Tor/Cle - Bosh to Cleveland, plausible?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Tor/Cle - Bosh to Cleveland, plausible? 

Post#21 » by old rem » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:41 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Toronto gets:
JJ Hickson
Cleveland 2009, 2011 1sts
Ben Wallace's "about to be retire" contract
Sasha Pavlovic

Cleveland gets:
Chris Bosh
Jason Kapono

Raptor fans will probably kill me for this, but hear me out... Hickson is a decent enough project big, probably worth a lottery pick in this draft. Cle's 1sts will probably be scrubs, but hey, they're players right. The ace in the hole is the Wallace contract, though - With it coming off the books (assuming it becomes a sure thing he's going to retire), that supercharges our capspace this year and brings us down to a 30 mil payroll next year. OKC and Detroit are the only ones with capspace and neither need a SF, so if Atlanta can't afford Marvin Williams we could get him for sure.

So essentially the return would be Marvin, Hickson, and Cleveland's 1sts, plus we dump Kapono. Depending on if there's any better offers out there, that's not bad. We'd still have some capspace after that, too

Cleveland gets a real partner for Lebron and likely assures him sticking long term.

Even adding the negative of Kapono.....this is rather weak. However....unsigned the Raps don't have a real marketable item now. The Cavs obviously COULD value an unsigned Bosh way higher than most...and in this the Cavs give what few trade chips they have. Almost. I suspect Clev needs to put D West into this. Those picks are WAY low.
CENSORED... No comment.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#22 » by NashtyNas » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:26 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:I'd just like to state, for the record, that a Toronto fan created this thread, not a Cleveland fan.

Cleveland does this, obviously. We could also accommodate a Banks contract dump to sweeten it a little more.

Take Banks and give us Boobie and you got a deal; but only if Varejao gaurantees to sign with us or he's included in a S&T somehow. Then like someone said, we can sign Ben Gordon + Marvin Williams with all that cap space, draft Derozan + Danny Green and we're set + Cleveland is clearly set too.

Varejao/Rasho/Jawai
Bargs/Hickson/Humphries
Williams/Delfino/Green
Derozan/Gordon/Green
Calderon/Ukic/Gordon

:)

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#23 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:43 pm

^^^Something like...

Banks/Bosh/filler(if needed) for Hickson/2009/2011/Wallace/Gibson, coupled with Kapono/filler S&T for Varejao(3 years, 22 mil?)(the Cavs only make this deal because we agree to do it in return for the Bosh gift from Toronto)

However, quick thing I'd add is that this is obviously a crappy deal for Toronto in comparison to B-Ez and a possible Chicago deal, just me responding to the post above mine.
Mustachio
Sophomore

Post#24 » by Mustachio » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:10 pm

Wait... if Ben Wallace does retire, will his contract come off the books? No matter if that happens or not though, it's a terrible deal for Toronto. Barely any talent is given back, with Hickson and the 1st, while we pretty much give Cleveland a chance to become a dynasty for the next 10 years?
D-WestFan
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by D-WestFan » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:31 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:^^^Something like...

Banks/Bosh/filler(if needed) for Hickson/2009/2011/Wallace/Gibson, coupled with Kapono/filler S&T for Varejao(3 years, 22 mil?)(the Cavs only make this deal because we agree to do it in return for the Bosh gift from Toronto)

However, quick thing I'd add is that this is obviously a crappy deal for Toronto in comparison to B-Ez and a possible Chicago deal, just me responding to the post above mine.

theoretical line-up for the cavs would be...

Mo / Banks
Delonte / Kinsey
LeBron / Pavlovic
Bosh / Darnell
Z / ?

I like it, still need to sign someone like Childress for MLE or Kidd for BAE; and we'll need a new C soon...
GIZMO
Analyst
And1: 1,771

Post#26 » by GIZMO » Sun Jun 7, 2009 11:48 pm

Good Lord Dr. Mufasa, you hit an all time low with this deal.
Your deals just keep getting worse for TO!! Are you sure you are a Raptor fan?
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by bcortell » Mon Jun 8, 2009 1:13 am

D-WestFan wrote:

Mo / Banks
Delonte / Kinsey
LeBron / Pavlovic
Bosh / Darnell
Z / ?

I like it, still need to sign someone like Childress for MLE or Kidd for BAE; and we'll need a new C soon...

Gortat (or more likely Zaza) for the MLE and Kidd for BAE. Plus, we might be able to buy a 1st and/or a second. And, we'll still have Chi's 2nd if we don't include it in the trade.

Kidd/Mo/Banks
Mo/Delonte/Kapono
Bron/Kapono/ Pick
Bosh/Darnell
Z/ Gortat (Zaza)

(And yes, I think both Kidd and Mo would start, and Delonte comes out as the 6th man)
D-WestFan
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by D-WestFan » Mon Jun 8, 2009 2:07 am

bcortell wrote:
D-WestFan wrote:

Mo / Banks
Delonte / Kinsey
LeBron / Pavlovic
Bosh / Darnell
Z / ?

Gortat (or more likely Zaza) for the MLE and Kidd for BAE. Plus, we might be able to buy a 1st and/or a second. And, we'll still have Chi's 2nd if we don't include it in the trade.

Kidd/Mo/Banks
Mo/Delonte/Kapono
Bron/Kapono/ Pick
Bosh/Darnell
Z/ Gortat (Zaza)

(And yes, I think both Kidd and Mo would start, and Delonte comes out as the 6th man)

I Agree, but Mo woul be PG and Kidd SG :P Mo would guard PG's and kidd would guard SGs :D

Honestly, Zaza or Gortat would start over Z, and i hope the cavs would try and sign someone like birdman as well..
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#29 » by bcortell » Mon Jun 8, 2009 2:33 am

We don't have enough to sign two of zaza, gortat, and birdman.
D-WestFan
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by D-WestFan » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:08 am

bcortell wrote:We don't have enough to sign two of zaza, gortat, and birdman.

Sasha + Pick(s) for ZaZa (S&T)
MLE On Birdman
BAE Kidd

Mo / Banks
Kidd / Delonte
LeBron / Kinsey
Bosh / Birdman / Darnell
ZaZa / Z

Re-Sign Wally, Give him PT at SG / SF... might need to re-sign joe for depth...

Return to Trades and Transactions