Twist Draft: need two more participants

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Twist Draft: need two more participants 

Post#1 » by CellarDoor » Tue May 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey guys, over on the games board we're starting up a twist draft again. Myself, Vintage, and Gremz will be judging/running the game. There will be either 12 or 16 participants. Some rough info on the game:

For those of you who aren't entirely sure what we're talking about I'll give you a quick overview.

Last time we had 16 teams, the 16 playoff teams from last year. Each participant had a team and was able to protect one franchise player to begin their team with. For instance: if you picked Cleveland you would protect Eric Snow (kidding). Now, i'm not sure how thrilled with this idea I am since it gives some teams (Cleveland, LA, San Antonio) huge advantages to begin with, but we can discuss this.

From there the draft began, the "twist" is that you can only draft people taken in the year we are drafting or earlier. Since we need 15 man rosters, I would suggest going back to 93-94 for our first draft. Using RNGs, we determined each year's draft order, but each person could only have a finite number of #1 and #2 picks. Trades were allowed, but had to be approved and could not be finalized until all pieces of the trade had been drafted. (in other words, you couldn't trade your first pick in the 96 draft for someone's 1st pick in the 00 draft until both pieces had already been picked).

the idea was to have the 8 teams in a conference have a bracket-style tournament with the other conference voting on their match-ups. What I'd like to do this time is, as Gremz mentioned, have a judging panel of some sort. I wouldn't mind having an open voting process for all RGM posters, but if I were you guys, I'd prefer to have a few good members judging. The problem may simply be participation in that instance though and trying to find 3 judges (2+ me I guess) who will commit to doing it as well as 16 active participants.

Like I said, I'm not sure I have time to go through the trade negotiations and draft portion of a game GM a Team to conclude though as a lot of your most active posters have a lot of balls in the air right now.

Another poster suggested starting a year or 2 later and having a FFA, but i'm not sure I like that as a few people would be getting their high picks in the draft as leftovers. Instead, I'm thinking that we perhaps restrict it to 12 teams and draft back to 97 and run 12 man rosters.

To begin with, i'm going to say 12 teams, if someone can come up with something equitable that involves more teams, then i'm open to it as I really don't like having 3 team finals. We'll roll with 3 judges, one of which will be me.

If you're interested and have time to devote to the drafting/write-up process feel free to sign up over on the T/T games board.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...

Return to Trades and Transactions