Rumor: Devin Harris for Ricky Rubio (Memphis)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Rumor: Devin Harris for Ricky Rubio (Memphis) 

Post#21 » by Preludepunk27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 am

Harry10 wrote:I posted this weeks ago!

NJN gets: Ricky Rubio, Darko Milicic (1yr contract)
NJN gives: Devin Harris, Jarvis Hayes (1yr contract)

MEM gets: Al Horford, Speedy Claxton (1yr contract)
MEM gives: Ricky Rubio, Darko Milicic (1yr contract)

ATL gets: Devin Harris, Jarvis Hayes (1yr contract)
ATL gives: Al Horford, Speedy Claxton (1yr contract)

MEM wants Griffin, but can't get him, so Griz get another young quality PF

NJN gives up a really good PG, but gets a good young PG on a rookie contract along with a big expirering contract. this will give the Nets even more room to get Lebron and Bosh and still have a quality young PG. Rubio and his agent should be very very happy in going to such a huge market in New Jersey.

ATL trades away their starting center, but gets a very good PG. with Bibby gone, Hawks might have enough to get a center in FA, or trade for Kaman, or Mullen at the 19th pick.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=907484

Christ you gotta be kidding me?

Thorn would never do this.
tbfan04
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by tbfan04 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am

Come on really. I love Devin Harris, but I would be upset if the grizz did this. Rubio is measuring at 6'6" with shoes on!!!!! He was the defensive player of the year in the second best league in the world. To say that he won't be as good of a defender as Harris is absolutely ludacris.

I worry more about his offensive abilities than his defensive abilities.

But no way I give up a 6'6" 18 yo Pure Point Guard
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#23 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I was just saying last night that although Devin is NOT untouchable, a team would have to bowl us over in order to part with him. Ricky Rubio is not enough to bowl us over on his own, but this Nets fan would be very receptive to the right type of deal involving these two.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#24 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm

My version:

Rubio, Gay, Darko, Jaric

for

Harris, VC, Swat

NJ
Rubio / Dooling / Jaric
#11 / CDR / Hassell
Gay / Simmons / Hayes
Anderson / Yi / Najera
Lopez / Darko / Boone

MEM
Harris / Conley / #28
Mayo / Buchner
VC / Warrick
Arthur / Swat
Gasol / Haddadi
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Preludepunk27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 pm

^^^ Either you're in love with Rubio or you are banking on the top tier 2010 FA dream. No way is that trade better than mine in the other thread. This makes us a top 5 pick next year. But hey, if that's you're goal cause it's a great draft next year, then I understand and completely agree with this trade lol.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#26 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Preludepunk27 wrote:^^^ Either you're in love with Rubio or you are banking on the top tier 2010 FA dream. No way is that trade better than mine in the other thread. This makes us a top 5 pick next year. But hey, if that's you're goal cause it's a great draft next year, then I understand and completely agree with this trade lol.

I'm thinking a couple things....
I like Rubio, but not as much as Devin
Yes we take a step back next year and get a much better pick, but that happens regardless if we trade Devin or VC.
We shed VC's contract which helps us get better FA's and more FA's, not necessarily LBJ or Bosh.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Preludepunk27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Preludepunk27 wrote:^^^ Either you're in love with Rubio or you are banking on the top tier 2010 FA dream. No way is that trade better than mine in the other thread. This makes us a top 5 pick next year. But hey, if that's you're goal cause it's a great draft next year, then I understand and completely agree with this trade lol.

I'm thinking a couple things....
I like Rubio, but not as much as Devin
Yes we take a step back next year and get a much better pick, but that happens regardless if we trade Devin or VC.
We shed VC's contract which helps us get better FA's and more FA's, not necessarily LBJ or Bosh.

I definitely can understand this logic. I know a lot of Net fans have similar sentiments (especially towards Vince). I would hope we got a little more value for Vince AND Devin.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#28 » by Benjammin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm

tbfan04 wrote:Come on really. I love Devin Harris, but I would be upset if the grizz did this. Rubio is measuring at 6'6" with shoes on!!!!! He was the defensive player of the year in the second best league in the world. To say that he won't be as good of a defender as Harris is absolutely ludacris.

I worry more about his offensive abilities than his defensive abilities.

But no way I give up a 6'6" 18 yo Pure Point Guard

Do you have a link for that? I am definitely interested in seeing that. I'm sure Rubio could measure 6'6" in stilettos.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#29 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't buy this rumor at all.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#30 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:06 pm

IMO a fair deal for both is.

