Lakers and Bulls - a trade for the ages

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Lakers and Bulls - a trade for the ages 

Post#21 » by boogydown » Thu May 28, 2009 4:39 pm

This thread is out of control.

Bynum = Overrated, and GM's see this. His value is actually negative with some yet they think they can get a 20 year potential superstar point guard for a bust.
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#22 » by qclakers » Thu May 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Boogeydown you are off your rocker. A guy who has had 2 freak injuries in 4 years is not injury prone. Bynum's stats are better and ahead of Jermaine O'Neal's at the same point in his career and Bynum is taller and stronger. That bust turned out pretty good for Indiana didn't it? I agree no way at this point would he be worth Rose but he hasn't had the chance to show over a period of time how good he can be. That is why it is called potential. I think he still has very high value around the league but probably not enough for the Lakers to get what they think he is worth.
TheGallopingSweetness
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#23 » by TheGallopingSweetness » Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 pm

The Bulls run one of the most basic offensive sets in the league and Tyrus still can't understand where he's supposed to be. How is he going to fair in the Triangle, when he's counted on to read the defense?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,305

Post#24 » by coldfish » Thu May 28, 2009 8:53 pm

TheGallopingSweetness wrote:The Bulls run one of the most basic offensive sets in the league and Tyrus still can't understand where he's supposed to be. How is he going to fair in the Triangle, when he's counted on to read the defense?

Quite frankly, it would work out great for Buss. He could raise ticket prices as a new side show would come to town. Tyrus would run around like a drunken fool trying to figure out what to do and the audience could laugh.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#25 » by boogydown » Thu May 28, 2009 9:47 pm

qclakers wrote:Boogeydown you are off your rocker. A guy who has had 2 freak injuries in 4 years is not injury prone. Bynum's stats are better and ahead of Jermaine O'Neal's at the same point in his career and Bynum is taller and stronger. That bust turned out pretty good for Indiana didn't it? I agree no way at this point would he be worth Rose but he hasn't had the chance to show over a period of time how good he can be. That is why it is called potential. I think he still has very high value around the league but probably not enough for the Lakers to get what they think he is worth.

Okay he isn't a bust yet...

However, that is 2 freak injuries in 2 years. He also is playing poorly since his return. Like Luol Deng, teams will pass on him until he shows signs of improvement.
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#26 » by qclakers » Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 pm

boogydown wrote:
qclakers wrote:Boogeydown you are off your rocker. A guy who has had 2 freak injuries in 4 years is not injury prone. Bynum's stats are better and ahead of Jermaine O'Neal's at the same point in his career and Bynum is taller and stronger. That bust turned out pretty good for Indiana didn't it? I agree no way at this point would he be worth Rose but he hasn't had the chance to show over a period of time how good he can be. That is why it is called potential. I think he still has very high value around the league but probably not enough for the Lakers to get what they think he is worth.

Okay he isn't a bust yet...

However, that is 2 freak injuries in 2 years. He also is playing poorly since his return. Like Luol Deng, teams will pass on him until he shows signs of improvement.

I agree that teams would take a wait and see approach and that is why LA will just hang on to him and hope he grows into another in their long list of dominate centers.

Return to Trades and Transactions