Bring offers for SF Prince....

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

thaAteam
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Bring offers for SF Prince.... 

Post#121 » by thaAteam » Fri May 29, 2009 7:30 pm

vege wrote:
thaAteam wrote:if prince has so much cot d*** value then u keep him!!!!!!!! i think the packages the blazer fan and atlanta fan posted are overpaying if u ask me, he is the 3rd or 4th best player on a 8th seeded team in the eastern conference whicjh is terrible from 6 down, so if your looking for an all star just stop the search now cuz it aint happening. u dont get an all star without giving up one....... or major cap space and picks

Nice Sherlock. Here is a clue for you. Prince IS our best player. I agree we would need to add major capspace and picks to Prince to land an all start and i have no problem with it ;). I never said we would get an all star for Prince alone. I said i expect Prince to be part of a package for a legit #1 offensive option (like Joe D described) or as you described an all star.

if a guy who averaged three points and three rebounds in the 1st round is your best player.......... next year will be a long season. he isnt better then rip, some piston fans would argue stucky is second, and ai is a better player also. i dont know what u smokin but i want to hit it
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#122 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 7:35 pm

thaAteam wrote:if a guy who averaged three points and three rebounds in the 1st round is your best player.......... next year will be a long season. he isnt better then rip, some piston fans would argue stucky is second, and ai is a better player also. i dont know what u smokin but i want to hit it

Another clue Sherlock. HE WAS PLAYING INJURED. This season he was better than RiP. He is still better than Stuckey and no, absolutely no sane person would say AI was better than anyone in Detroit's team this season. You are just clueless and that's sad.
thaAteam
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#123 » by thaAteam » Fri May 29, 2009 7:42 pm

vege wrote:
thaAteam wrote:if a guy who averaged three points and three rebounds in the 1st round is your best player.......... next year will be a long season. he isnt better then rip, some piston fans would argue stucky is second, and ai is a better player also. i dont know what u smokin but i want to hit it

Another clue Sherlock. HE WAS PLAYING INJURED. This season he was better than RiP. He is still better than Stuckey and no, absolutely no sane person would say AI was better than anyone in Detroit's team this season. You are just clueless and that's sad.

please cut the excuses bro, josh howard had no ankles in the playoffs and he averaged more then 3 and 3. and rip had a better pts, steals, and assist per game then prince in less minutes
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#124 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri May 29, 2009 8:14 pm

This thread was started by a Pistons fan just to see what fans around the league would be willing to part with to add Prince to their team, and yet Vege and HeroicKennedy have felt the need to be the voice of Detroit fans, and argue that a million great deals aren't good enough. For some reason Vege also thinks Prince is better then Rip and that 3 and 3 averages in over 30mpg are no big deal. Vege also thinks that Prince is such a great player that he can be the centerpiece of a blockbuster deal for a star. Wow, just wow...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vege
RealGM

Post#125 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:14 pm

I am done with you :P you have absolutely no clue on what you are talking about so cya. You even said AI was better than Tay ROFL.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#126 » by VintaGe36 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:16 pm

3 and 3 in the playoffs IS pretty telling.....

just saying.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#127 » by killacalijatt » Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Something Like
Crawford, #7, AzuBuike
Prince, S&T for Sheed
vege
RealGM

Post#128 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:19 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:This thread was started by a Pistons fan just to see what fans around the league would be willing to part with to add Prince to their team, and yet Vege and HeroicKennedy have felt the need to be the voice of Detroit fans, and argue that a million great deals aren't good enough. For some reason Vege also thinks Prince is better then Rip and that 3 and 3 averages in over 30mpg are no big deal. Vege also thinks that Prince is such a great player that he can be the centerpiece of a blockbuster deal for a star. Wow, just wow...

Sorry to end your fun man but i don't think i am the only one who appreciate Prince

http://boards.hoopsworld.com/blogs/two_%20...%20e-him.aspx

Go watch the guy play after that we talk again, stop looking at meaningless numbers. Basketball is more than numbers.