Harris+#11 for Gay+#2(Rubio)
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#31 » by I am Ra » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:IMO a fair deal for both is.

see you can make fair trades when it doesn't come to the Raptors. :wink:
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Preludepunk27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:IMO a fair deal for both is.

Basically why in my other deal I turned Gay + #2 into Kevin Love + #7 + #28 to avoid the Nets having to cough up the #11 pick lol. But I agree I think Harris/11 for Gay/2 is fair. I could sit it happening if the Nets still want a platoon of Yi/Anderson starting at the 4 next year or if they want to keep some chips to try to land Boozer this year or Amare/Bosh next year.

Would Harris + better of our 2 picks next year for Gay + #2 be of interest? or maybe throw in GSW's 2011 pick to the party? I'll admit I'm being greedy as hell right now. The idea of having a starting 5 of Rubio/Vince/Gay/Clark/Lopez has me foaming at the mouth.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#33 » by CB-Blazer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Memphis trying to bump up Rubio's value, simple as that.
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#34 » by perezident » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:35 pm

What he said^^^^

Im just waiting for Kiki or Thorn to totally call this bogus rumor out and basically RIP this crap
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,560

Post#35 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Why do the Grizz need Harris. Didn't Conley prove himself as the teams starting PG......

It would make more sense to flip Harris for a legit big man (Stoudamire?)
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#36 » by Downtown » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I can't see the Nets doing this either, but if it was to happen would it make more sense to get Conley in return and draft Harden instead?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#37 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 pm

I can *kind* of see where the Nets are coming from... Harris is a great scoring PG like Marbury/Francis, but like those guys if they center the team around him dominating the shots I can't see them being more than a 1st round/2nd round if lucky knockout. They need to make Lopez the man if they want to be a serious contender one day IMO. Going with Rubio/Lopez instead is a big gamble, but your ceiling with those two guys rises from 1st/2nd round knockout to multiple title team.

Adding in the Gay/#11 provision makes more sense, though

Harris doesn't fit beside Mayo, but is otherwise perfect for the Griz with his friendly contract and playing on a weak team where he can score as much as he wants
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,879

Post#38 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Downtown wrote:I can't see the Nets doing this either, but if it was to happen would it make more sense to get Conley in return and draft Harden instead?

Yes, and Conley and the 2 (Harden) is closer value-wise also.
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#39 » by spidythejoe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:01 pm

The only rational I can see for even considering a trade like this would be to, once again, clear cap space for the summer of 2010. If Jay-Z really thinks Lebron and a big names friend will come and play in Brooklyn, moving Devin Harris' large (exceedingly reasonable) for a top PG prospect might be the way. A Carter trade would absolutely have to be line-up already for this to be considered.

Realistically though, this is Chris Wallace blowing smoke up the a$$es other teams he is trying to trade the #2 pick to.
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Preludepunk27 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 pm

spidythejoe wrote:The only rational I can see for even considering a trade like this would be to, once again, clear cap space for the summer of 2010. If Jay-Z really thinks Lebron and a big names friend will come and play in Brooklyn, moving Devin Harris' large (exceedingly reasonable) for a top PG prospect might be the way. A Carter trade would absolutely have to be line-up already for this to be considered.

Realistically though, this is Chris Wallace blowing smoke up the a$$es other teams he is trying to trade the #2 pick to.

First I agree with the Chris Wallace thing. Teams know Rubio really doesn't want to play in Memphis. He's got a difficult situation with his buyout anyway. I can't see them lucking out on Harris for #2 straight up. I'm not saying Nets will rob them blind if it goes down, just saying there has to be more to this situation.

As for what I have bolded, we almost have enough for a max contract. Doolin's contract is set up for a small buyout. Basically if we can figure a way to get Najera out of town, we have the space. The Nets will NEVER get 2 max players, so the need to move Devin & Vince really isn't necessary unless we get an offer that a) saves us money as well as b) makes us better after the deal. The only way we could get 2 max players would be is if we somehow signed Lebron first. We have a decent young core, but it's not enough for Lebron to be like "Man, I'd really like to play with Ryan Anderson...Championship!" We'd have to sign someone before him then make a push. I don't think we'll be able to do that. But I think, even with Vince on the end of his career, coming to play with Devin and Vince and our young core would be 10 times more appealing than just a young core of Rubio/Brook and whoever steps up.

I'm rambling, but we can potentially nab a guy like Terrence Williams or another solid guy who can step in when Vince is done and a max contract guy would be ok with it.

I just think moving Devin and Vince would work against us un we're just dumping salary.

Return to Trades and Transactions