Dallas - Sacramento

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Dallas - Sacramento 

Post#1 » by Smills91 » Fri Nov 6, 2009 11:44 pm

Probably happens sometime around the new year....

Kings deal:
Kevin Martin
Beno Udrih

Mavericks deal:
Erick Dampier
Quinton Ross
Rodrigue Beaubois
Rights to Nick Calathes
Future 1st round pick.

Dallas gets the last piece to their puzzle

Kings continue rebuilding.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Re: Dallas - Sacramento 

Post#2 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Fri Nov 6, 2009 11:56 pm

No way.

Martin is better than this.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#3 » by Smills91 » Fri Nov 6, 2009 11:57 pm

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:No way.

Martin is better than this.

Yeah, I agree, but I want to see Dallas fans try and reject it though, it makes me laugh.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 12:13 am

no way dallas does this without hawes and jt coming back
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#5 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 12:25 am

Kidd/Udrih
Martin/Terry
Marion/Howard
Dirk/Humphries
Gooden/?

That is why Dallas declines this ridiculously horribly fitting trade.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#6 » by catalyst » Sat Nov 7, 2009 4:16 am

VintaGe36 wrote:Kidd/Udrih
Martin/Terry
Marion/Howard
Dirk/Humphries
Gooden/?

That is why Dallas declines this ridiculously horribly fitting trade.

Second bold is mine. Gooden, not a real center, is left with Humphries and Dirk at C. Not god fits. Ill fitting parts is dal without Damp and this trade. Now, if you followed this trade with Howard for Kaman or some form of Camby trade, then it would have some merit.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#7 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Nov 7, 2009 4:56 am

Yeah, I can see that.

However, that would be YOUR problem to come up with. I have to agree with Smills here. Any Dallas fan that blows this off is a complete basketball idiot. You then have all KINDS of trade bait to pick up a 6-foul big man to deal with the bigs in the playoffs. This is a no-brainer and I would NEVER do it as a Kings fan. The cap room is overrated for us. nothing more than savings as we won't be able to outright sign a superstar or two anyway.

No thanks.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#8 » by thaAteam » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:44 am

OGSactownballer wrote:Yeah, I can see that.

However, that would be YOUR problem to come up with. I have to agree with Smills here. Any Dallas fan that blows this off is a complete basketball idiot. You then have all KINDS of trade bait to pick up a 6-foul big man to deal with the bigs in the playoffs. This is a no-brainer and I would NEVER do it as a Kings fan. The cap room is overrated for us. nothing more than savings as we won't be able to outright sign a superstar or two anyway.

No thanks.

i love kevin martin, but at this time this deal is a no go for us, for 1, he is out two months, he is always injured anyway, and we would have no center, our weakest position. just doesnt make sense. im not going to move our only starting center out if another isnt coming in, and screw hawes, we dont need him on our team, hell we could bring back raef lafrenz, same player. and we want no part of beno and his awful deal
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:51 am

Downright laughable from the Kings end.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Teddy KGB » Sat Nov 7, 2009 1:17 pm

Sweet, let's just trade all our big men away for small men. Because we all know how successful Nellieball is...
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
Smills91
Banned User

Post#11 » by Smills91 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:17 pm

Teddy KGB wrote:Sweet, let's just trade all our big men away for small men. Because we all know how successful Nellieball is...

ORRRR...take the this coup, and look to deal one of Howard/Marion for a big man that's BETTER than Dampier. Pretty simple if you ask me.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#12 » by 2011Champs » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:32 pm

Smills91 wrote:Probably happens sometime around the new year....

Kings deal:
Kevin Martin
Beno Udrih

Mavericks deal:
Erick Dampier
Quinton Ross
Rodrigue Beaubois
Rights to Nick Calathes
Future 1st round pick.

Dallas gets the last piece to their puzzle

Kings continue rebuilding.

