Suns possible moves (Including Amare to GSW)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Suns possible moves (Including Amare to GSW) 

Post#1 » by jlove_26 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Ok, for me if this rumored deal with GSW goes through, then what do we do to make the team better still? Trade Wallace to NOH for Chandler? Trade Wallace to LAC for Camby? J-Rich to Philly for Dalembert? Try and turn Biedrins for something? I dont like trying to trade Wallace to Sixers for Brand (because of his deal). Nash dealt? A couple options I've thought about are:

Wallace to NYK for Lee (S&T), and James (Insurance covered 80%)?

NY Times is saying that NYK most likely will let Nate Robinson and Lee walk or do S&T with the aquisitions of Hill and the PG they picked with the Lakers 1st round pick. This would give the Suns another rebounder that worked really well in the uptempo game and would look good next to Biedrins.

Wallace to Orlando for Turkoglu (S&T)? Orlando was looking like they were gonna let Turkoglu go anyways due to the money he'd want in return. He's a go-to late game changer. That's another reason they went after and got Carter. If Orlando is just gonna let him go, why not get nothing for salary relief? Turkoglu would be our new SF and threat from everywhere.

If the Amare deal goes through, then we are definitely in rebuild mode. What about a Nash to NYK and D'Antoni again? Rumors have been abundant about that as well. Nash for Chandler, J. Hill and James (80% insurance covered)? I kinda have a feeling that a Nash to NYK was on the table in the first place with it contingent on Hill being available.

New look Suns if Nash deal and Amare deal go through:

Barbosa/Curry/Dragic

J-Rich/Bellinelli or Azibuike

Chandler/Dudley/Tucker/Griffin

J. Hill/Wright/Amundson

Biedrins/Fropez

+ whatever we can get for Wallace

The rumored GSW deal was contingent on Curry or Hill being available. This way the Suns get both of them.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Re: Suns possible moves (Including Amare to GSW) 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Larry Riley said that Curry isn't getting traded. http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... curry_now/

The deal minus Curry would be fine with me.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:08 pm

It looks like Amare is not willing to sign a deal and GSW wants to keep Curry. I can't see anyone doing a S+T to get an expiring Wallace...what possible reason for that?

NYK will happily dump the guys they want to dump to have Nash instead...but their big scheme has been to get LeBron and to have SOME talent around him...not just the last year of Nash's career.
You could get Jeffries and whatever..not Hill AND Chandler. Unsigned...Amare? GSW might give Maggette + Jackson...and NO young low $ talent or bigs.
CENSORED... No comment.
jlove_26
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by jlove_26 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm

gswhoops wrote:Larry Riley said that Curry isn't getting traded. http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... curry_now/

For me and most Suns fans here are the deals we'd accept (to include Amare extending with GSW):

Curry, Biedrins, Wright, and Belinelli

Curry, Biedrins, Wright, and Azubuike

Biedrins, Azubuike and Randolph

Biedrins, Belinelli and Randolph

So in essence, if Curry is off the table, then Wright is removed and add in Randolph
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 pm

jlove_26 wrote:Wallace to NYK for Lee (S&T), and James (Insurance covered 80%)?

NY Times is saying that NYK most likely will let Nate Robinson and Lee walk or do S&T with the aquisitions of Hill and the PG they picked with the Lakers 1st round pick. This would give the Suns another rebounder that worked really well in the uptempo game and would look good next to Biedrins.

Wallace to Orlando for Turkoglu (S&T)? Orlando was looking like they were gonna let Turkoglu go anyways due to the money he'd want in return. He's a go-to late game changer. That's another reason they went after and got Carter. If Orlando is just gonna let him go, why not get nothing for salary relief? Turkoglu would be our new SF and threat from everywhere.

Why would either of these teams (or anyone, really) S&T useful players for Wallace? They'd be better off just letting the guys walk and saving money.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by lakerhater » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:22 pm

jlove_26 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Larry Riley said that Curry isn't getting traded. http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... curry_now/

For me and most Suns fans here are the deals we'd accept (to include Amare extending with GSW):

So in essence, if Curry is off the table, then Wright is removed and add in Randolph

Curry and Randolph won't be traded by the Warriors. Looks like Amare will be going somewhere else or staying in Phoenix if that's what the Suns want from the Warriors.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:23 pm

jlove_26 wrote:

Then it's not going to happen. Randolph is virtually untouchable.
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#8 » by JustMoe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 pm

jlove_26 wrote:

Guess us Suns fans will be pretty disappointed then since the Warriors certainly won't throw in Randolph, and from the looks of things atm we won't be getting Curry, either. Hill might have been available, but Curry - doubt it.

