Lebron to LA

citizen bob
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Lebron to LA 

Post#21 » by citizen bob » Wed Jun 3, 2009 9:42 pm

It makes no sense for Lebron to stay in Cleveland. Their team is horrible without him - not a single player is a "Scottie Pippen" style backup player. Without Lebron, Cleveland would have struggled to win 10 games last season. Lebron hates to lose and I'll bet this one stings a whole lot. He is going to get a max deal no matter where he ends up. He is into the limelight with a documentary and book being released soon. The reality is that Lebron is a big city personality stuck in a small out of the way city. He belongs in LA or NY and although I am not Nostradamus, it does not take a crystal ball to realize that he is on borrowed time.

Cleveland needs to look beyond Lebron otherwise they look to be lottery locks until 2013. He has value now, but if he is not traded soon Cleveland can expect to get left holding the bag. Make the trade and give Lebron a break. At least you can have relations with the guy in the future and get something for him now. If you are stubborn and believe that Cleveland will be a more desirable place to play than Madison Sq Garden, then you are to blame when Lebron stabs you in the back. It will hurt Cleveland fans feelings and put a tarnish on the NBA's best player - but either way, it will still happen.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#22 » by microfib4thewin » Wed Jun 3, 2009 9:46 pm

It'd be a total PR disaster if they trade Lebron. People are already up in arms at the possibility of Chris Paul getting traded, imagine how fans react for Lebron.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#23 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Wed Jun 3, 2009 9:49 pm

Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries present better options for LeBron?

Most actually think LeBron is staying. You just re-hashed every single NY media-created farce that has been force-fed to you by them. The fact is, most ESPN guys think LeBron stays, most people with any knowledge of the situation think LeBron is staying. LeBron himself has repeated, over and over again that he is happy in Cleveland.

The fact is, Cleveland offers the most money, playing close to home, and the best supporting cast that he's ever had(which was this year) is only going to get better this offseason.
citizen bob
Banned User

Post#24 » by citizen bob » Wed Jun 3, 2009 9:56 pm

NY will have the cash to get two max player contracts - That means Lebron and either Wade, Amare or Bosh. Cleveland will not have the spare cash to guarantee this to Lebron. As such, Cleveland fans are gambling that Lebron will prefer loyalty over Championships. I think this is highly unlikely regardless of what the scouts say. If he does not sign a max extension soon, he is basically stating that he is leaving Cleveland. Otherwise he should end the distractions and get back to the business of playing basketball. He might enjoy the controversy, but Cav fans don't, nor do his teammates.
Quackenboss
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#25 » by Quackenboss » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:01 pm

warren weel im wrote: - Eric Gordon and Al Thornton hold more value all over the league than any other team can offer. Please exclude Memphis, Oklahoma and Minnesota in the equation since they are small market teams and they would be the last places on Earth LBJ would "agree" to go.

:o
lakerfan10770
Starter
And1: 3

Post#26 » by lakerfan10770 » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:20 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries present better options for LeBron?

Most actually think LeBron is staying. You just re-hashed every single NY media-created farce that has been force-fed to you by them. The fact is, most ESPN guys think LeBron stays, most people with any knowledge of the situation think LeBron is staying. LeBron himself has repeated, over and over again that he is happy in Cleveland.

The fact is, Cleveland offers the most money, playing close to home, and the best supporting cast that he's ever had(which was this year) is only going to get better this offseason.

I think you are 100% correct, yet I still think he is going to leave.........doesn't make sense, it just seems like it's gonna happen.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#27 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:29 pm

knicks minus lebron >> cavs minus lebron
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#28 » by Agenda42 » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:34 pm

I don't think that LeBron will agree to a sign and trade where a team sends all their good assets to Cleveland in exchange for LeBron. He wants to win titles, it's hard to do that when you go to a team with no studs and no picks.

