GSW/CHA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Re: GSW/CHA 

Post#21 » by spectre_ » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:08 pm

NW wrote:
spectre_ wrote:Wow.

Uh...no. I don't know why we'd do the 1st deal as it's a quantity for quality move. The other add ons are just ridiculous. Crash has a bad contract? 3 years at 9.5...do you even know who Gerald Wallace is???

Ultra-athletic swingman with an inconsistent jumper? Not exactly a rare or valuable commodity in this league. So yeah, 3 more years at near 10 mil per is overpaid for that

LOL! You don't see any difference between Crash & Maggette do you?

I honestly have no idea: how many players make less than 9.5 while leading the league in rebounds at the SF spot while also being top 6 in steals and a PER near 21? Oh, and 27 or younger not on a rookie deal?
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#22 » by Rob Rowell » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Gerald Wallace is definately better then Maggette as a complete player. This deal would make Maggette expendable to trade for pretty much whatever we wanted expirings a rotation big or just keep him as a super-sub. GW contract doesnt effect us resigning our yougins either. Oh and the biggest part of this is WE CONTEND.
I threw the Maggs for Diaw in there because someone mentioned it obvious its not equal value.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#23 » by FNQ » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:46 pm

I'd only do this deal if we could somehow turn Stephen Jackson / AR into Baron Davis... I'd like to collect all the worst injury/talent/money value contracts on one team. But the real question is, how do we add Brand to that trio?
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#24 » by WarFan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Rob Rowell wrote:I threw the Maggs for Diaw in there because someone mentioned it obvious its not equal value.

Reading comprehension FTL.

My proposal was to swap Diaw for Wallace in the original deal, so Wright, Law and Azubuike for Diaw. I'm not sure what direction Charlotte is going this year, so I'd understand if they don't want to make somewhat of a rebuilding deal. I was just thinking that if the original offer was almost good enough for Wallace, Diaw probably has slightly lower value so that might be a good deal. I actually think Diaw is a better fit for the Warriors right now also.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#25 » by amcoolio » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Well, here is the direction.

We are NOT trading Diaw, Wallace, or Augustin. They are LB type core players to the T...and all three improved greatly as the season went on.

Wallace is a bad contract? He is probably the best, if not one of the best SF not to make the all-star team left in the league.

Diaw is a rare breed, there are very few point forwards in the league (Lebron, Diaw, Odom.) Sure his rebounding is off but thats why we have Wallace and Okafor, two of the top rebounders in the league at their position.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Trades and Transactions