TOR/LAL/SAC/LAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CinceVarter
Freshman
And1: 0

TOR/LAL/SAC/LAC 

Post#1 » by CinceVarter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:43 am

Yeah, this is pretty silly, but I'm bored as hell. Please tell me how this looks for all the teams...Sorry if this is an insult to any teams listed...

TOR
incoming players:
Andres Nocioni
Beno Udrih
$1,500,000 cash from SAC
$500,000 cash from LAC

outgoing players:
Reggie Evans
Antoine Wright
Sonny Weems
Marcus Banks
2011 2nd round pick to SAC

- Toronto sheds Marcus Banks contract, but takes on a worse one in Beno Udrih. With that said, Toronto gets the second best player in this deal, and sheds a few roster spots. Toronto would need to sign a 5th big and call it an offseason.

SAC
incoming players:
Antoine Wright
Sasha Vujacic
Marcus Banks
2012 1st round pick from LAL
2010 2nd round pick from LAL
2011 2nd round pick from TOR

outgoing players:
Andres Nocioni
Beno Udrih
$1,500,000 million cash to TOR

- Sacramento no doubt loses talent and takes on extra roster spaces, but they lose talent at already log jammed positions. they save money this season, next season, and the season after that. they do send a large portion of this seasons savings to the Raptors, but get three draft picks out of a deal that also gives them a fair amount of cap space in the 2011 off-season.

LAL
incoming players:
Chris Kaman
Ricky Davis

outgoing players:
Sasha Vujacic
Jordan Farmar
Adam Morrison
2010 1st round pick to SAC
2011 2nd round pick to SAC

- The Lakers get the best player in this trade, but at the expense of a roster spot and committed salary. Ricky Davis is a head case, but has the potential to be better than Sasha Vujacic, and if not, he's an expiring. this trade would give the lakers the best 10-man rotation in the league (fisher,bryant,artest,gasol,bynum,brown,davis,walton,odom,kaman) imo. the loss of first and second rounders is nothing to over-value since they will likely be in the high 20's and high 50's

LAC
incoming players:
Reggie Evans
Adam Morrison
Jordan Farmar
Sonny Weems

outgoing players:
Chris Kaman
Ricky Davis
$500,000 cash to TOR

- The Clippers shed money this season, as well as unloading Kaman's poor contract. the clippers recieve 4 players for only 2, but only Evans and Weems are on the books for next season (Weems can be bought out for very cheap). Evans would be a mediocre replacement for Kaman this season as they look forward to the 2010 off-season. Morrison and Farmar, both with a lot to prove, could see some considerable minutes as the Clippers evaluate them to see if they're in the their future or not.
trust is a luxery i can't afford. betrayal's somethin' i can't ignore.
KM44
Sixth Man

Re: TOR/LAL/SAC/LAC 

Post#2 » by KM44 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 am

I'm pretty sure that the lakers pick is owed to memphis, but even if they did, I would still pass. We don't exactly shed that much money and only gain a few late picks in the process- not sure if it's worth losing a very productive player in Noc.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#3 » by warren weel im » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 am

YEAH the lakers acquire Kaman and his huge salary to what, play 3rd string C?
CinceVarter
Freshman

Post#4 » by CinceVarter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 am

warren weel im wrote:YEAH the lakers acquire Kaman and his huge salary to what, play 3rd string C?

i just thought the lakers might of wanted a legitimate big man off the bench to go along with odom. the lakers aren't exactly giving up a great deal of talent. if it's just the salary, that's fine, but what difference does it make if the majority of their core is locked up beyond three years anyways?
CinceVarter
Freshman

Post#5 » by CinceVarter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

KM44 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the lakers pick is owed to memphis, but even if they did, I would still pass. We don't exactly shed that much money and only gain a few late picks in the process- not sure if it's worth losing a very productive player in Noc.

thanks for the reminder, i guess the pick would have to be a 2012 from the lakers. yeah, i also understand nocioni is a productive player, but sacramento should be focussing on a youth movement. the kings trade two of their three worst contracts and open the door for some younger players to get minutes at the three spot behind garcia (casspi, greene, may) and likely improving their lottery chances. either way, i think sacramento should/are exploring options around a nocioni trade, and if they could throw in udrih or garcia, i think that's a bonus.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm

I am on the fence with this one. Nocioni is a good player but Beno I think would kill the deal. He isn't better then Jose or Jack. Toronto passes for that reason, our depth chart goes all out of whack after this
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
cdt3
Rookie

Post#7 » by cdt3 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 pm

The Kings have no interest in drafts of the future. We have rebuilt our core through the last 5 drafts (Martin, Garcia, Hawes, Thompson, Greene, Evans, Casspi, & Brockman). The future is now for the Kings. Teams that want to win need balanced rosters not just youth. This why the Kings had to unload a young Hedo and GWallace because we had a balanced core built. This team is now balanced between youth and vets (Martin, Garcia, May, Nocioni, Beno) and finally a stable veteran coach in Westphal (which we have missed since Adelman).

We will trade either Garcia or Nocioni only when one of our young SFs prove themselves. There is no time table for their trades for the Kings, but we'll see if anything changes in the regular season.
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#8 » by King Baller » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:39 pm

I don't think the trade is horrible, though I hate seeing the Lakers get more help :lol:

I agree the Kings are ready to roll and should wait and see what they have in the regular season. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the improvement of the Kings.

KB
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
jimicrackcorn
Sophomore

Post#9 » by jimicrackcorn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Raps would not touch this with a 30 foot pole, as too much salary for too much time for players that would not be an important part of the rotation.

BC is going to buyout banks after seeing he cant get anything in return, or will just let him be the 15th player on the roster

Return to Trades and Transactions