Bulls/Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BrickDeez
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Bulls/Kings 

Post#21 » by BrickDeez » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 pm

What!?! Posting the names of other guys that are far too reliant on their jumpshots doesn't prove that Hawes doesn't suffer from the same problem. What you're posting is nothing more than intellectually dishonest spin.
Bulls 2010 Free Agent: David Lee
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#22 » by Ricepilar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 pm

No clue why the Bulls make this trade...
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#23 » by KF10 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:46 pm

BrickDeez wrote:What!?! Posting the names of other guys that are far too reliant on their jumpshots doesn't prove that Hawes doesn't suffer from the same problem. What you're posting is nothing more than intellectually dishonest spin.

The reason why I posted that little factoid because Hawes shares a same characteristic with those players in terms of three point makes/att. But the point was that Hawes is much more post reliant than those guys.

Again, (Dang, I feel like a broken recorder) you are still ignoring critical factors when discussing about Hawes. Your lack of knowledge of Hawes/Kings is glaring in this thread.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#24 » by longfellow44 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Honestly if there were a trade to occur between the kings and the bulls with Hawes going to the bulls it would likely include, Noah coming to the kings. I just couldn't in good conscience do the original trade, largely because of Tyrus's tweener status.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,216

Post#25 » by coldfish » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 pm

longfellow44 wrote:Honestly if there were a trade to occur between the kings and the bulls with Hawes going to the bulls it would likely include, Noah coming to the kings. I just couldn't in good conscience do the original trade, largely because of Tyrus's tweener status.

If I was the Kings, no way would I trade Hawes for Tyrus. An expiring contract with questionable size and other issues. Hawes is worth more than that.

If I was Chicago, no way would I trade Noah for Hawes. Interior defense wins in the NBA and Noah has shown a lot of improvement in both strength and skill.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#26 » by lakerhater » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:11 pm

rpa wrote:
BrickDeez wrote:he's a career backup at best.

BrickDeez wrote:He has the potential to develop into a legit starter

Either you need to develop a better grasp of the English language or stop throwing little hissy fits when someone disagrees with you and you have no real way of disproving them other than stats.

Either way, you're trade sucks. "True center" or not, a center of any legit talent has more value than a combo forward who doesn't do anything all that well. If you want to talk about career backup "at best" maybe you should be looking Tyrus' way.

rpa wins with a tko in this flame war.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by Slackerr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

How much closer would it be if Chicago added a 1st? I think Hawes + Noah could be a pretty good frontcourt.
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#28 » by dflaschberger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 pm

As a bulls fan I agree that the kings don't do it. They have thompson at the 4 long term. Their value is close, but Hawes's is greater due to his position and a year less.

An unprotected first from the bulls (or little protection) would help, but Sac should drop it.

They should try to deal KMart now to the jazz, dump udrich and get the knicks' pick-then build around hawes, thompson, evans, 2 top 5 picks next summer, tons of cap space and some spare parts.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#29 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:11 pm

BrickDeez wrote:What are you writing about. Didn't you just post not too long ago that 52% of his attack came from jumpshots? More than half of his attack comes from jays, since when that became the ideal for a legit starting center?

Gimme a break here, Hawes is a guy has as many holes and question marks as Tyrus Thomas. When you look at the head to head stat comparison, you have to factor in that Thomas played for a playoff team, while Hawes was on the worst team in the league. So you probably have to put his numbers (which are not that good to start with) in prespective.

:lol: What a joke.

I would try and debate you intelligently but it is clear you don't listen to logic.

Stop pretending that you have any knowledge of Hawes' game. Bad trade move on.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#30 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Cliff Levingston would pass from the Bulls' perspective. Tyrus is a higher upside player who probably won't reach his great potential, but at the very least, he's an expiring contract this year which helps clear space for a potential blockbuster free agent.

On top of that, Hawes wouldn't take the starting 5 job away from Noah while we also have Omer Asik slated to come to America for next season, so thanks but no thanks.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#31 » by Cruel_Ruin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

BrickDeez wrote:What!?! Posting the names of other guys that are far too reliant on their jumpshots doesn't prove that Hawes doesn't suffer from the same problem. What you're posting is nothing more than intellectually dishonest spin.

Spencer Hawes: 48% inside
Al Jefferson: 48% inside
Al Horford: 43% inside
Tim Duncan: 42% inside

I don't suppose the rest are jumpshooting stiffs either? :lol:
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#32 » by Smills91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:32 pm

CellarDoor wrote:Incidentally, how do Kings fans feel about their interior D as a whole? The one thing Tyrus brings that it seems like you guys are lacking is a very good weakside defender.

It could definitely improve, but I personally think that'll happen as Thompson and Hawes ripen and mature as players. Thompson is a solid big with good tenacity and IQ. Hawes needs to bulk up, but has good anticipation and instincts. I think a Hawes/Thompson duo up front has the potential to be a VERY good defensivie unit when they enter the primes. As far as a weakside defender, I'd want one of those as a 3rd big off the bench type. Trading Hawes for Thomas is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) as not only a downgrade in talent and potential, but it leaves the Kings centerless.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#33 » by Smills91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Cliff Levingston would pass from the Bulls' perspective. Tyrus is a higher upside player who probably won't reach his great potential, but at the very least, he's an expiring contract this year which helps clear space for a potential blockbuster free agent.

On top of that, Hawes wouldn't take the starting 5 job away from Noah while we also have Omer Asik slated to come to America for next season, so thanks but no thanks.

LOL Of course not, he'd relegate Noah to the 4 position as moving Tyrus leaves a big gap at the PF position.

Hypothetically, the Bulls starting line-up would be:
C: Hawes
PF: Noah
SF: Deng
SG: Salmons
PG: Rose

Too bad that'll never happen for the Bulls though, as that would be a dream, having an offensive power house younger than Noah beside him.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#34 » by Smills91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

How about Donte Green for Joakim Noah. What the Bulls lose in reboudning and defense they make-up in athleticism, raw talent, versatility and potential.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#35 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

Rather see them together on the court, not traded for one another. How about a deal involving Thompson and Beno?
cdt3
Rookie

Post#36 » by cdt3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:06 am

Down the last 2 months of last season when he started Hawes put up a 15/9/1.3blks. Some soft scrub center who shoots too many jump shots named Rasheed Wallace has career numbers of 15/7/1.4blks. Wallace is 6-11 230, Hawes is 7-1 245. Hawes is no scrawny guy and will have a very good career.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#37 » by boogydown » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 am

Obviously Chicago says yes. Why do they need Hawes when they have Noah though? Kings need a center, not a PF.

Just a terrible thought process to this trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions