OT: Who's getting Stephen Jackson?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

RUN-TMR
Junior
And1: 0

OT: Who's getting Stephen Jackson? 

Post#1 » by RUN-TMR » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 pm

what's the latest on this guy? is cleveland still the front runner?

(if we can, obvisouly we should. ideally calderon + wright for jackson and filler, or something involving turk could get the job done. GSW needs a little stability in the locker-room, we can provide that.)
Rare
Analyst
And1: 593

Re: OT: Who's getting Stephen Jackson? 

Post#2 » by Rare » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm

He'll get a Carter type package.
    o
☻/
/▌
/ \
desiwun
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: GOOD JOB SilentH for stealing my sig idea, you are the most original poster on realgm!

Post#3 » by desiwun » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Albuquerque Thunderbirds

Westfo3
Banned User

Post#4 » by Westfo3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Rare wrote:He'll get a Carter type package.
No he won't. Nobody will give up a C. Lee type player for Jackson...
desiwun
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: GOOD JOB SilentH for stealing my sig idea, you are the most original poster on realgm!

Post#5 » by desiwun » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Westfo3 wrote:

maybe he meant the other carter-package (williams sisters)
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#6 » by kwamebargnani » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Westfo3 wrote:

Lee is a backup SG at best, and NJ also gave up Anderson. So basically, Carter was trade for expirings.
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#7 » by Westfo3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 pm

kwamebargnani wrote:
Westfo3 wrote:

Lee is a backup SG at best, and NJ also gave up Anderson. So basically, Carter was trade for expirings.

Lee started SG in the NBA finals... Pretty sure he is a starting SG. If he isn't starting for the NJN's maybe thats why they have yet to win a game....
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#8 » by boogydown » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Westfo3 wrote:Lee started SG in the NBA finals... Pretty sure he is a starting SG. If he isn't starting for the NJN's maybe thats why they have yet to win a game....

or it's because Lee isn't that good on the worst team in the NBA?
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#9 » by Westfo3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm

boogydown wrote:
Westfo3 wrote:Lee started SG in the NBA finals... Pretty sure he is a starting SG. If he isn't starting for the NJN's maybe thats why they have yet to win a game....

Or its coaching.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Cleveland would seem the most logical but they have little to offer and don't seem to want to part with that. Boston may try to get him just to block Clev. Houston would seem a good fit but I have heard nothing. N Orleans..no trade chips. Bobs? Do they see a use for an older guy? Maybe. Brown likes D and needs a scorer. Magic could offer something to get an edge in the East,and The Spurs have some expirings to fill out a deal that costs them little. Sixers could figure in in GSW is okay with taking Dalembert for Jackson+ Claxton.
CENSORED... No comment.
BirdmanPresents
Analyst
And1: 799

Post#11 » by BirdmanPresents » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:19 pm

boogydown wrote:

Or maybe he was still fitting in with the team until he pulled his groin and missed the last few games?
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,857

Post#12 » by 510TWSS » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Rem I think there's no chance Dalembert comes to the Warriors. He has some sort of trade kicker that increases 15% or something. Tack that onto his absurd salary and that's a recipe for disaster. I still think it's going to be Cleveland. Latest we've heard is that the Warriors FO isn't against taking Delonte "I'm Afraid To Fly" West. I think Big Z is out of the question at the moment. Maybe if the Warriors were more patient and wait until january then maybe. But I doubt they wait that long.

Now, Delonte for Jackson can't work straight up. The last piece of the puzzle is what no one but Riley, Nelson and Gilbert know. As a Warrior fan, I think it is imperative that Riley hold out for a productive player if we are forced to take Delonte on. I figure both Jackson and Delonte are headcases, so that cancels out, but Jackson is the better player. Contracts are an issue, but if Cleveland really wants to win this year, they're going to have to make a bold move. I just don't see how their team is as good as the Celtics or the Lakers.

The usual suspects are probably going to be thrown around--Jamario Moon and Daniel Gibson. If a trade goes down with Delonte and one of those two guys, it's an easy win for Cleveland. IMO, making this trade a push for both sides has to include JJ Hickson. But I can see how many Cavalier fans would roll over on that idea. But that's what I'm hoping Riley is holding out for and somehow convinces Gilbert that it needs to be done.

Just my 2 cents.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#13 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:47 pm

510TWSS wrote:MO, making this trade a push for both sides has to include JJ Hickson. But I can see how many Cavalier fans would roll over on that idea. But that's what I'm hoping Riley is holding out for and somehow convinces Gilbert that it needs to be done.

Just my 2 cents.

0% chance J.J. Hickson is traded for Stephen Jackson.
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#14 » by Westfo3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 pm

510TWSS wrote:Rem I think there's no chance Dalembert comes to the Warriors. He has some sort of trade kicker that increases 15% or something. Tack that onto his absurd salary and that's a recipe for disaster. I still think it's going to be Cleveland. Latest we've heard is that the Warriors FO isn't against taking Delonte "I'm Afraid To Fly" West. I think Big Z is out of the question at the moment. Maybe if the Warriors were more patient and wait until january then maybe. But I doubt they wait that long.

Now, Delonte for Jackson can't work straight up. The last piece of the puzzle is what no one but Riley, Nelson and Gilbert know. As a Warrior fan, I think it is imperative that Riley hold out for a productive player if we are forced to take Delonte on. I figure both Jackson and Delonte are headcases, so that cancels out, but Jackson is the better player. Contracts are an issue, but if Cleveland really wants to win this year, they're going to have to make a bold move. I just don't see how their team is as good as the Celtics or the Lakers.

The usual suspects are probably going to be thrown around--Jamario Moon and Daniel Gibson. If a trade goes down with Delonte and one of those two guys, it's an easy win for Cleveland. IMO, making this trade a push for both sides has to include JJ Hickson. But I can see how many Cavalier fans would roll over on that idea. But that's what I'm hoping Riley is holding out for and somehow convinces Gilbert that it needs to be done.

Just my 2 cents.

:o Hickson doesn't move unless it brings Bosh to Cleveland.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#15 » by BW32 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:27 pm

You know if Lebron leaves in FA next season it might actually be fun reading the "JJ Hickson doesn't get traded unless it's for Lebron" posts
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#16 » by Westfo3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 pm

BW32 wrote:You know if Lebron leaves in FA next season it might actually be fun reading the "JJ Hickson doesn't get traded unless it's for Lebron" posts

Yea we better trade Hickson that is putting up around the same PPG as West now that he is starting and West is on a team not as good. Oh and lets give them Big Z while we are at it. :roll:
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#17 » by coordinator0 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 pm

According to a Marc Steing tweet, Jackson is going to Charlotte with Law for Bell and Radman.

STEIN_LINE_HQ

All signs point to this deal going down today. Warriors are also expected to send Acie Law with Jack to Charlotte for Bell and Radmanovic

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Return to Trades and Transactions