No offense to Kevin Martin but Damp is more important to the Mavs success than a high scoring SG. This trade leaves the Mavs with a huge hole in the middle. I do not see the Mavs able to get a center better than Damp by trading Howard or The Matrix. So this specific trade actually makes the Mavericks worse and further from a championship. Without a solid replacement for Damp, this trade would have to be a huge NO.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#13 » by thaAteam » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:07 pm

Smills91 wrote:
Teddy KGB wrote:Sweet, let's just trade all our big men away for small men. Because we all know how successful Nellieball is...

ORRRR...take the this coup, and look to deal one of Howard/Marion for a big man that's BETTER than Dampier. Pretty simple if you ask me.

kevin martin is out 2 months, he is always hurt, he brings the exact same thing as jet, he is just a few inches taller, no need to move a big man for martin.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#14 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:12 pm

Not a fan of this deal for either team. Why does Sacramento trade their best player?

As for Dallas, this a T O N of money to pay the backcourt and they have no real depth up front. Sure you can say "trade Howard/Marion for a big man" but that kills their value around the league (teams know they have to trade for a C) and then it expands the deal to become a likely worse deal for the Mavericks.

Both GM's, but especially Sacramento's, would have to answer some serious and basically well thought out questions from the media and fans.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#15 » by Captain_Obvious » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:21 pm

^^ If the JET was "a few inches taller" there would be no need for Kevin Martin, I agree.

I really love this deal but as other Mav fans have expressed it makes no sense to sacrifice this season by dealing your only legit center for an injured difference maker. It's the wrong time of the year.

I'm sure we will meet again next offseason once Dallas begins to offer up Dampier's contract in trade talks. Sacramento wont get full value for Martin, so much is clear.

Btw. we will then offer two picks and Calathes instead of one pick, Calathes and Roddy.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#16 » by thaAteam » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:28 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:^^ If the JET was "a few inches taller" there would be no need for Kevin Martin, I agree.

I really love this deal but as other Mav fans have expressed it makes no sense to sacrifice this season by dealing your only legit center for an injured difference maker. It's the wrong time of the year.

I'm sure we will meet again next offseason once Dallas begins to offer up Dampier's contract in trade talks. Sacramento wont get full value for Martin, so much is clear.

Btw. we will then offer two picks and Calathes instead of one pick, Calathes and Roddy.

i wouldnt give any picks or young talent for martin, josh howard, or pure expirings is about all, all martin has shown in this lead is that he is injury prone, and puts up good scoring numbers on a bad team and not much else. he cant defend, so he isnt going to be a major upgrade over terry anyway. having 25 million tied into 2 sg's is not a good idea if they both do the exact same things. hich terry and martin do. martin would be a great fit somewhere like say cleveland, or phoenix but not here as long as we have terry.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#17 » by Teddy KGB » Sat Nov 7, 2009 5:29 pm

If this deal was some sort of 3 way with either KMart going to another team and a big coming to Dallas or with Howard leaving and a C coming to Dallas this would definitely be a steal for us. But it's a ridiculously bad fit for us as of now with no imminent deal to bring in a C.
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
Smills91
Banned User

Post#18 » by Smills91 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:52 pm

thaAteam wrote:
Smills91 wrote:

kevin martin is out 2 months, he is always hurt, he brings the exact same thing as jet, he is just a few inches taller, no need to move a big man for martin.

Trying reading, it helps. Go back to the top of the OP and re-read it. Please. Just so you don't appear silly.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#19 » by Smills91 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:53 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:^^ If the JET was "a few inches taller" there would be no need for Kevin Martin, I agree.

Btw. we will then offer two picks and Calathes instead of one pick, Calathes and Roddy

LMAO. Yeah right.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#20 » by Captain_Obvious » Sat Nov 7, 2009 9:34 pm

Smills91 wrote:

Btw. we will then offer two picks and Calathes instead of one pick, Calathes and Roddy

LMAO. Yeah right.

Two factors play into my last comment:
- Roddy will be much improved (i hope) and i just dont see us trading the successor of Kidd
- Dampier will carry more value next offseason and Dallas will have more suitors willing to trade talent for cap relief (i.e. no need to overpay here). So if you are willing to trade for Damp NOW then you trade [essentially] for an expiring deal (because you are under the cap anyway), but thats not what Damp will be next offseason.

Return to Trades and Transactions