If LeBron thinks that Cleveland won't cut it for winning a ring, he'll look at all the max offers made to him and pick the one that lands him in the best situation.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#29 » by Scorpion King » Wed Jun 3, 2009 11:22 pm

Cleveland will not trade him to anyone in league... he is the best player in NBA..... There is no chance in hell he resigns with clippers.... they are taking unecessary risk which they know they will come on the losing side......
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#30 » by Westfo3 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:06 am

Lebron most likely won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Cavs had the best reacord in the NBA and would have beat anyone but the Magic in a best of 7' Cavs just don't match up well yet with them'. Also add to the fact that they are only goiong to get better buy trading Wallace and Sasha this offseason. NYK's are the only team that might even have over a .09% shot to get Lebron and yet they can only give lebron eddie curry. Right now they won't be able to pair lebron with wade/bosh unless they can dump curry which isn't going to happen. Plus with cavs new investers cavs will soon be on many TV's in china and China>>> NY so that **** about he can become bigger by going to NY is now out of the window. Plus Lebron is close to home and knows he is the king of cleveland and ohio. Nomatter what he does in NY he will never be as big to them has he already is in ohio. He knows he will become the most hated guy ever in ohio if he walks and Lebron isn't the type that wants to be hated by anyone. I don't see anyone being mad at him for not signing with the knicks.

Its foolish to think Lebron is going anyone but cleveland anytime soon.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#31 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:52 am

LOL i don't know where to start with you.. I guess ill go in order of the bullsh*t you just bestowed upon us..

Westfo3 wrote:Lebron most likely won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Cavs had the best reacord in the NBA and would have beat anyone but the Magic in a best of 7' Cavs just don't match up well yet with them'.

:violin: :violin: Awesome excuse.. LA and Denver both would have sh*t on the Clevela... i mean Lebron + guys also in cavs uniform that watch lebron dominate

Also add to the fact that they are only goiong to get better buy trading Wallace and Sasha this offseason. NYK's are the only team that might even have over a .09% shot to get Lebron and yet they can only give lebron eddie curry.

We can only offer him eddy curry? A guy who didnt play last season? Not David Lee? Not wilson chandler? Danilo Gallinari and whoever we get with the 8th pick? A far superior coach? Those 3 players and the pick have more value than anyone on the Cavs not named Lebron..

Right now they won't be able to pair lebron with wade/bosh unless they can dump curry which isn't going to happen. Plus with cavs new investers cavs will soon be on many TV's in china and China>>> NY so that **** about he can become bigger by going to NY is now out of the window.

LOL China? Lebron wants to be big in China? Really? He really has his mind set on fame in CHINA? WHO KNEW!!! He can be like Bobby Valentine in Japan.. them people follow him around like he is tiger woods! How many Chinese athletes are big around the world? One.. and he isnt half as popular as guys like: your own Lebron, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Chris Paul, etc, etc, etc.. If he went to NY, it would be for NY starpower.. there is nothing equivalent to that (outside of foreign soccer players) on the planet.. nothing

Plus Lebron is close to home and knows he is the king of cleveland and ohio. Nomatter what he does in NY he will never be as big to them has he already is in ohio. He knows he will become the most hated guy ever in ohio if he walks and Lebron isn't the type that wants to be hated by anyone. I don't see anyone being mad at him for not signing with the knicks.

hmm King of Ohio or King of New York? Did you really just say: "No matter what he does in NY, he wont be as big as he already is in... waiiiiit for it..... OHIO?" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its foolish to think Lebron is going anyone but cleveland anytime soon.

I agree.. wont be that soon, ill give it like 13months.. enjoy him while you can

i can't blame you for this post, if i was in your position i'd probably talk crazy to :usa:
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#32 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:11 am

We can only offer him eddy curry? A guy who didnt play last season? Not David Lee? Not wilson chandler? Danilo Gallinari and whoever we get with the 8th pick? A far superior coach? Those 3 players and the pick have more value than anyone on the Cavs not named Lebron..

