If your Colangelo Would you trade Hedo for Gay?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

If your Colangelo Would you trade Hedo for Gay? 

Post#1 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:26 am

Would you consider a sign and trade scenario like I suggested of Turkoglu for Rudy Gay? I think if the Raps aren't getting anywhere they should think about it Gay could be a 25 point scorer with good defense in a couple of years and the Grizz need some playmaking to happen even if its from a 31 year old Hedo with Randolph in the mix. Plus a DeRozan and Gay tandem on the perimeter seems pretty awesome to me if DeRozan can become that Ariza type player I hope for him to be.
Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: If your Colangelo Would you trade Hedo for Gay? 

Post#2 » by Kyben36 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:49 am

Gay = Trash, no offense memphis fans, he is a great scorer, but he is a terrible player to have in the locker room, and a horid player defensivly. I would never Trade Hedo for him. Hedo is actualy a pretty good defender ( saw him up against Kobe in the Finals ).
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#3 » by turk3d » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:57 am

In a heartbeat, Gay's much younger, and Hedo's got a lot of mileage on him. I think his speed would be a big benefit to Toronto. You may lose some defense, but I'm not sure how much as Hedo will have trouble with some of the quicker 3s. Gay should do better, if he applies himself.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#4 » by Scorpion King » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:10 am

I wont. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Demanding outrageous money. Since he is a selfish ball hog he wont be happy in T.O. He will bolt once his contract expires.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:12 am

Well, Memphis wouldn't do it, so it doesn't really matter.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#6 » by I Am Awesome-O » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:18 am

Memphis could have gone after Hedo this summer with all the cap space they had. They instead used it on Zach Randolph... What does that say about their interest in Hedo Turkoglu period, let alone their interest in giving up one of their best players in return for his services?
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#7 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:43 am

Well Memphis has a crappy coach that has a knee jerk reation and he will likely try to fix some of the stuff happening in Memphis and since Gay already showed displeaure with the franchiase I think they would take Hedo instead of just letting Gay walk for nothing. And for the dumbazzs that can't read the first post he would be signed and traded here so he wouldn't bolt.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Jimmy76 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 10:20 am

not until Gay proves he can help a team win

gimme Hedo if you wanna win now make the trade if you decide to rebuild
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#9 » by jowglenn » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:02 pm

Scorpion King wrote:I wont. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Demanding outrageous money.

Wait, wait, are you talking about Rudy Gay this year, or Hedo Turkoglu last year?

Return to Trades and Transactions