NJN / CHA - Harris for 2 Max FAs

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: NJN / CHA - Harris for 2 Max FAs 

Post#41 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Nov 4, 2009 11:25 pm

deviljets7 wrote:Again,

They are not sacrificing their best player and an all-star to achieve that cap room for a 2nd MAX free agent.

You think the Knicks would be willing to give up an all-star PG in such a scenario?

In the ultimate dream scenario, two of the MAX FAs say they want to come play for the Nets, I don't think it will be too hard to find a team willing to give up raw cap space + for Harris in July. Sure you might not get quite as much then as you would now, but at this way you don't risk giving away your best player at a serious discount.

I also find it amusing that you've criticized Harris for being a scoring/me first PG yet then propose a trade for an undersized PG with assist numbers as poor as Augustin's.

Who is the Knick's best player?
I think they would offer up whoever to get a 2nd max FA. But no, not everyone all at once. They need to leave some semblance of a team.. which NJ has on them.

And yes, I'm not looking to upgrade the PG position.. not possible or needed when the target are ball dominant players (LBJ/Wade) and we have T.Will, 2 draft picks, ring chasers, future trades, etc.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Re: NJN / CHA - Harris for 2 Max FAs 

Post#42 » by Star-Lord » Thu Nov 5, 2009 12:02 am

Funny thing is, I think you may have been in the ball park when you proposed a move that would send Harris to the Bucks for Jennings, picks, and filler, back in another thread. It isn't ideal, but at least it nets the Nets a guy who looks very much like a future All-Star, and someone to be built around for years to come.

Return to Trades and Transactions