What C could OKC get?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: What C could OKC get? 

Post#21 » by bcortell » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:21 pm

rugby-hook wrote:My mistype on Nazr or Diop. They are available for picks OR a cheap player. Don't think Kaman is available and his contract will crimp OKC as they have to re-sign their stars. I think they should look for short-term contracts at this time and see what develops.

Thomas, Daly and Dampier are your most available options.

No. You won't get either for Diop or Nazr. You would get a similarly crappy player on about an even contract that fits Cha better.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#22 » by old rem » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:50 pm

SoCal Al wrote:what about getting Marc Gasol along with Marco Jaric for Etan Thomas' expiring, DJ White, and the Phoenix #1, or which ever pick is higher between theirs and the Suns'?
Gasol is the kind of low post banger that Jeff Green needs to play next to to be at his best.

Might need to have a bit of negotiating but this has some point. Most of the ideas seemed to propose a guy who is not even as good as who's there now. Krstic,Collison,Etan are all adequate,each has been at least a semi-starter.
CENSORED... No comment.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,057

Post#23 » by slick_watts » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Krstic was very effective in the first game, remember he was a 15/7 guy for New Jersey before he got hurt and is still pretty young.

Kaman's just too expensive, as are most of the other options that make sense. A lot of the mentioned names aren't appreciably better than Krstic.

I agree with the poster who said that OKC should wait until the offseason to make major personnel moves, either Joel Przbilla or Brendan Haywood would be good options and won't be as expensive as a Kaman or Dalembert.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#24 » by Cammo101 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Solomon Alabi...that is the guy.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#25 » by youngcrev » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 pm

slick_watts wrote:Krstic was very effective in the first game, remember he was a 15/7 guy for New Jersey before he got hurt and is still pretty young.

Kaman's just too expensive, as are most of the other options that make sense. A lot of the mentioned names aren't appreciably better than Krstic.

I agree with the poster who said that OKC should wait until the offseason to make major personnel moves, either Joel Przbilla or Brendan Haywood would be good options and won't be as expensive as a Kaman or Dalembert.

Both those guys will be 31 this offseason, and would probably require longterm deals to secure them in FA. I'd think Dalembert with one year left, albeit an expensive year, would be a better option than either of those guys.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#26 » by wiff » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 am

I agree that the Thunder should wait until next off season.

They have picks, cap space and some nice young prospects to package.

In the mean time hope Serge Ibaka develops into that rebounding shot blocking force that they could use.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#27 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 am

I'm not sure what OKC would be willing to give up, but there's an outside shot that Jeff Foster could be had for a little bit of salary cap space and a decent piece.

DJ White would be fantastic for the Pacers. But even he might be too much value. I'm thinking post lottery-late 1st type talent/package for Foster would be enough, without too bad of a contract coming back.

We'd probably be happy to do Foster/filler for Etan/White. Might be overpaying a bit for OKC at this point though, or just might not be a great fit.

He's a tremendous rebounder, and a great veteran leader.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#28 » by Norm2953 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am

I think Portland would consider dealing JP if OKC had a really good on ball
defender.

Return to Trades and Transactions