Cle-Clippers-Warriors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Cle-Clippers-Warriors 

Post#1 » by SportsInfoBar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:49 am

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=lexqyc

Cavs in: Camby, Maggette
Cavs out:Ben Wallace, Trey Johnson (had to add to get numbers to work)

Gives us a slasher/athlete in Maggette and a defensive center, we can then sign Sheed and we still have Sasha's partial contract to work with.

Mo-West
West-Maggette-boobie
lebron-Maggette
Sheed-Andy-Hickson-Jackson
Camby-Z-Andy-Jackson

GS in: Baron Davis, Trey Johnson (just filler)
GS out: Monta, Maggette

In essense you trade Monta for Davis to get out of Maggette's contract...the rumors say that GS is tired of Monta and he may even want to be traded. This gets Baron back where he is comfortable.
Maybe the Clips throw in a pick, 09 2nd? GS Fans would have to let me know what they think of Monta...

LA Clips in: Monta Ellis, Ben Wallace
LA Clips out: Baron Davis and Marcus Camby

This allows the Clips to get younger at PG, allows them to dump Camby for Wallace who will get bought out and retire....thus freeing up more time for Griffen to play. Get out of the Davis contract as he clearly was not happy last year.
dom80e
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Cle-Clippers-Warriors 

Post#2 » by dom80e » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 am

Davis' contract is worse than Maggette's.

Change Ellis to Crawford and GS probably does it. I think LA still does it just to get out of Davis' deal.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#3 » by TB » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 am

Didn't the clips already offer us Baron for Maggette at the deadline?

Now we have to give them Monta? Doesn't make sense to me.

As for Monta, whats being reported is based off a blog from a total douche of a writer that is known to seek attention. Could Monta be mad... ya probably, he is a bit of a head case... but he is still the best player on our team.
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by SportsInfoBar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 am

TB wrote:Didn't the clips already offer us Baron for Maggette at the deadline?

Now we have to give them Monta? Doesn't make sense to me.

As for Monta, whats being reported is based off a blog from a total douche of a writer that is known to seek attention. Could Monta be mad... ya probably, he is a bit of a head case... but he is still the best player on our team.

This is the feedback I am looking for....

I am sure Clips do this even if it is Crawford, none of the trade machines allow Crawford to be included...so not 100% sure if the #'s match up here...would Crawford be better in this deal?

I think because Ellis is a Base Year Compensation player this deal essentially allows you to dump twice the salary in one deal by including Ellis. That is why I thought it might be attractive for Golden St., get rid of 2 huge contracts, one of which may be wanting to be traded anyway, and get back a player that seemed to thrive there and also seemed to be a fan favorite.

I don't think having Ellis and Davis play together maximizes either player...towards the end of their last year, Ellis was the point guard pretty much and Davis played a lot off the ball, which is just not his strength. At least that is how I saw it, granted I didn't watch the Warriors as much as some of you though.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#5 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:59 am

Davis has a bigger contract than both Ellis and Maggette. So we're dumping 2 huge contracts (who are productive players) for 1 even bigger contract for a non-productive player.

GSW easily declines.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#6 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 am

Don't listen to unquoted stories on the wiretap, guys.
RevMan26
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by RevMan26 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 am

Don't really see why almost every Cav fan (besides me) seems to have high interest in Sheed.
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by SportsInfoBar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:45 am

RevMan26 wrote:Don't really see why almost every Cav fan (besides me) seems to have high interest in Sheed.

Because he can guard Howard 1 on 1 and he will make Howard guard him away from the hoop, opening up the lane for more Lebron drives. (why do you think Detroit has such good success against Orlando?)

He does not have to be an all star, he just needs to do those two things....and properly motivated and healthy I still think he has 2 good years left.

As for this trade....do warriors fans like it if it is Crawford and Maggette that go? Do you even want Davis back in that scenario?

I am not just taking what the wiretap says...there has been friction ever since Monta lied about how he got hurt. The Warriors were keeping open the option of even voiding the contract.
dom80e
Analyst

Post#9 » by dom80e » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 am

SportsInfoBar wrote:As for this trade....do warriors fans like it if it is Crawford and Maggette that go? Do you even want Davis back in that scenario?

We don't really like any trade where Davis comes back, but most could live with Maggettte and Crawford for Davis.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#10 » by turk3d » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Davis is not coming back to Oakland unless he's playing with Monta (a proven success) and Zack's not coming under any circumstances. We're not in the business of helping Cleveland get their ring. That's somebody else's job.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Change Monta to Crawford and I'd consider it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#12 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:46 pm

OP, fairly sure that Monta's BYC status is over July 1st... w/no picks involved, the deadline to do this trade would be 2 weeks...
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#13 » by tidho » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm

That's pretty good value for Wallace's expiring, and I love Camby but...

Camby doesn't solve the Orlando problem because he's a help defender. Andy's a really good help defender too and their style completely neutralized his defensive value. I don't see maggette fitting in either, his game seems very Larry Hughes like to me.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#14 » by mcfly1204 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:43 pm

I would like Maggette coming off the bench as a sixth man, but I'm not so sure when I factor in his contract. I agree about Camby, he's not a great man defender, I do not see him helping a lot in Cleveland.
Well at least we're not Detroit!

Return to Trades and Transactions