4 team deal:Boozer to Heat, Prince to Blazers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Re: 4 team deal:Boozer to Heat, Prince to Blazers 

Post#21 » by vege » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

vege wrote:Prince is not going to be moved for garbage/spare parts. Period.

I guess i need to post it again. The deal is laughable.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by bcortell » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:21 pm

qclakers wrote:
bcortell wrote:
qclakers wrote:Utah is not giving up Koufus and the pick just to dump Boozer. it is also because they land Rudy and Outlaw and stay out of luxury tax hell. And POR would be getting Tay for two yrs and if he wanted a huge deal after that then Batum and Claver should be ready to take over. I know POR and Utah are division rivals so trades between the two are not common but these GM's are focused on getting better and if the deal does that they dont care who it is with. Its not like they are gifting Rudy to Utah. They are getting the much better player out of the deal.

Utah won't give up either Koufos or the pick to "dump" Boozer.

Did you not read the first line. You give those things up to get out of the tax and gain an up and coming two guard to pair with Williams(finally) and Outlaw who would fit nicely as the starting three.

Okur/Fesenko
Millsap/AK
Outlaw/Korver
Rudy/Brewer/Miles
DWill/Price/Maynor

Thats a solid and deep team with no tax. However it doesn't matter because apparently Rudy is only avilable for CP3 or LeBron.

I read the first line perfectly. You didn't understand the emphasis I was putting on it. :roll:
qclakers
Rookie

Post#23 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:31 pm

qclakers wrote:
bcortell wrote:
qclakers wrote:Utah is not giving up Koufus and the pick just to dump Boozer. it is also because they land Rudy and Outlaw and stay out of luxury tax hell. And POR would be getting Tay for two yrs and if he wanted a huge deal after that then Batum and Claver should be ready to take over. I know POR and Utah are division rivals so trades between the two are not common but these GM's are focused on getting better and if the deal does that they dont care who it is with. Its not like they are gifting Rudy to Utah. They are getting the much better player out of the deal.

Utah won't give up either Koufos or the pick to "dump" Boozer.

Did you not read the first line. You give those things up to get out of the tax and gain an up and coming two guard to pair with Williams(finally) and Outlaw who would fit nicely as the starting three.

Okur/Fesenko
Millsap/AK
Outlaw/Korver
Rudy/Brewer/Miles
DWill/Price/Maynor

Thats a solid and deep team with no tax. However it doesn't matter because apparently Rudy is only avilable for CP3 or LeBron.

I read the first line perfectly. You didn't understand the emphasis I was putting on it. :roll:[/quote]

It is kind of hard to understand emphasis through text. Next time use bold. :D I understand it may not be the best option for Utah but I thought I had to include it to avoid the man love parade from POR. Wanted to avoid the "you are not getting Rudy for just so and so" and I figured DET would need more incentive to trade Prince. But after looking over Tay's stats for his career I believe I over valued him some. So in that case, no deal all the way around......
AZ BLAZER
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by AZ BLAZER » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:43 pm

qclakers wrote:
qclakers wrote:
bcortell wrote:

Okur/Fesenko
Millsap/AK
Outlaw/Korver
Rudy/Brewer/Miles
DWill/Price/Maynor

I read the first line perfectly. You didn't understand the emphasis I was putting on it. :roll:

It is kind of hard to understand emphasis through text. Next time use bold. :D I understand it may not be the best option for Utah but I thought I had to include it to avoid the man love parade from POR. Wanted to avoid the "you are not getting Rudy for just so and so" and I figured DET would need more incentive to trade Prince. But after looking over Tay's stats for his career I believe I over valued him some. So in that case, no deal all the way around......

This trade is DOA. Portland will not be giving Utah their missing piece, Rudy. Now how, no way, period. It will never happen. Any trade that puts Rudy in Utah is just an exercise in futility.
qclakers
Rookie

Post#25 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:53 pm

^ That is why I said no deal all around.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#26 » by Spykes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:22 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Detroit has no use for Bayless (Stuckey, Rip, Gordon are all better than him and Bynum is ready whereas Bayless is far away), Outlaw (isn't better than Max, possibly could be outplayed by Summers) or James Jones. Detroit has zero motivation to trade prince for more depth at the guard or wing spot because they are stacked at those positions.

