Houston/Phoenix

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Houston/Phoenix 

Post#1 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jul 9, 2009 4:59 am

Phoenix sends Richardson + Wallace for Cook + McGrady + Landry

Would you guys do it? How bad is it giving up Landry? For me, Dorsey+Lowry to replace Landry gets it done too, is that better for you guys?

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Re: Houston/Phoenix 

Post#2 » by NetsForce » Thu Jul 9, 2009 5:01 am

I don't think the Rockets would throw in Landry... And they can't really afford to give up Lowry... They'd probably be willing to part with Dorsey though.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#3 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jul 9, 2009 5:04 am

Well, they're getting an expiring C that could spell them when/if Yao is out + Richardson to replace Yao. I think they could afford to give up one of Lowry/Landry for this.. without that, there's really not much reason for the Suns to pull this deal.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
jarrettjackfan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by jarrettjackfan » Thu Jul 9, 2009 5:12 am

I think they might throw Landry in, I'm not sure though. If they don't then the deal is off so that's the deal maker or breaker right there.
http://realsportszone.com/forum/index.php
Check out this all sports fan site. I'm The Lone Granger there.

WELCOME TO INDIANA DARREN COLLISON!
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#5 » by RoxFan08 » Thu Jul 9, 2009 5:35 am

Frankly, if we are including Landry and Tmac, we'd prefer to expand it to include Amare.
SW567
Sophomore

Post#6 » by SW567 » Thu Jul 9, 2009 5:55 am

How about if you replace Landry with Budinger and our 2010 1st round pick? Or how about Battier? Would you have any interest in him?
thaAteam wrote:
SW567 wrote:You make it sound like the Bulls were right not to give up Hinrich and Deng for Kobe.

rhey were right for it, the package would have included more and they woldnt have rose or be a contender so it was a great move.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#7 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jul 9, 2009 6:53 am

SW567 wrote:How about if you replace Landry with Budinger and our 2010 1st round pick? Or how about Battier? Would you have any interest in him?

I wouldnt, but Kerr would. Budinger is like Kerr's Godson and has a massive hard on for him. Im surprise he hasnt already called HOU and made some kind of offer for him.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#8 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jul 9, 2009 7:52 am

I wouldn't mind future first + Budinger + TMAC + Cook for Rich + Wallace.

jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#9 » by jlove_26 » Thu Jul 9, 2009 2:14 pm

Why is everyone trying to pawn off the much injured T-Mac on the Suns? Although I'd love to get Landry/Budinger and a future first, the Suns don't need Cook, nor do they need to downgrade at SG from J-Rich to T-Mac. The Suns don't need a SG swap, they need a center, how does T-Mac fill that need? They don't. Houston has shown they dont need T-Mac or Yao to win, and they got the better of the Artest/Ariza swap too. Why would the Suns help out a fellow Western Conference team in giving them yet another weapon for, in essence, an expendable player? NOT!!!
wadero
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by wadero » Thu Jul 9, 2009 2:45 pm

because your owner is running out of $ and getting Tmac saves you a ton of money in 2010!!! It amaizing to me to hear Suns fans say why would we do that trade? You team is running out of Money your owner does not want to pay the $$$$$. it is not a matter of insulting Suns Fans but your owner is trying to not pay up!!!!
Listen to the lunatic inside you
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#11 » by jlove_26 » Thu Jul 9, 2009 2:47 pm

wadero wrote:because your owner is running out of $ and getting Tmac saves you a ton of money in 2010!!! It amaizing to me to hear Suns fans say why would we do that trade? You team is running out of Money your owner does not want to pay the $$$$$. it is not a matter of insulting Suns Fans but your owner is trying to not pay up!!!!

How is Sarver running out of money? The Shaq to Cavs deal was money related but any moves now will be for basketball reason to better the team now and long term. Yes, the Suns ownership and management are on par with the Clippers, but they are at or just below the LT threshold and that's all they wanted.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#12 » by rsavaj » Thu Jul 9, 2009 2:52 pm

sd1306 wrote:I wouldn't mind future first + Budinger + TMAC + Cook for Rich + Wallace.

2010 first, Budinger, TMAC, Cook...meh, sure. Throw in Joey Dorsey and we'll throw in the Lesser Griffin...that seals the deal for me.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#13 » by KiDdFrESh » Thu Jul 9, 2009 3:05 pm

Richardson and Wallace wont make us that much better. We will still miss the playoffs likely or be another first round exit team. I'm sure the Rockets would decline and take their chances in FA.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#14 » by RoxFan08 » Thu Jul 9, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah, that 2010 first would need lottery protection at the very least.

Return to Trades and Transactions