NOH-HOU-PHI, PHI gets rid of Daly and Brand, NOH contends

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Houston Suns
Senior
And1: 0

NOH-HOU-PHI, PHI gets rid of Daly and Brand, NOH contends 

Post#1 » by Houston Suns » Mon Nov 9, 2009 8:38 am

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
:Shane Battier, Rodney Carney, Jason Kapono, Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, Elton Brand
Outgoing Players:Bobby Brown, Julian Wright, Hilton Armstrong, Morris Peterson, Darius Songaila, David West, James Posey, Peja Stojakovic

Houston Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
:Bobby Brown, Hilton Armstrong, Darius Songaila
Outgoing Players: Shane Battier

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
: Julian Wright, Morris Peterson, David West. James Posey, Peja Stojakovic
Outgoing Players:Rodney Carney, Jason Kapono, Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, Elton Brand

Why for New Orleans?
Hornets take on longer contracts and more salary, in order to be a contender. This deal makes them instant contenders.

Why for Houston?
They get the size that they need, while taking on expirings. Songaila will be as good as he can be in adelman's systenm. So will Armstrong.

Why for Philadelphia?
Iggy is a good player, but he isn't a franchise player, but he would be good along side a franchise player, They Use him to get rid of the bad contracts in brand and dalembert, and rebuild around their young studs holiday, young, west (speights/smith??) Come the year 2011, all them contracts will come off the books.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Re: NOH-HOU-PHI, PHI gets rid of Daly and Brand, NOH contends 

Post#2 » by Jaykoolzboy » Mon Nov 9, 2009 9:16 am

Rockets say hell no.

Battier is worth more than junkies like that.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#3 » by Houston Suns » Mon Nov 9, 2009 9:50 am

Would picks suffice?? I didnt add any picks to this trade, because at first glance it didnt seem like it needed any IMO. Rockets lose Battier, but their not going anywhere this year anyways, why not take useful expirings in posisitions of need for him. It's not like songaila, armstrong, or even brown, are a bunch of stiffs. I say maybe an added 2nd rounder or 2 would make this deal hard to turn down for battier. This deal would also make them major players in the 2010 free agency, and a chance at Mr. wall in the draft.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#4 » by RoxFan08 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 1:47 pm

None of the players coming back to the Rockets would get any minutes. They may not be scrubs, but the Rockets already have at least two players better than all of them at every position.

If the Rockets wanted to dump Battier for expirings, they could definitely leverage better ones (and also a pick) out of someone. Portland comes to mind immediately.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,091

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 3:26 pm

I have never seen a trade this bad for philly. Iggy is NOT a throw in to get rid of bad contracts. He is philly's team. Scratch the whole deal.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#6 » by noobcake » Mon Nov 9, 2009 3:57 pm

Incoming Players:Shane Battier, Rodney Carney, Jason Kapono, Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, Elton Brand
Outgoing Players:Bobby Brown, Julian Wright, Hilton Armstrong, Morris Peterson, Darius Songaila, David West, James Posey, Peja Stojakovic

David West + Hornet scrubs can't fetch you that much.
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#7 » by sixerbond » Mon Nov 9, 2009 4:10 pm

Not withstanding Rocket fans distain for this deal, but the other poster is 100 % correct, this is a
terrible trade for Philly. I mean Iggy, along with Brand who IS back, and who IS a legit PF. He's just not being used correctly by our MORE than stupid coach. David West isn't even close to the Talent that our own youngster Speights has, and they play the same spot. The other NO scrubs, especially Peja are a joke :-) I wouldn't do this deal even IF Iggy was kept out, and Chris Paul was added in :-)

The thread starter here needs to keep his day job, and give up any hope of ever being a NBA GM :-)
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#8 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 9, 2009 4:45 pm

Sixers won't trade Iguodala to get out of Brand's deal.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#9 » by Houston Suns » Mon Nov 9, 2009 6:49 pm

After looking at this trade i wont try to justify it any longer, it was one of my late night, sleepy trades.
I'm just eager for the hornets FO to get Paul some help, in the backcourt.

Return to Trades and Transactions