Could Andrew Bynum be traded to...

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Re: Could Andrew Bynum be traded to... 

Post#41 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Mon May 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:
legacyinthemakin89c wrote:I still think a trade to Chicago for something like Brad Miller and Ben Gordon would be a great deal for both teams.

:lol: :roll:

i love bulls fans. pure comic relief. i rmr when kobe was on the block and y'all didn't even want to give up luol deng!!

seriously though, stop posting trade ideas.

Um I'm a Pistons fan moron, I was just throwing an idea out there. So why don't you stop posting your completly useless ideas, or lack thereof.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#42 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:03 pm

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:
legacyinthemakin89c wrote:I still think a trade to Chicago for something like Brad Miller and Ben Gordon would be a great deal for both teams.

:lol: :roll:

i love bulls fans. pure comic relief. i rmr when kobe was on the block and y'all didn't even want to give up luol deng!!

seriously though, stop posting trade ideas.

Um I'm a Pistons fan moron, I was just throwing an idea out there. So why don't you stop posting your completly useless ideas, or lack thereof.

ah... well that explains why you're trying to screw the lakers.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#43 » by jimmy keys » Mon May 25, 2009 6:29 pm

What about a deal between Memphis and the Lakers. The #2 pick (Rubio) + Marc Gasol for Bynum. I think that's the best deal the Lakers could hope for and one both sides would consider.

The Lakers get a great young PG, Gasol's little brother who is a very solid rotation big man and it free's up cash to re-sign both Lamar and Ariza.
1. Rubio, Fisher, Farmar
2. Kobe, Vujacic
3. Ariza, Walton
4. Odom,
5. P.Gasol, M.Gasol
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#44 » by ITK9 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Bynum is the most overrated player in the league and Lakers will never get for him what their fans expect.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#45 » by old rem » Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm

ITK9 wrote:Bynum is the most overrated player in the league and Lakers will never get for him what their fans expect.

Not Most Over-Rated, but with his injury frequency, I think his market value is in a slump. It could move up or down by next deadline,but nobody will pay huge if he may be a fragile young JO missing time and slowing down this early. If he has a year where things all go well...then he gets full value,which is rather high.
CENSORED... No comment.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:59 pm

daddyfivestar wrote:
Smills91 wrote:Bynum's overrated. He has a nice game here or there...but Laker fans have made him out to be Wilt Chamberlain part 2 for too long. I'm not fooled. He's nothing more than an above average center for his career.

Actually the Lakers were hoping for a Duncan but would take a Chief. Wilt never came into the conversation.

here or there? Over 25 games earlier this season he averaged 18.5 and 9 with 2 blocks. Last year he had a similar stretch with 18, 10 and 2.5.

A legit 7-footer at 21 yrs old who has shown that kind of promise is only being moved for a star in return. Both of his injuries were fluky, first Odom's big foot in his landing space, then Kobe rolling into him.

He's in his first pressure situation at 21, not getting any break on calls, and not handling it well. But that doesn't mean he's not the guy LA is handing the team over to when Kobe retires. He will only be moved for a star player.

smills, you've always been a hater, but you do have the best sig on rgm.

You see, here, I can look past your one flaw(laker fan) and see a great person here. ;-) Basketball is basketball. What you refer to is livelihood or the lack thereof currently.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#47 » by gswhoops » Mon May 25, 2009 7:09 pm

What about Okafor for Bynum?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#48 » by shrink » Mon May 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Remember when we used to be treated to debates whether Oden or Bynum were surer locks for the Hall of Fame?
Smills91
Banned User

Post#49 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:23 pm

shrink wrote:Remember a few months back, when we'd be treated with debates whether Oden or Bynum were surer locks for the Hall of Fame?

Imagine Durant on the Blazers....

C: Pryzbilla
PF: Aldridge
SF: Durant
SG: Roy
PG: Who cares.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#50 » by shrink » Mon May 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Smills91 wrote:
shrink wrote:Remember a few months back, when we'd be treated with debates whether Oden or Bynum were surer locks for the Hall of Fame?