I have seen one good trade :P and that wasn't a trade that fit the thread. The Bosh trade. The rest are trades Detroit wouldn't consider. Go read about what Joe D think. Yeah i am not the guy making the decisions Joe D is, and he stated he will go after a legit #1 option. He consider Prince to be a #2 and if he can somehow use Prince in a package to get a #1 option he will.

Complain as much as you want. Just because you think Prince isn't worth **** doesn't mean i have to think that way as well.

The thread isn't about what i think or what you think so stop crying and answer the op and bring offers for SF Prince. If the offer is to pack a bunch of lower players to nab Prince i will give you the answer in advance. Hell no. That's not a deal Detroit would consider.
vege
RealGM

Post#129 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:21 pm

killacalijatt wrote:Something Like
Crawford, #7, AzuBuike
Prince, S&T for Sheed

Have been discussed before and Detroit wants no part of Crawford, no matter what we are sending out we don't want Crawford. Period.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by VintaGe36 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Ok, so why is it your allowed to insult people who disagree with you, and claim they know nothing, but when someone else does it, they are "wrong"?
vege
RealGM

Post#131 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:25 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:3 and 3 in the playoffs IS pretty telling.....

just saying.

What about 5 and 3? Those were Bynum numbers in their 1st serie, and he wasn't playing against LeBron. So are you saying Andrew Bynum is garbage? Prince was injured, played a terrible serie, he gave up and half of Detroit fans hate him for it. I don't. Michael Curry is a joke and the team wasn't going anywhere. You can blame Prince as much as you want. I blame Michael Curry.

Like i said before the solution imo isn't get ride of Prince but get a "Pietrus like player" to throw in against PP and LeBron. Other than those 2 guys Prince defense is fantastic against any perimeter player in the league. You may add Artest to that group too, Prince got owned badly by Artest this season.
vege
RealGM

Post#132 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:26 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:Ok, so why is it your allowed to insult people who disagree with you, and claim they know nothing, but when someone else does it, they are "wrong"?

Who i insulted? and when a guy wants to make a point telling AI was better than Prince this season you got to admit that guy is clueless. He said a lot of absurd things. Just go read.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by VintaGe36 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:26 pm

This post season? Yes, Bynum's been garbage, ask any logical Laker fan, he's been underwhelming.

I'm not saying Prince is horrible, and won't improve from 3 and 3, I'm just saying that going 3 and 3 in a whole series is VERY telling, and does matter, regardless of any excuses there may be.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#134 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 pm

#'s don't mean everything, but 3 and 3 in over 30mpg cannot be ignored.

I do appreciate Prince and I would love him on the Nets, but it doesn't mean I have to inflate his trade value to something unrealistic.

I mean you're gonna tell me Joe D would turn down RJ/Bell/#10 for Prince and Maxiel?
Prince for Marvin Williams S&T if Marv was signed to a reasonable deal?
Prince for Kaman?
Batum/Outlaw/salary cap relief and possibly a late 1st?

There have been a few others I forget about that were very solid as well. You can say it's just my opinion, but when basically the entire board is disagreeing with you, including some of your fellow Pistons fans, you have to start rethinking your strategy, no?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vege
RealGM

Post#135 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:This post season? Yes, Bynum's been garbage, ask any logical Laker fan, he's been underwhelming.

I'm not saying Prince is horrible, and won't improve from 3 and 3, I'm just saying that going 3 and 3 in a whole series is VERY telling, and does matter, regardless of any excuses there may be.

You pointed this post season numbers to depreciate Prince, i asked if Bynum is horrible because he put horrible numbers as well.

Some Detroit fans agree with you, they think Prince should be gone, i disagree. 1 crap serie won't change anything for me. Billups had a terrible serie last season against Boston. Some people (including myself) wanted him gone. The result is there to be seen :wink: .

