Who's "More Valuable to Us than You?"

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,518

Re: Who's "More Valuable to Us than You?" 

Post#41 » by shrink » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Mario Chalmers.

He doesn't do all the things that other teams would need from a PG, but he does all the things MIA needs from a PG playing next to Dwayne Wade.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#42 » by noobcake » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Chuck Hayes

Repeat after me, don't use him as filler or free add on.
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#43 » by KM44 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:New Jersey: Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez

Dallas: JJ Barea, Nick Calathes

I would disagree pretty heavily on Lopez and Lee. Both hold some solid value across the league.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#44 » by 8305 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Gremz wrote:
CableKC wrote:Jeff Foster for the Pacers.

Definitely agree here. Perhaps at this point Troy Murphy is also in the same boat. The market for expiring deals is there, but it would kinda be a backwards move for us.

Not sure i agree with Jeff Foster but that's because i think just about any team in the league has a use for a hard nosed guy who doesn't need shoots to be effective.

I'd say in Indiana Mike Dunleavy fits the more valuable to us then you. Dunleavy needs to be in a system that shares the ball. Otherwise you aren't getting the full benefit of a guy who can shoot, handle, pass and move without the ball. In Golden State when they told him to stand at the 3 point line and wait for the ball he was just another spot up shooter.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#45 » by JasonStern » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 pm

oden. any championship hopes the blazers have lie on him becoming the dominant center he was hyped up to be, but to other teams he's an injury and foul prone center that shows flashes of excellence, but nothing consistent enough to give anything of value for. plus keeping oden matters more for the blazers in order to avoid the whole "sam bowie 2.0" stigma should he develop...
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#46 » by old rem » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Rob Rowell wrote:Warrriors are indeed the reverse. Everyone wants one of our backups but since we know that we like to think of all our players as starters. So in a sense no deal with the Warriors can be fair because our backups are better then everyone elses but your starters are better then our backups......I think

Actually..with the Warriors odd injury plague year and Nellie tinkering...pretty much everyone was a starter at various times. 6 different players had a 30 pt game. EVERY guy on the roster the whole year got a start and got a 20 pt game. THAT is quite unusual.

Biedrins is the guy who definitely is more value to GSW than elsewhere. GSW wasted a lot of resources over 30 years in a vain and desperate search for a "keeper" at C. That the problem is solved for a LONG time is huge. Also.....Biedrins does D,rebounds,FG %...and those are things GSW needs MORE of. We would like a Biedrins clone if possible. Other teams have guys who score more...yet do not do what Biedrins does and/or are not as young or mobile. GSW HAS scoring and a volume shooter adds nothing unless more rebounds,more D comes with it. Biedrins also has been durable. No bum knees.

GSW may have a few other guys that are a case of variable perceptions. Many fans don't see our players that often...and a lot of them have not been here very long. Actual GM's usually try to get an accurate idea of who's who,so there may be a player we have (and like) and Team X likes him just as much...but Team X's fans have a different perception. Heck....OUR fans are all over the place in opinions...with some seeming to be an emotional dislike or disrespect that does not match up to the real player.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions