GS/PHX/PHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

GS/PHX/PHI 

Post#1 » by yehyeh82 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Alright, I can't really check how this can work, but it's the idea that counts.

GS Out: Biedrins, Monta, Wright
GS In: S&T Miller, Amare, 2011 PHI Lottery Protected #1

PHX Out: Amare
PHX In: Biedrins, Wright, Louis WIlliams

PHI Out: S&T Miller, Williams, 2011 Lottery Protected #1
Phi In: Monta

This deal would be pending medical examinations by PHI and GS on Monta and Amare respectively. Tell me what you think and what changes could be made.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
PhenomThad31
Junior
And1: 0

Re: GS/PHX/PHI 

Post#2 » by PhenomThad31 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:49 pm

done done done done done done done
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#3 » by yehyeh82 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:10 pm

My bad, I got my teams mixed up for a second. Double check edited trade and tell me what you think...
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#4 » by Warriorfan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Philly would be giving up a lot for Monta and Phoenix would be getting less for Amare,
Ticket_Stub
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Ticket_Stub » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 pm

This is a good deal for everyone in my mind. PHI basically gives up Lou Will and a protected #1 for Monta. If they just stood pat Andre Miller might leave in free agency anyways so it's good for them to get some value in return. Phoenix gets a very good part of this deal even though they give up their franchise PF they get 3 young very talented players. GS gets their franchise player, a very capable PG and a future pick.
J-Slim wrote:Raptors Trade:
Chris Bosh

Raptors Get:
Kevin Garnett
Rajon Rondo

Modern Art
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/sp ... mpshot.jpg
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#6 » by CellarDoor » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Seems like a bit of value was shaved off Phoenix and GSW and sent to Philly...
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#7 » by corwin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:11 am

Isn't Lou Williams just a lesser version of Monta Ellis? I don't know, I just don't see the point of the trade from the Sixers point of view.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,720

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 am

No way the Warriors take this deal. Ellis is worth way more then what Philly gives up.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#9 » by don nelson » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 am

gswhoops wrote:No way the Warriors take this deal. Ellis is worth way more then what Philly gives up.

+1. Philly needs to add Speights, Young, Holiday and unprotected picks at the minimum to even be in this deal. Otherwise this trade should immediately eliminate the 76ers before discussions proceed. If Philly feels that's too much value to give up then the 76ers need to bow out now.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#10 » by Foshan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:12 am

don nelson wrote:
gswhoops wrote:No way the Warriors take this deal. Ellis is worth way more then what Philly gives up.

+1. Philly needs to add Speights, Young, Holiday and unprotected picks at the minimum to even be in this deal.

lololololololololololololololol

<deep breath>

while the original trade as mentioned might be a little off, speights + young + jrue + picks? thats funny.
don nelson
Head Coach

Post#11 » by don nelson » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 am

Foshan wrote:
don nelson wrote:

+1. Philly needs to add Speights, Young, Holiday and unprotected picks at the minimum to even be in this deal.

<deep breath>

while the original trade as mentioned might be a little off, speights + young + jrue + picks? thats funny.

You can laugh all you want but the original trade is no more off than the 76ers adding Speights, Young, Holiday and picks. The only role the 76ers play in this deal is blood sucking leech.
dom80e
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#12 » by dom80e » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:45 am

Adding Holiday to Pho seems like it would be closer.

Maybe a bit bigger.

GS trades Ellis, Biedrins, Wright, and Belinelli for Amare, Barbosa, Clark, pick back from Phi.

Phi trades Miller, Williams, Holiday, and GS pick for Ellis and Belinelli.

Pho trades Amare, Barbosa, and Clark for Miller, Biedrins, Wright, Williams, and Holiday.
don nelson
Head Coach

Post#13 » by don nelson » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 am

dom80e wrote:Adding Holiday to Pho seems like it would be closer.

Maybe a bit bigger.

GS trades Ellis, Biedrins, Wright, and Belinelli for Amare, Barbosa, Clark, pick back from Phi.

Phi trades Miller, Williams, Holiday, and GS pick for Ellis and Belinelli.

Pho trades Amare, Barbosa, and Clark for Miller, Biedrins, Wright, Williams, and Holiday.

All you did was change the #1 to Holiday. That's still totally unacceptable. The Warriors need the pick and Speights a lot more than Holiday if Golden State is trading away Biedrins.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#14 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 am

don nelson wrote:

+1. Philly needs to add Speights, Young, Holiday and unprotected picks at the minimum to even be in this deal. Otherwise this trade should immediately eliminate the 76ers before discussions proceed. If Philly feels that's too much value to give up then the 76ers need to bow out now.

1) PHI Out: S&T Miller, Williams, 2011 Lottery Protected #1

2) PHI Out: S&T Miller, Young, Speights, Holiday, Williams, 2011 unprotected #1

Yeah, I can see how the 2nd one would be fair...

If Monta is a nickname for LeBron...
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,720

Post#15 » by gswhoops » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:24 am

^^ Of course adding in Speights and Young is too much, but the original offer isn't even close either.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#16 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:32 am

Wasn't the rumored deal Biedrins, Azubuike, and Wright for Amare? So that's Ellis for Miller, Azubuike, and a 1st. That doesn't seem so terrible. I think it would be fair if the 1st was replaced by Speights. Ellis for Miller, Azubuike, and Speights. You gotta say that's pretty close.

Return to Trades and Transactions