Billups was lacking motivation and was injured last season, pretty much the same thing that happened to Prince this offseason. Prince and McDyess are the only players who really played with some heart this season, even Stuckey was terrible at some point and gave up in some games. Can't blame them, the head coach is just a disaster and that's it.

Once again, if you think Detroit should trade Prince for worse players because he had a crap season that's your opnion, there is no chance in hell you will make me agree with it. I want Prince back next season, unless we pack him with more value to get a legit #1 offensive option.
vege
RealGM

Post#136 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:34 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:#'s don't mean everything, but 3 and 3 in over 30mpg cannot be ignored.

I do appreciate Prince and I would love him on the Nets, but it doesn't mean I have to inflate his trade value to something unrealistic.

I mean you're gonna tell me Joe D would turn down RJ/Bell/#10 for Prince and Maxiel?
Prince for Kaman?

There have been a few others I forget about that were very solid as well. You can say it's just my opinion, but when basically the entire board is disagreeing with you, including some of your fellow Pistons fans, you have to start rethinking your strategy, no?

Prince for Marvin i explained why i would turn it down.

Prince for RJ/Bell/#10 HK explained clearly why he believes Joe D would turn it down.

Prince for Portland spare parts yes i explained several times why i would turn it down don't make me explain this again, PDX fans are tired to read it already.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#137 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri May 29, 2009 8:35 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:Ok, so why is it your allowed to insult people who disagree with you, and claim they know nothing, but when someone else does it, they are "wrong"?

Exactly. It's not that I personally feel insulted, but it is obvious Vege has a condenscending attitude and views his opinion as almost fact and definitely superior to most.
Take off the blue and red glasses dude.

So what Joe D said he is going after a legit #1 option? What does that have to do with a bunch of really solid offers for Prince? The only real reason that Prince would be involved in a blockbuster deal would be as a very solid player that was to match salary. He would not be the centerpiece of a blockbister deal and truthfully the Pistons trade assets are pretty limited overall.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#138 » by princeofpalace » Fri May 29, 2009 8:36 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:#'s don't mean everything, but 3 and 3 in over 30mpg cannot be ignored.

Prince for Kaman?

All of these trades would be rejected.

GM's are not like fans- they don't look at one series to determine a players worth especially when that player was injured and going against the best SF in the league that he has historically struggled against. When you take Princes career in context he has been exceptional- hes had great playoff performances as well except against Lebron & Pierce.

Tayshaun had a crap series, no denying that but he was hands down Detroit's best player during the regular season along with Dice and still has considerable value. Detroit is not going to unload him for a lesser player because they don't need to- they have capspace to get things done- they have options- they are not desperate so they wont be making any desperation trades
vege
RealGM

Post#139 » by vege » Fri May 29, 2009 8:38 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

Exactly. It's not that I personally feel insulted, but it is obvious Vege has a condenscending attitude and views his opinion as almost fact and definitely superior to most.
Take off the blue and red glasses dude.

So what Joe D said he is going after a legit #1 option? What does that have to do with a bunch of really solid offers for Prince? The only real reason that Prince would be involved in a blockbuster deal would be as a very solid player that was to match salary. He would not be the centerpiece of a blockbister deal and truthfully the Pistons trade assets are pretty limited overall.

If you don't feel insulted you should stfu and let someone who feel insulted complain. I don't see anyone doing that so stop accusing me, that's lame and childish.

Funny you think Detroit trade assets are pretty limited overall i disagree, Cap space and expiring contracts should have insane value this offseason :wink: We think different and you can't accept my opinion. Too bad for you i will keep stating my opinion no matter how much you like it or not.
bballer27
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#140 » by bballer27 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:41 pm

if we can put a package of prince and fillers for bosh and banks or kapono then that would be an offer i would trade prince for, if we can get a guy like okafor or al jefferson or bynum for prince then that would be a deal, not guys like crawford and i saw a z bo trade, R U KIDDING ME!?!?!?! prince is the most underrated player in the nba, you cant see he is overrated or just about right, he is the most underrated player in the nba. PERIOD.

Return to Trades and Transactions