I love how during the season, when Bayless had a stretch of good games, the Trade Board exploded with fans trying to grab Bayless from Portland. Now he's not even as good as Will freaking Bynum. :lol: :roll:

Also... LOL @ Outlaw not being better than Maxiell. Seriously, that guy takes more crap from fans on this board.

Anyway, before you inevitably take offense at this post, you should realize that I actually agree with the bottom line of your post. The Pistons really wouldn't have much interest in Bayless.
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#27 » by He Filled it Up » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

quackquack wrote:

When you call Bayless and Outlaw "garbage/spare parts", no one is going to take you seriously. I'm not saying it's fair value, but c'mon.

Bayless and Outlaw are spare parts, which is why you want this trade so bad. And don't say you haven't, this trade has been proposed by Blazer fans since I started reading RGM. Tell me this, would you trade Rudy for Prince straight up? As a Pistons fan I wouldn't, but I'm curious to see if Blazer fans think Rudy has higher value than Prince.
Count that baby and a foul!
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#28 » by Agenda42 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:46 pm

He Filled it Up wrote:
quackquack wrote:

When you call Bayless and Outlaw "garbage/spare parts", no one is going to take you seriously. I'm not saying it's fair value, but c'mon.

Bayless and Outlaw are spare parts, which is why you want this trade so bad. And don't say you haven't, this trade has been proposed by Blazer fans since I started reading RGM. Tell me this, would you trade Rudy for Prince straight up? As a Pistons fan I wouldn't, but I'm curious to see if Blazer fans think Rudy has higher value than Prince.

Prince is a better player, but I would rather have Rudy and $9M in cap space spent on someone else.

Portland loooves that Bayless/Outlaw for Prince deal. It's a pity that there's no reason whatsoever for Detroit to do it.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#29 » by princeofpalace » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Spykes wrote:
princeofpalace wrote:Detroit has no use for Bayless (Stuckey, Rip, Gordon are all better than him and Bynum is ready whereas Bayless is far away), Outlaw (isn't better than Max, possibly could be outplayed by Summers) or James Jones. Detroit has zero motivation to trade prince for more depth at the guard or wing spot because they are stacked at those positions.

I love how during the season, when Bayless had a stretch of good games, the Trade Board exploded with fans trying to grab Bayless from Portland. Now he's not even as good as Will freaking Bynum. :lol: :roll:

Also... LOL @ Outlaw not being better than Maxiell. Seriously, that guy takes more crap from fans on this board.

Anyway, before you inevitably take offense at this post, you should realize that I actually agree with the bottom line of your post. The Pistons really wouldn't have much interest in Bayless.

I have never seen much from Bayless. And be for real, he is not as good as Bynum is RIGHT NOW. He still has upside but he would never play enough to reach it being buried behind Stuck/Gordon/Rip/Bynum. He is of ZERO use to Detroit, absolutely zero. That is the point. I have also made my feelings for Outlaw well known. While Por fans may get wet over those 2 prospects, I have never seen much to be excited about.
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#30 » by He Filled it Up » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Agenda42 wrote:
Prince is a better player, but I would rather have Rudy and $9M in cap space spent on someone else.

Portland loooves that Bayless/Outlaw for Prince deal. It's a pity that there's no reason whatsoever for Detroit to do it.

I can see that stance, and it is a bummer that the pieces can't work for both sides. The only warning I have is that there's no point in having cap space and not using, but I do understand that Portland is going to have some interesting financial decisions before too long.
Count that baby and a foul!
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#31 » by Agenda42 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

He Filled it Up wrote:I can see that stance, and it is a bummer that the pieces can't work for both sides. The only warning I have is that there's no point in having cap space and not using, but I do understand that Portland is going to have some interesting financial decisions before too long.

Well, my head will explode if Portland still has cap space after the deadline, but I'm not too worried about it. Quite a few teams are on shaky financial ground. Those that underachieve in the first half of the season will probably be looking to dump some useful players, and Portland will be in a good position to offer them cap space and prospects.

I think that the window for Portland and Detroit to be useful trading partners closed when Gordon and Villanueva were signed.

Return to Trades and Transactions