BIG Re-Tool: Bobcats, Nets and Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Re: BIG Re-Tool: Bobcats, Nets and Kings 

Post#21 » by arh1109 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:55 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
arh1109 wrote:Doesn't matter where he's going, by saying the words "I don't like him", you've already proven my point that you're not fully respecting his value to our team which is what really matters in multi-team trades like this. You might think you got his value right, but by saying what you did and being the person who made the trade you've already given off that impression. Basically, don't trade a team's main asset knowing that you don't think as highly of him as others and not recognize that you're going to be undervaluing him. That's all.

That's highly illogical. I don't really like Kobe either, but that doesn't mean I don't understand his worth. Does this tantrum possibly have anything to do with the fact that Crash is your av??? Hmmm...

Oh pullin the avatar card lol. Its actually very logical. You come in propose a trade, then a few posts down point out all of the disadvantages of a player when he's the main asset going out from my team. I see this and figure "hey the guy who made this trade doesn't seem to like my guy very much, he's probably undervaluing him." If your perception of his value was correct then all parties would be content or atleast consider it instead of 2 parties (esp Sac) being very happy and 1 party not even interested enough to post how bad it is for them. Also Crash has been considered to be on the block for almost all of last season so I think I have a good perception of what his value is.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#22 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:21 pm

So I can't be honest in my own thread?

LyricalRico posed a valid question ("Why not cut out Sacto and just do Wallace+Bell for Carter?"), and I thought I had answered it as tastefully but truthfully as I could. The comment was not meant to discredit Wallace, just to outline why I didn't want him FOR MY TEAM. I even purposefully mentioned that many other NJN fans like him, to further underscore that it was just my opinion of him for the Nets.

As much as I've villified Gerald, though, let me extol his virtues:

-- tireless and versatile defender
-- stat-filler who doesn't need the ball to be effective
-- drives hard to the basket and seeks out contact in the lane
-- I heard he bought his mom a cinnabon last week
-- helps old ladies cross the street

Does that make it OK now? Listen, regardless of how I feel about him ON MY TEAM, I know that the Kings value him highly. Having a perimeter core set with a pair of blossoming young bigmen should cost them a pretty penny. So, what are you saying? Do the Kings owe you more in this deal???
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
amk482
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by amk482 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 pm

If NJ really believes in 2010 that someone is signing with them (I dont beleive it at all but hopefully I will eat my own words), I think the way to create the cap space is trade VC and hopefully najera and then just decline the options on Yi (assuming he is garbage again) and Swat (assuming he doesnt pull it together). If the cap stays the same in 10/11 as it is now, then i think we would be $34M under the cap, less any amounts we take on in (if any) in moving VC and Najera. If we are truly making a move in 2010, then I prefer the above as opposed to the original proposal. I'd rather just keep Harris instead of taking back Felton who I assume will get at least $6M per year, so Id rather just keep harris for $8-$9.The 09 draft picks would be nice, but I think we need to think quality, not quantity. Green and Ajinca do nothing for me.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#24 » by RTM » Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Harris is the last guy NJ would look to trade. He's locked up on a very fair deal.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#25 » by spectre_ » Sat May 23, 2009 11:56 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:So I can't be honest in my own thread?

LyricalRico posed a valid question ("Why not cut out Sacto and just do Wallace+Bell for Carter?"), and I thought I had answered it as tastefully but truthfully as I could. The comment was not meant to discredit Wallace, just to outline why I didn't want him FOR MY TEAM. I even purposefully mentioned that many other NJN fans like him, to further underscore that it was just my opinion of him for the Nets.

As much as I've villified Gerald, though, let me extol his virtues:

-- tireless and versatile defender
-- stat-filler who doesn't need the ball to be effective
-- drives hard to the basket and seeks out contact in the lane
-- I heard he bought his mom a cinnabon last week
-- helps old ladies cross the street

Does that make it OK now? Listen, regardless of how I feel about him ON MY TEAM, I know that the Kings value him highly. Having a perimeter core set with a pair of blossoming young bigmen should cost them a pretty penny. So, what are you saying? Do the Kings owe you more in this deal???

:roll:

You forgot:

-- Leading SF rebounder per game for the league
-- Second most win shares for small forwards (behind Lebron)

We're just not interested in a Wallace for Carter swap...and we're especially not interested in all that salary for an inferior team.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#26 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun May 24, 2009 2:07 am

Kings say yes! No take backs!
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#27 » by Smills91 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:17 am

Trade is TOO convoluted for reality, honestly.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#28 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 24, 2009 5:52 am

Charlotte easily turns this down. I think a lot of Bobcats fans would be fooling themselves if they don't think management would do Wallace/Bell for VC, but that is not what is being discussed, what is being discussed is the rest of the salary they take on which is pretty much even worse then the crap contracts they export. I am going to ignore their(Bobcats) pick going out, figuring you redid this trade in another thread and removed it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Trades and Transactions