Personally, I don't like us rebuilding this season since it just doesn't make sense to screw up the whole team while some other franchise owns your 1st rounder. But since Kerr's our manager we obviously shouldn't expect any smart moves anyway.
That aside, a Biedrins/Bellinelli/Wright package isn't exactly bad in exchange for a guy who most likely won't resign with the Suns anyway. I know it's hard to believe, but Andris would actually be a big man who plays defense...can't remember the last time that happened on our team :lol:
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#9 » by lakerhater » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Biedrins, Belinelli and Wright = done deal for the Warriors.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#10 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 pm

RIley is doing damage control. Curry will be in the deal.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
jlove_26
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by jlove_26 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

JustMoe wrote:
jlove_26 wrote:

Guess us Suns fans will be pretty disappointed then since the Warriors certainly won't throw in Randolph, and from the looks of things atm we won't be getting Curry, either. Hill might have been available, but Curry - doubt it.

Personally, I don't like us rebuilding this season since it just doesn't make sense to screw up the whole team while some other franchise owns your 1st rounder. But since Kerr's our manager we obviously shouldn't expect any smart moves anyway.
That aside, a Biedrins/Bellinelli/Wright package isn't exactly bad in exchange for a guy who most likely won't resign with the Suns anyway. I know it's hard to believe, but Andris would actually be a big man who plays defense...can't remember the last time that happened on our team :lol:

Biedrins isn't a defender. He's a rebounder. He's got a worse PER than Amare ever has at PF or Center.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#12 » by lakerhater » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Randolph's development is the reason the Warriors don't need to overpay for Amare. Adding Curry is too much.
jlove_26
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by jlove_26 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 pm

Oh, and me personally, I take back the fact that Randolph is a must if Curry is removed. I'd take adding in Morrow to the proposed deal (If need be the Suns add in Tucker)
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#14 » by noobcake » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Why would GSW trade for a one year rental of A'mare when they are clearly not contenders?

Why is A'mare gonna pick up his player option or resign with them?
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#15 » by lakerhater » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 pm

I don't want to trade Morrow either. Biedrins, Belinelli (or Buke maybe both) and Wright.

Here's a great mix of Randolph and Morrow going off on the suns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsepV-kEIkY
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:55 pm

jlove_26 wrote:Oh, and me personally, I take back the fact that Randolph is a must if Curry is removed. I'd take adding in Morrow to the proposed deal (If need be the Suns add in Tucker)

Since when does Phoenix have ANY leverage in these talks?

Phoenix pretty much has to move Amare or they will lose him for nothing in a year. GS can stand pat and keep adding pieces around Ellis, Randolph and Biedrins to build a team the right way. All the leverage is in GS' camp...if Kerr tries to play hardball (which clearly is not his strong suit, given the way the Shaq deal worked out) then the Warriors will just walk away.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:RIley is doing damage control. Curry will be in the deal.

Perhaps, but Larry Riley has been a pretty straight shooter since he took over the GM job...he was talking about how he wanted Curry or Hill two weeks ago, he was honest about his conversation with Monta after the bogus Kawakami rumor popped up, etc...He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would say he was planning to hold on to Curry while actually planning to trade him.

Of course, that's all speculation, but it's my two cents. If I had to guess, Curry will be a Warrior on opening day.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#18 » by Warriorfan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:10 pm

I don't know how many teams are a serious trade options for Phoenix.
The thing with Curry he is the type of player you surround your Superstar Stoudmire with.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#19 » by don nelson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 pm

lakerhater wrote:
jlove_26 wrote:

Curry and Randolph won't be traded by the Warriors. Looks like Amare will be going somewhere else or staying in Phoenix if that's what the Suns want from the Warriors.

+1. The Warriors need to just walk away and let the Suns find a more desirable deal for Amare.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#20 » by Rockazoids » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 pm

jlove_26 wrote: Wallace to NYK for Lee (S&T), and James (Insurance covered 80%)?
+ whatever we can get for Wallace
The rumored GSW deal was contingent on Curry or Hill being available. This way the Suns get both of them.

That would be Cuttino Mobley, not J. James, & Why would NY want Wallace?
What would be the point? Only way NY would take Wallace is if they were sending out there Curry.
Also why in the world would NY trade Mobley deal just to pay Has Been Wallaces whole deal?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.

Return to Trades and Transactions