Detroit/New Orleans - Maxiell for Posey

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pardon_my_interruption
Lead Assistant
And1: 5

Detroit/New Orleans - Maxiell for Posey 

Post#1 » by pardon_my_interruption » Sun Aug 9, 2009 4:30 am

To NOH

Jason Maxiell/DaJuan Summers

To Det

James Posey/2nd round pick
SunTzuMachiavelli
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Detroit/New Orleans - Maxiell for Posey 

Post#2 » by SunTzuMachiavelli » Sun Aug 9, 2009 5:17 am

I don't think the pistons really need to have an older player on the roster, they're not pushing for a playoff run. Tayshaun Prince isn't really in need of a role model type of player to teach him to play SF either.

It's not the far off talent wise though. If the Cavs, Lakers, Magic or Celtics had Maxiel and Summers I'm sure they'd be all over this.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,686

Post#3 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 9, 2009 6:43 am

This is horrible for Detroit both in terms of fit and value.

For starters the Pistons have absolutely no need for Posey. We are already overloaded on the perim and just drafted 3 SF. Plus we're relatively weak up front and just signed Ben to be our 5th big. If we trade Maxiell now we'll just need to sign another big, and be worse off for it.

On top of that Maxiell makes a flat $5 mil per year, where Posey is making $6, $6.5 and then $7.0 mil. Plus he's already 32. And to top it off we value Summers a bit more than a late 2nd.

There is absolutely nothing to like about this trade from the Pistons perspective. Very easy pass.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#4 » by princeofpalace » Sun Aug 9, 2009 11:56 am

Cowology wrote:This is horrible for Detroit both in terms of fit and value.

For starters the Pistons have absolutely no need for Posey. We are already overloaded on the perim and just drafted 3 SF. Plus we're relatively weak up front and just signed Ben to be our 5th big. If we trade Maxiell now we'll just need to sign another big, and be worse off for it.

On top of that Maxiell makes a flat $5 mil per year, where Posey is making $6, $6.5 and then $7.0 mil. Plus he's already 32. And to top it off we value Summers a bit more than a late 2nd.

There is absolutely nothing to like about this trade from the Pistons perspective. Very easy pass.

This.

Trade makes no sense for Detroit, I' wouldnt even trade Summers for Posey. So theres no way I'd trade Max and Summers for Posey.

Return to Trades and Transactions