trade between houston and golden state

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: trade between houston and golden state 

Post#21 » by old rem » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Storm Surge wrote:Only way I see Houston doing this is if it's Jackson + Turiaf for Shane and Cook. Even then I'm not sure.

Even had you said Battier + Landry,it would probably not work for GSW since Turiaf is now the main backup at both C + PF. Landry would be okay as PF depth...but not C depth. Cook? Mostly a DNP.

Battier is not a guy who matters to GSW long term,the time when GSW's young talent is ripe to become a real winner. In Jackson deals,my priority is do NOT stumble into something that screws the future.
I'd rather send Jack East if it's mostly a salary dump.
CENSORED... No comment.
Ukraine Train
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Ukraine Train » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Love it for the W's but I don't think Houston would be interested in Jackson.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#23 » by loserX » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Ukraine Train wrote:Love it for the W's but I don't think Houston would be interested in Jackson.

Agreed. Jackson has a number of negatives associated with him...one of which is a long contract for a player of his age. There is a decent chance that he will be a complete negative in the long-term if his ability starts to decline...that means for any team to be interested, they have to get enough benefit in the short-term. That means contention, or close to it. (This is not picking on Jackson; a number of players fall into this category. Antawn Jamison springs to mind.) I doubt the Rockets, with so much uncertainty about their top players, will take that risk.

A top team would have to consider Jackson "the missing piece" before they consider him at all.
rugby-hook
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#24 » by rugby-hook » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:46 am

Morey has too much self-worth invested in Battier to trade him. Jax has some stigma, but most GMs have seem to ignored the Brawl in the Palace. The quality players have been traded for and signed as FAs. Jax issues are the recent outbursts, age and contract length. He has to be a noticeable upgrade for a playoff team. Battier is good value, but Houston is not a good fit.

Return to Trades and Transactions