David Lee hasn't even re-signed with New York.

Gallinari? The rookie who already had back surgery? Yeah, can you say BUST?

D'Antoni? He may be a far superior offensive coach, but his style, proven time and time again, does not win championships.

Chandler? What has he done? Really? Besides show flashes that he might not suck at some point in his career, there's no earth shattering potential.

Face it, if LeBron's main goal is rings, New York is last on the list.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#33 » by warren weel im » Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:59 am

Obvious reaction from Boobie, which I precluded in the word "assumptions" mentioned one too many times in the original post.

See its not whether CLE fans want him out, you obviously don't, and like I said, I wouldn't too. I wish he could go Michael Jordan on us (Cavs) and brings us 7 championships while being the best player in the planet (after Kobe decides to hang his Air Kobes).

BUT THE FACTS REMAIN THE SAME. HE DOES NOT HAVE A NO-TRADE CLAUSE, and while many of CLE fans think its marketing suicide to trade him, letting him leave and sulking in the dark corner is much worse. Why not land the #1 overall pick and Eric Gordon while you're at it?

I failed to state it in the OP but I don't think this was a thread for CLE fans to state the obvious, its more like for LA Clipper fans to ponder on this (yes, I admit) WILD proposal which would be sending a sure-fire stud in Blake Griffin and 2 other very nice picks from the last 2 drafts.

In no way shape or form will CLE be >> than LAC with the proposal.

Lebron + Mo Will + Z + Ben + everyone else + possible MLE pickup this year

<<<<<

Lebron + Baron + ZBo + Kaman or Camby (whoever CLE doesnt pick).

So Boobie, spare us the lecture. We already know the sentiment, and just in case you failed to read the precluding assumption, it was management who decides, not you.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#34 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 4, 2009 3:54 am

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:

David Lee hasn't even re-signed with New York.

Gallinari? The rookie who already had back surgery? Yeah, can you say BUST?

D'Antoni? He may be a far superior offensive coach, but his style, proven time and time again, does not win championships.

Chandler? What has he done? Really? Besides show flashes that he might not suck at some point in his career, there's no earth shattering potential.

Face it, if LeBron's main goal is rings, New York is last on the list.

LOL what a hater..

-danillo played well even with a f**ked up back missing all of camp and the first half of the season.. it was a minor surgery, the rooster will be back, better than ever
-chandler showed flashed of not sucking? you mean single handidly taking it to the celtics WITH KG going right at him all night and putting on a show in a knick victory? chandler is a stud, future all star guarantee it lock it up take it to the bank
-lee will be back and if he isnt, its caused we moved him for something else of value
-d'antoni arguably could have a ring right now if not for bullsh*t suspensions.. proven it could not win championships? proved it how? by losing to a spurs dynasty that won like 3 times in 5-6 years?

if you are really trying to justify the cavs without lebron being a superior team than the knicks, you should stop posting because no one is going to take a homer like you seriously.. i mean that team is just garbage.. when lebron is on the court, they are +14, when he is off, they are -7.. thats 21 pts a game gone if he were not on your team.. 21.. the cavs hands down would not win 20 games without him and he won them 66.. with the knicks cast and cap room, i think he will be okay.. long as hes away from that trainwreck you call the cavs
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#35 » by Westfo3 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 4:31 am

Lets see cavs are already 10x better then the knicks and the knicks can't get any better besides a 8th pick in a weak draft yet the cavs have Wallace, Sasha, Z and MLE to use to get even better. Yea sucks to be the cavs :lol: .

Just one move makes us the best in the east by far...

Chandler, Posey for Wallace and #30

Plus we can sign Dice with MLE then trade sasha and take on some money for a top 20 pick and get a backup PG....

Mo, #20-10, West
West, Gibson, TK
Lebron, Posey, Wally
Dice, Andy, Hickson
Chandler, Z, Jackson, #47

I'd take the cavs bench over what the Knicks have. :lol:

Plus knicks can't even re-sign Lee and Nate if they want to try to get another star. So most likely you guys will have enough for just one max deal unless your GM takes a huge risk and let nate and lee walk. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy another losing season in 2009-2010...Oh and also not having your first round pick in 2010 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New York Mess should be your teams real name.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#36 » by daddyfivestar » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:01 am

What is funny is that if there was a Realgm back in '96 and people were on the trade boards and offseason plan threads saying Shaq leaves and goes to the Lakers... etc

It would've been "LMAO", "GTFO", "ROFL", "drug test", "ban", "worst idea ever proposed", "somebody raped" because the best young player in the game, surefire HOF, was suggested to be moved.

Get over it. It happens. Lebron may go - or get moved. Wade may go or get moved. Kobe might have gone two years ago. Jordan retired out of left field to play baseball (why again?). It happens - learn it, live it, love it.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#37 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Jun 6, 2009 9:53 am

The only teams that can trade for LeBron are championship teams that have so many assets they could give the Cavs the bank and still have a great player to play w/ LeBron.

For example a fair trade would be Gasol Bynum Odom Ariza for LeBron. LeBron would still have Kobe

Orlando could offer Nelson, Turk, Lewis and Alston for LeBron. LeBron would still have Howard.

The Celtics could offer Pierce, Allen and Rondo and LeBron would have KG for a few more years.

Then whatever team has 2 of the top 5 players in basketball will have to go after vets and players that want to win it all and reacquire good role players.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#38 » by Tekkenlaw » Sat Jun 6, 2009 10:30 am

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries present better options for LeBron?
They don't, but Devin Harris and Brook Lopez are both better than any of Lebron's teammates.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#39 » by ITK9 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 12:37 pm

well...if Lebron would tell Ferry that he will NOT re-sign next summer this trade is not bad at all for the Cavs.
daddyfivestar
Banned User

Post#40 » by daddyfivestar » Sat Jun 6, 2009 6:03 pm

Cleveland is in the same boat as Orlando in 95-96 and they were too confident Shaq would stay. Had they made a deal, any deal, they could've remained strong. They were in the Finals and ECF in Shaq's last 2 years, obviously due to Shaq but with a good cast. Say Orlando saw the writing on the wall and approached LA with
2 firsts, Eddie Jones, Van Exel, Elden Campbell and George Lynch for Shaq (s&t) and Darrell Armstrong.

Cleveland should think twice about the commitment to a player with an out and no NTC. Orlando suffered the consequence of thinking their star, recently off of Finals and ECF appearances, would ever leave. Big mistake. Sounds familiar.

An offer like that would've received rolling eyes and scoffs of lame package... no way does Orlando do that, trade the Best Young Player in the game for a few young good players and picks. But it would've been much better than the road they went down.

The firsts could have been a '98 and... the rights to the Charlotte pick LA acq'd in the Divac trade they made in order to make room for Shaq in the first place... Kobe Bean Bryant. Jerry West doesn't make the Peeler/Lynch trade because he doesn't need the cap space if an s&t is done. Orlando then is vastly improved and still a contender (maybe not quite championship anymore but still a strong mix of young and experienced).

Penny*/BShaw*/NVE
Eddie/Kobe
Nick Anderson*/Dennis Scott*
HoGrant*/Lynch/Jeff Turner*
Campbell/Amal McCaskill*/Gert Hammink*
(existing Orlando players after '96 draft)

Adding young stars Eddie and NVE plus Elden could've given them 14/8 as a serviceable center, Lynch was a decent energy role backup, and the picks of Kobe and in '98 the late first LA pick could've netted them a youngster named Rashard Lewis.

In the 11 years after Shaq left they went 6 first round exits and 5 no playoffs.

Welcome to your future..Cavs fans.

Return to Trades and Transactions