actually IS quite viable.

(gasp!)

yes...it's true.

Okay...the Bucks segment is a bit shaky. Any plan to turn Banks into a rotation player has to involve something we call "money laundering" or at least cash in a plain paper bag. If Canada's laws on that have some loopholes,go for it.

Any Warrior fan who's looking to get Kirilenko instead of Marion.....do stop by and let me slap some sense into you. You can thank me later. Marion had a pretty weak year...but AK..just sucked.
My obsession is that GSW has to friggin' rebound average or better. Marion helps that even if he's slipped a bit.
Jackson and Marion are both sort of nutso...so that is about even.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#11 » by old rem » Tue May 12, 2009 5:34 am

RaptorsBoy wrote:I like the Raptors roster but I would rather have Pops than Sheldon Williams. He should be playing in the WNBA, and his girl should be in the NBA.

Both are good value. Pops never got minutes and Sheldon got some-but in the wrong roles. Ironically a lot of hopeless junkers get roles.

That's life. 8-)
CENSORED... No comment.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by don nelson » Tue May 12, 2009 5:46 am

gswhoops wrote:Again, I doubt the Warriors are interested in a Jackson/Marion swap.

+1. Crawford for Marion would be fine.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#13 » by FNQ » Tue May 12, 2009 9:18 am

Marion's not worth Jackson... and its not that I'm overvaluing Jack. Doubtful that GS wants him, unless its for Crawford or Maggette.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#14 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 pm

see some warrior fans like it and some dont the ridnour trade can be a different one example Beno from sacramento with different fillers and such or another backup PG thats not the big part in this proposed deal its Marion for Jackson and Kapono+Hump for Evans+Green. Some warrior fans want this and others dont so im not sure if this is fair or not, i know the Kapono/Hump for Evans/Green works for both but the jackson part is what is curious to me.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#15 » by azwfan » Tue May 12, 2009 8:13 pm

old rem wrote:
azwfan wrote:Also I wouldnt do this if a Maggette & Crawford for AK47 trade (which i would prefer) went down.

...and you'd be wrong.

Raps Obsessed deserves an ovation for this as he's methodically evolved a plan for his Raps that actually IS quite viable.

(gasp!)

yes...it's true.

Okay...the Bucks segment is a bit shaky. Any plan to turn Banks into a rotation player has to involve something we call "money laundering" or at least cash in a plain paper bag. If Canada's laws on that have some loopholes,go for it.

Any Warrior fan who's looking to get Kirilenko instead of Marion.....do stop by and let me slap some sense into you. You can thank me later. Marion had a pretty weak year...but AK..just sucked.
My obsession is that GSW has to friggin' rebound average or better. Marion helps that even if he's slipped a bit.
Jackson and Marion are both sort of nutso...so that is about even.

I'd rather have marion than AK. But i'd rather trade Maggette / Crawford then Jackson. If its Maggette / Crawford for Marion thats a no brainer.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#16 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm

I see the problem as Marion, he would have to agree. I'm sure any team will throw the MLE at him, so if the Warriors are only going to give him three years it will have to be three big years. Also, the Warriors wouldn't save years, they would save a year.

Marions 31 years old, this will be his last big contract and I'm sure he will be looking at the total and not the years... especially if it's with a contending team. Lets say the Warriors get him for 3-years 30 million. Marion will be 34 when that contract is up, judging by his game now he won't have much time left and he wont command a large contract. So, if I'm him, I just take the MLE on a good team. In the end it should end up being the same amount of money and he gets to play on a good team.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
gurkang
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#17 » by gurkang » Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 pm

I'd love if all those trades happened. If they did our need for trading Bosh would be gone

Return to Trades and Transactions