Cleveland FTW! 3-Way Blockbuster: CLE - UTAH - MIL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Evermore
Banned User
And1: 0

Cleveland FTW! 3-Way Blockbuster: CLE - UTAH - MIL 

Post#1 » by Evermore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Cavs outgoing: Shaq, Zydrunus Ilgauskas, Delonte West
Cavs incoming: Michael Redd, Carlos Boozer, Kurt Thomas, Charlie Bell

Utah outgoing: Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer, Matt Harpring
Utah incoming: Shaq, Zydrunus Ilgauskas, Delonte West

Milwaukee outgoing: Michael Redd, Kurt Thomas, Charlie Bell
Milwaukee incoming: Andrei Kirilenko, Matt Harpring

Case for Cavs: They bring in another local-boy in Redd to help push the Cavs to the title. Can fans forget Boozer's betrayal of the past? They can if the Cavs win games. Cleveland is now loaded with shooters to play around James...

Mo Williams/Gibson/Bell
Redd/Parker/Bell
James/Moon
Boozer/James
Varejao/Thomas

Case for Jazz: Despite having the 2nd highest payroll in the NBA the Utah Jazz just aren't good enough as is to win it all...so they do the smart thing, take a step back this season, then re-load next summer when the contracts of Shaq, Ilgauskas and Korver come off the books freeing up over 40 million! The Jazz also keep NY's pick...which will only help with their quick re-shuffling next offseason. I'm sure the good people of Utah will help Delonte find his way...

Deron Williams
Brewer
Korver
Millsap/Okur
Shaq/Ilgauskas

Case for Milwaukee: They shed Charlie Bell's unnecessary longterm deal by agreeing to swap out Redd for Kirilenko. They also get Harpring's 6.5 million expiring contract...

Jennings
Delfino
Moute/Warrick
Kirilenko/Warrick
Bogut

Your thoughts?
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Re: Cleveland FTW! 3-Way Blockbuster: CLE - UTAH - MIL 

Post#2 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Absolutely not from Cleveland. We don't want anything to do with Michael Redd and trading Shaq makes no sense.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#3 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Oh hell no!!!
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#4 » by turk3d » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:53 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:Absolutely not from Cleveland. We don't want anything to do with Michael Redd and trading Shaq makes no sense.

Trading Shaq + Z and not getting any Center in return makes even less sense.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Daedelus
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#5 » by Daedelus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:55 am

To the Cavs fans turning this deal down: Boozer is better than Shaq and Z combined. Redd is a huge upgrade from Delonte. Your center position would be ok with Varajao and Kurt.
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#6 » by Westfo3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:06 am

Shaq isn't going to be traded. Cavs traded for him for a reason.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#7 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 am

bahaha done deal

I mean could you atlast include a buyout of big z so he returns.

What are the jazz going to do with shaq, big z and okur?
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Evermore
Banned User

Post#8 » by Evermore » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:21 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:bahaha done deal

I mean could you atlast include a buyout of big z so he returns.

What are the jazz going to do with shaq, big z and okur?

Case for Jazz: Despite having the 2nd highest payroll in the NBA the Utah Jazz just aren't good enough as is to win it all...so they do the smart thing, take a step back this season, then re-load next summer when the contracts of Shaq, Ilgauskas and Korver come off the books freeing up over 40 million! The Jazz also keep NY's pick...which will only help with their quick re-shuffling next offseason. I'm sure the good people of Utah will help Delonte find his way...

Shaq and Z would clear approx. 40 million from the books after this season...so the Jazz don't care what they do. Jazz ride out this year...then reload next offseason

Like I said...

Jazz could very well be a top 5 team heading into the 2011 if the re-invest their finances wisely
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#9 » by CAE15 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 am

as long as we have a wink nudge deal with lebron signing in utah with all the cap room. :D
tylero87
Junior

Post#10 » by tylero87 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:24 pm

CAE15 wrote:as long as we have a wink nudge deal with lebron signing in utah with all the cap room. :D

Haha Cleveland would never forgive us if we "stole" Boozer, gave him back and somehow "stole" Lebron from them as well.....obviously this isn't happening but that would be hilarious.

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”

-Thoreau
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#11 » by SportsInfoBar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Daedelus wrote:To the Cavs fans turning this deal down: Boozer is better than Shaq and Z combined. Redd is a huge upgrade from Delonte. Your center position would be ok with Varajao and Kurt.

Boozer is not better than Shaq and Z combined....Shaq is here for two reasons...Dwight Howard and Andew Bynum, how well can Boozer guard those two?

And Redd is NOT even an upgrade from Delonte. Sometimes I wish that you guys would understand there is more to basketball than scoring 20 pts per game. The ONLY think Redd is better at is shooting. That is IT. Delonte is a far better defender, he is a better ball handler, better passer, better rebounder, better backup PG AND he is MUCH cheaper. And neither is "healthy" at the moment.

Believe it or not the Cavs can score plenty...we need our defense to get back to where it was last year and a big part of why it isn't is because we miss Delonte on that end of the court right now.

Return to Trades and Transactions