A Stephen Jackson trade you havent seen 9 million times

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

A Stephen Jackson trade you havent seen 9 million times 

Post#1 » by Ricepilar » Mon Nov 9, 2009 1:48 pm

Eddy Curry and Jordan Hill FOR Stephen Jackson, Speedy Claxton, and 3 mil

Why NY?
Get a major upgrade on the perimeter and win a few more games this year. Also get about 4-5 more cap space. I think that will help them more than Jordan Hill possibly can.

Why GS?
Get an ok big man prospect. Save some money.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Re: A Stephen Jackson trade you havent seen 9 million times 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Mon Nov 9, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd probably take this...don't think NY would though.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#3 » by shrink » Mon Nov 9, 2009 3:48 pm

#1 Nice title!

#2 I kind of like this trade. Now, I should go on record that I think that the bright lights of NYC has a chance of drawing a star free agent, but I think they'd be more likely to get two than one. The Knicks can offer fame, but it will quickly turn to infamy if the team can't win games. The Knicks would be more appealing to an elite free agent if the team could tell them that he'd be joining with a second star free agent.

To get to this point though, the Knicks only have enough money for 1.5 max deals. They need a bit more, and a deal like this could do it. Its a gamble, because they could come up empty, but isn't it the players like LeBron or Wade that a team should be willing to gamble on?

SJax clearly has negative value with his attitude and the length of the deal, but he isn't a bad basketball player. Two elite free agents + SJax + the rest of the Knicks would be a pretty good team, and well worth SJax's contract risk, and Jordan Hill.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 9, 2009 3:54 pm

I think Stephen Jackson would likely be the most intriguing teammate to interest someone like LeBron to sign with the Knicks. Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, and David Lee likely aren't going to do it, as two of those guys play the same position as LeBron, ideally (and Jackson to make matters worse).

In reality, they need a PG there.
sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by sixerbond » Mon Nov 9, 2009 4:15 pm

Jackson does have some ability. But he's really becoming a headcase. I mean did you see what he instructed his agent to say this morning regarding coach Don Nelson ? What a total weenie!

Bottom line, Jackson not only wants out of GS. But he wants to go to the team that HE wants.
I guarantee you if he was dealt to New York, or any other bad to average team, it would only be a matter of a short time before he's b!tching once again. That's why he's demanding the Cavs, Lakers, and other NBA teams with a Championship chance.

But he's going further & further down the toilet! with his statements.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Mon Nov 9, 2009 4:35 pm

sixerbond wrote:Jackson does have some ability. But he's really becoming a headcase. I mean did you see what he instructed his agent to say this morning regarding coach Don Nelson ? What a total weenie!

Bottom line, Jackson not only wants out of GS. But he wants to go to the team that HE wants.
I guarantee you if he was dealt to New York, or any other bad to average team, it would only be a matter of a short time before he's b!tching once again. That's why he's demanding the Cavs, Lakers, and other NBA teams with a Championship chance.

But he's going further & further down the toilet! with his statements.

His agent said what, I'd guess, his agent thinks. It's pretty much what a lot of GSW fans+ writers have said before. The teams Jack most appeals to are those with the focus on the NEAR future,where his "bang for the buck" is pretty good. GSW gets a guy they did look at in Jordan Hill, a bit raw but a PF/C...not some redundant G. NYK actually does clear a couple mill more,but with a productive guy.

It's a gag reflex deal if you get Eddy....but here there's consolation.
CENSORED... No comment.
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#7 » by Ricepilar » Mon Nov 9, 2009 5:09 pm

old rem wrote:It's a gag reflex deal if you get Eddy....but here there's consolation.

Yeah not SO terrible. A useless player with an expiring contract could help them next year.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#8 » by killacalijatt » Mon Nov 9, 2009 6:46 pm

I like this trade for the Warriors,

and just to clear things up Sjax has stated that he wouldnt mind playing for NYK
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#9 » by Cammo101 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 7:32 pm

No reason for NY to give up a good prospect for a headcase that wants to play for a winner. Adding Jackson won't convince any big name players to come to NY, so there really is no reason for NY to do this.
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by I am Ra » Mon Nov 9, 2009 7:39 pm

if jeffries is added and we can somehow move jackson for pure expirings than yes i would do it as a knick fan. otherwise it would be ann isaih move. shorter contract and a high draft pick for a longer contract and a chuck.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by bcortell » Mon Nov 9, 2009 7:43 pm

Cammo101 wrote:No reason for NY to give up a good prospect for a headcase that wants to play for a winner. Adding Jackson won't convince any big name players to come to NY, so there really is no reason for NY to do this.

+1
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#12 » by shrink » Mon Nov 9, 2009 10:48 pm

bcortell wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:No reason for NY to give up a good prospect for a headcase that wants to play for a winner. Adding Jackson won't convince any big name players to come to NY, so there really is no reason for NY to do this.

+1

$5.5 mil in 2010 cap space
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#13 » by Cammo101 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 11:06 pm

shrink wrote:
bcortell wrote:

+1

$5.5 mil in 2010 cap space

How much cap space do they want? Id they are willing to dump Jordan Hill for cap space then they have taken this cap space thing way too far.

Return to Trades and Transactions