PG - In 2005, the old regime traded away Deron Williams to get Martell Webster, #27, and a future 1st.

Now, it would have traded the drfat order of course, but that would be one scary team.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by gswhoops » Mon May 25, 2009 7:27 pm

^^ DWill or CP3...

Pryzbilla
Aldridge
Durant
Roy
Paul

:droop:

Of course, had they actually drafted Paul, they wouldn't have been in a position later to grab Roy, Aldridge, or Durant but that's just details :D
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#52 » by princeofpalace » Mon May 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Bynum, Walton for Bosh?

Kobe/Bosh/Gasol would be a serious upgrade for the Lakers and a great return for Tor
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#53 » by why22 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:52 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:If he's so valuable, why isn't he playing?

Kobe Bryant is going to be 31 this August. How many seasons does he have left? Three or so? The Lakers' time is now. Is Bynum ever going to be part of that?

Also the Lakers have Lamar Odom & Trevor Ariza as unrestricted free agents. They're at $75M already so they're in the tax. That means any new salary (Odom or Ariza) costs them double. Bynum will make $12.5M next season in a BYC deal. Eats up a lot of cap space with a contract difficult to move.

Derek Fisher at 35 isn't the same player anymore but he has an expirng $5M contract. Adam Morrison's $5.3M contract is also an expiring asset.

i think kobe has a bit more than 3 left in him
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
Smills91
Banned User

Post#54 » by Smills91 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:53 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Bynum, Walton for Bosh?

Kobe/Bosh/Gasol would be a serious upgrade for the Lakers and a great return for Tor

Don't think so. Bosh > Bynum...so dumping Puke Walton is definitely a no-no in that kind of deal.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,826

Post#55 » by Norm2953 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm

shrink wrote:
Smills91 wrote:

PG - In 2005, the old regime traded away Deron Williams to get Martell Webster, #27, and a future 1st.

Now, it would have traded the drfat order of course, but that would be one scary team.

Remember though the Blazers had Telfair who they thought was going to be their PG which
they in turn rolled over in a trade to get Brandon Roy. It turned out all right for Portland in the
end.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#56 » by Soulyss » Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Westbrook, filler, and late first for Bynum.

OKC trades down for Sac's #4, #23

Draft Jennings (pass first PG would be ideal next to Durant)

Jennings
Seflosha
Durant
Green
Bynum

Lakers get their much needed PG with Westbrook.

Westbrook
Bryant
Ariza
Odom
Gasol

Everyone is happy.

I don't think it's a BAD idea, but Gasol can't play the 5 full time, he'll get eaten alive.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#57 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Mon May 25, 2009 10:26 pm

ah... well that explains why you're trying to screw the lakers.

See and I don't think thats screwing over the Lakers. The team with Gordon would beat the team with Bynum in a 7 game series easy. Bynum has shown flashes of being a solid player in this league but nothing more. He's not going to lead the Lakers to the championship in 5 years, you might as well use his value to improve the team that does have a shot at the championship, Kobe's team.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#58 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 am

^ Agreed. But what would the Lakers need? A legit PG? Trading big for little is always a questionable tactic.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by gswhoops » Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 am

djthesonicsfan wrote:^ Agreed. But what would the Lakers need? A legit PG? Trading big for little is always a questionable tactic.

In terms of what TFKAS can offer, I think it would have to be Westbrook or #3 for Bynum. That gives LAL a legit triangle PG (Westbrook or Harden) and saves them enough money to resign Odom and Ariza without going into the lux.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#60 » by thaAteam » Tue May 26, 2009 2:44 am

jgustav1 wrote:The Clippers would offer Kaman, Ricky Davis and a lottery protected future 1st for Bynum.

maybe its just me, but im seeing way too much being offered for bynum who hasnt done crap in this league. in this trade kaman is by far the better player, on a better contract, and the clippers throw in a pick. are u smoking dope? a bynum trade would never happen because im sure no other gm in the league feels about bynum the way lakers brass do. and the trade about bosh is just laughable. two bynums wouldnt be worth bosh.

Return to Trades and Transactions